Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 19
Re: Hyde Park Live on ITUNES now
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:04

DECCA61
I am asking myself: Why this audio only release... ? The whole show has been filmed in HD .. do we pay 9,99 now for audio on demand.. and later again when a possible DVD comes out? or is the whole film a mistake and not approved by jagger for release??

Richard

Patience my friends. As we have learned some stuff has to spend a few deccades in the vaults to reach full epic status. winking smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:20

Like usual, just to make you a customer twice or more for the same stuff. Nothing new.

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:38

jacollini
Start me up is definitely from #1 show and Miss You from #2.

Hi jacollini,

I do believe Start Me Up is from #2 show and Miss You is from #1 show as I posted.
Please kindly recheck them smiling smiley

atsu-y
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

Re: Hyde Park iTunes
Posted by: dannyhowells ()
Date: July 24, 2013 13:42

stoneskid
dannyhowells
I think this deserves it's own thread.

Is this the one and only Danny Howells the Dj? I only ask cause I saw you post on your twitter that you were going to see the stones and now I see you on here.
Yes it is .. think I spend more time here than I do on my own pages, oops.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 24, 2013 14:28

Bought it. Like it except for hearing Chuck's "1,2,3". Why are they keep it on record? It maybe useful on stage for the band but doesn't add anything for us listeners; on the contrary it's completely anticlimactic.@#$%& that shit!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 24, 2013 14:36

rollmops
Bought it. Like it except for hearing Chuck's "1,2,3". Why are they keep it on record? It maybe useful on stage for the band but doesn't add anything for us listeners; on the contrary it's completely anticlimactic.@#$%& that shit!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Didnt like him too high on the mix of GS as well... the 2nd HP GS actually had a rather "dark" sound, closer to the original, and the CL keyboards high on the mix does not go well with that (and sure was not high on the mix when I heard it live).

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:36

atsu69
jacollini

Hi jacollini,

I do believe Start Me Up is from #2 show and Miss You is from #1 show as I posted.

Hi atsu69!

I checked them yesterday. Listen to beginning of Start Me Up when Mick
before starting the line says "C'mon!"on the itunes release and there
is lack of it in #2 recordings. MC's Introduction is from #2, song itself
from #1 in my opinion.

The same thing is with It's Only Rock&Roll when you have #2 song and
#1 Mick's line about "Who was here in 1969..." which was not spoken
in #2.

Cheers! smiling smiley

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:39

Downloading now

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 24, 2013 15:53

probably a full dvd-cd release in a few months, to earn more money from us........

So, im not gonna fall for it.

Jeroen

Posted by: atsu69 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 16:48

jacollini
atsu69
jacollini

Hi jacollini,

Hi atsu69!

I checked them yesterday. Listen to beginning of Start Me Up when Mick
before starting the line says "C'mon!"on the itunes release and there
is lack of it in #2 recordings. MC's Introduction is from #2, song itself
from #1 in my opinion.

The same thing is with It's Only Rock&Roll when you have #2 song and
#1 Mick's line about "Who was here in 1969..." which was not spoken
in #2.

Cheers! smiling smiley

Hi jacollini,
"Start Me Up" is definitely from #2.
Though I can't hear "C'mon!" in both days audience recordings under the crowd cheers, we can see Mick saying it in the Youtube.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gE8Mp51cNo

"IORR" itself is also from #2, but Mick's "Who was here in 1969..." is from #1 with next song "Tumbling Dice".

But I don't want to quarrel about this matter, we can enjoy the Hyde Park Live either way.
That's only my opinion.

Cheers! smileys with beer

atsu-y
[wwr6.ucom.ne.jp]

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:18

Se sabe si lo va editar en cd por
favor

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:19

klaudio
Hey........I am over 50!!!! And I am enjoying this itunes download to the fullest!

I do have a very good sound system......I downloaded it as slow as possible to cd.

I guarantee it is one of the best live concerts I have heard in quite some time.

Bringing back the memories of the second PHILLY show. If you do record it this way you will need two cds. I know from experience this will have the best sonics.

If you convert to mp3, it will sound better with a DAC.

*Please help me on this. Does the burn speed result in a better quality recording and why? I'm also over 50 and enjoy I-tunes especially if I'm interested in songs and not full albums. TIA

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 24, 2013 17:58

Quit whining about a download release now, DVD release later. Don't buy it then. It's for the fans who want it, period.

Date: July 24, 2013 18:13

I think some kind of tour souvenir is more likely .. maybe a box set like Four Flicks or a combination of dvds and cds from the live shows.
I very much doubt they'll release this Hyde Park as a standalone cd knowing that fans will have already bought it on itunes .. I expect it's going to be a part of a much bigger 50 year (and counting) package with Glastonbury dvd, maybe O2, some of the US gigs etc.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 24, 2013 18:17

24FPS
Quit whining about a download release now, DVD release later. Don't buy it then. It's for the fans who want it, period.

That definitely would've benefitted from a semi colon rather then a period.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 24, 2013 18:29

dannyhowells
I think some kind of tour souvenir is more likely .. maybe a box set like Four Flicks or a combination of dvds and cds from the live shows.
I very much doubt they'll release this Hyde Park as a standalone cd knowing that fans will have already bought it on itunes .. I expect it's going to be a part of a much bigger 50 year (and counting) package with Glastonbury dvd, maybe O2, some of the US gigs etc.

plus a new video version of Hyde Park 1969 smileys with beer

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 24, 2013 18:36

Ronnie is just awesome throughout. Wish they'd mix up the set list some more...

Date: July 24, 2013 18:38

pepganzo

plus a new video version of Hyde Park 1969 smileys with beer

Mmmm .. I'll drink to that smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 24, 2013 18:56

Nice big juicy box set for Christmas, probably.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: July 24, 2013 20:19

Would like to know which song is from which night, but it's still well produced and mixed I think. I do want a DVD though. Preferably of the first show, which I was at.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 24, 2013 20:32

Love it! It is a special thrill - listen to the show you personally attended

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:16

Wroclaw
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

Didnt like him too high on the mix of GS as well... the 2nd HP GS actually had a rather "dark" sound, closer to the original, and the CL keyboards high on the mix does not go well with that (and sure was not high on the mix when I heard it live).

I've already commented on 'The Chuck Leavell' Show. I've listened some more and can only concluDE he was in the room when they mixed it, going "turn up the piano - especially when I do the SWIPE!" The good news is, he must have been tuckered out or off stage getting some Just For Men for his beard during Satisfaction, as thankfully he doesn't ruin that phenemonal version.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 21:59

This is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Everybody sounds great on this recording. I'm so impressed and proud of these guys.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 24, 2013 22:11

DEmerson
Wroclaw
rollmops
Rock and roll,
Mops

I've already commented on 'The Chuck Leavell' Show. I've listened some more and can only concluDE he was in the room when they mixed it, going "turn up the piano - especially when I do the SWIPE!" The good news is, he must have been tuckered out or off stage getting some Just For Men for his beard during Satisfaction, as thankfully he doesn't ruin that phenemonal version.
I'm pretty critical of Chuck when he gunks up songs with his endless tinkling...

...but honestly, he's NOT that bad on this.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 24, 2013 22:24

TomGreen
Would like to know which song is from which night, but it's still well produced and mixed I think. I do want a DVD though. Preferably of the first show, which I was at.

According to Zentgraf:
Start Me Up (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- It's Only Rock'n Roll (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Tumbling Dice (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Emotional Rescue (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Ruby Tuesday (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Doom And Gloom (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Paint It Black (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Got The Silver (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Before They Make Me Run (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Miss You (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Gimme Shelter (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Sympathy For the Devil (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013
- Brown Sugar (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 13.7.2013
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -Hyde Park 6.7.2013

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 24, 2013 23:09

I gave up. I'm not using iTunes. I'm not doing it. I hate iTunes, and i'm bummed they didn't just make the FLAC available on their site. I would have gladly paid for that.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 24, 2013 23:26

Whale
I gave up. I'm not using iTunes. I'm not doing it. I hate iTunes, and i'm bummed they didn't just make the FLAC available on their site. I would have gladly paid for that.

My email address isn't hidden.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 25, 2013 00:15

I'm an iPod guy any more so this is right up my alley...it rocks. Thank you, thank you ,thank you!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 25, 2013 00:17

Whale

256 AAC's are still better than 320 mp3's which aren't much different from Flac, so get with the times, no offense.

Posted by: Gibson668 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 00:24

Bloody hell!...30 years ago you'd be wetting yourself over a cassette tape or some dodgy bootleg vinyl...
I am an audiofool...for my sins I have spent a fortune on my hifi..Yes, flac, when number crunched, is a better medium..but..unless you have the hearing of a bat, these MP3's are fine..get over yourselves and enjoy the bloody music!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 00:25 by Gibson668.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home