Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: under what conditions was Brian Jones fired?
Posted by: Idorh ()
Date: July 23, 2017 22:17

If the 5 children of Brian Jones were to undergo a DNA test, and it is legally and scientifically established that Brian's biological children are. Are they entitled to his inheritance.
With the deceased painter Dali they are going to excavate him for a DNA test to say that a woman says to be daughter of Dali.
If it were true she would get a lot of money.
I hope you can understand my bad English. Best regards Bert ..

Als de 5 kinderen van Brian Jones een DNA test zouden ondergaan, en dat het juridisch en wetenschappelijk vast staat dat het biologische kinderen van Brian zijn. Hebben zij dan recht op zijn erfenis.
Met de overleden schilder Dali gaan zij hem opgraven om een DNA test doen om dat een vrouw zegt de dochter van Dali te zijn.
Als het waar zou zijn dan krijgt zij veel geld.
Ik hoop dat jullie mijn slechte Engels kan begrijpen. Vriendelijke groet Bert..

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 23, 2017 22:22

duke richardson
blivet
This is something of a tangent, but it never occurred to me before that the two people who put the band together in the first place were both fired from it. That band is quite strange in so many ways.
Ian Stewart..
He was not fired, he continued working with the Stones.

It was a unique situation for him, but he accepted it.

Different from being 'fired'.

You are quibbling over my choice of words. The fact remains they were both forced out of the band. Or are you going to claim that Stu left voluntarily?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 23, 2017 22:35

His Majesty
Brian's last known interview...

[iorr.org]

Great, thanks for reminding this interview. thumbs up

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 24, 2017 00:59

blivet
duke richardson
blivet
This is something of a tangent, but it never occurred to me before that the two people who put the band together in the first place were both fired from it. That band is quite strange in so many ways.
Ian Stewart..

You are quibbling over my choice of words. The fact remains they were both forced out of the band. Or are you going to claim that Stu left voluntarily?
Stu was not forced out of the band, nor did he leave. He was demoted, at the behest of ALO for marketing purposes (i.e., the "look" of the group). The Stones organization retained him as a road manager, and he was still allowed to record with them in the studio. In later years he was even on stage with them.

Being forced out/leaving/fired only applies to Brian, as all creative and professional ties with the Stones were severed.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 24, 2017 01:03

blivet
duke richardson
blivet
Ian Stewart..

well he wasn't forced out as in no more involvement. His role changed but he sure kept on recording and playing live with the band. I don't mean to be quibbling with you. It's just that I'm very interested in Stu the man, and his story. He did not want to end his involvement in The Rolling Stones. He may have, probably did, harbor some resentment for his ouster but he understood the marketing tactic behind it. I don't think he pissed off the rest of the band in any way, as Brian surely did. Brian was in Keith's words, a guy who could be so great in one way and such an @#$%& in another. Stu was none of that, he was supportive, he was ultimately a team player. I guess it's up for debate whether he was a Rolling Stone. I suspect if you asked them, the Stones themselves would say he was.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 24, 2017 02:17

stonehearted

Being forced out/leaving/fired only applies to Brian, as all creative and professional ties with the Stones were severed.

Interesting to note that the stones office was helping him to find other musicians, sending telegrams etc.

It was just a three or so week period of course.

Date: July 24, 2017 03:07

His Majesty
stonehearted

Interesting to note that the stones office was helping him to find other musicians, sending telegrams etc.

It was just a three or so week period of course.
Well, sure, the Stones office would still be at his disposal. Perhaps as part of the severance agreement. He would, after all, as part of the payout agreement, be connected in the business sense into perpetuity.

But his creative and professional ties with the Stones themselves, that was done. He no longer had rights to use of the band name, except to be referred to as an "ex-Rolling Stone".

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 24, 2017 04:01

stonehearted

Well, sure, the Stones office would still be at his disposal. Perhaps as part of the severance agreement. He would, after all, as part of the payout agreement, be connected in the business sense into perpetuity.

But his creative and professional ties with the Stones themselves, that was done. He no longer had rights to use of the band name, except to be referred to as an "ex-Rolling Stone".

I wasn't disagreeing with what you said. grinning smileysmileys with beer

Date: July 24, 2017 04:20

Oh, I know HM, I'm just enjoying the discussion. smiling smiley Cheers as well! smileys with beer

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 24, 2017 12:21

Under what conditions? Well, the wind blew hard, it was a stormy night!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 24, 2017 14:19

Whatever they offered him, I expect he deserved more.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: July 24, 2017 14:58

After he died Brian's mum and dad visited the Stones office several times to sort things out.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 25, 2017 12:01

Hairball
VideoJames

" He then reportedly tried to form a supergroup with John Lennon, who had stayed friendly with Jones after his firing".

Someone posted this on Beatles Bible forum:

"Some say that he also recorded (in 1968) a demo with John Lennon and Denny Laine a track called "Go to the Mountains" in an ad hoc band called, of all things, BALLS.

October 1968 Returning to Britain, Denny Laine jams with the ad-hoc outfit Balls, which features John Lennon and Rolling Stone Brian Jones. The band reportedly records a song titled Go To The Mountains for Apple but it is never released"

Don't know of there's any truth to it, but maybe someone knows?

Many years ago I owned a single by Balls called 'Fight for My Country'. It featured the lines 'Why don't we all just go to (live in) the mountains' so this may be the song you refer to. It features some flute/woodwind playing in the intro which may be Brian but see the attached comprehensive article on Balls in which no mention of Brian (or John Lennon) is made

[www.brumbeat.net]

Also, see this info from 45Cat

[www.45cat.com]

You can listen to the song here

[www.youtube.com]

It's apparently the full 6 minute version though I doubt you can stand listening to all of it more than once. It may be Brian on flute or similar because, realistically, I imagine he was desperate for a gig and to be seen to have a life after the Stones, but I can't imagine Lennon being involved in this.

NB 1. the article on Balls is from an excellent website called Brumbeat which has lots of great info on Birmingham UK bands (Brum is an affectionate name for Birmingham, natives are known as 'Brummies' so Denny Laine, Jeff Lynne, Roy Wood, Steve Winwood all qualify.

NB 2. note also the campaign in Brumbeat for the Spencer Davis Group to reunite. Now I would walk 4 miles in the snow to get a ticket for that gig, just as I did for the 'Leeds Lungs' gig all those years ago.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 26, 2017 16:40

paulspendel
After he died Brian's mum and dad visited the Stones office several times to sort things out.

In the mentioned older thread "Brians last interview" we were talking about Brians' possessions at the time of his death.

Doing a Stones fan Club back then I learned through various sources that he died in debt, - which really shocked me in those years.

I'd like to know what is your knowledge in this matter as you did quite a lot of research for your book.Thanks . .

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 27, 2017 01:17

Brian was in debt (as to greater and lesser degrees were the others), due to a number of reasons:
1. Lifestyle costs
2. Failiure to pay tax
3. Appointing a Business Manager (Klein) who witheld royalty payments, because, ironically, his view was that it would reduce their tax liabilities.

Of course, they had all purchased some impressive properties and cars, but it appears that on paper at any rate, their 'liabilities ' exceeded their assets.
Its worth noting that Bill, probably the most careful of the group, took out around a 90% mortgage on his UK castle (Gedding Hall) in late 1968. Proof that he had very little liquid assets.

It's doubtful if Brian checked his bank statements, like Bill did!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home