Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

tour confirmed...the sun
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:32

More tour details in the sun
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: tour confirmed...the sun
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:42

Please, stop this.
ablett, you were to hurried up; see below.
Seems like what´s in the Sun is as heavy as
stuff in "Mad" or something.

A gig at 5th of August should be quite wellknown at this point
on this forum and other similiar sites.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:44

August 05, as in August 2005. Not necessarily the 5th of the month.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:48

ablett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More tour details in the sun
>
>

theres no tour details there at all other than "the Stones are going to tour". Its not even a story, as every paper including this one have been saying for months the Stones will tour in 2005.

The only thing that silly bitch is confirming is that the Stones collective age is 242 years old.

Three years ago her predecessor ran a story with a headline "Stones to tour at 230". They're even recycling headlines now. Obviously a slow news day in the showbiz columns

Date: April 11, 2005 13:48

Baboon Bro, thanks for stating the bloomin obvious!! I thought it would be interesting to keep everyone up with the latest articles....beats wittering on about vibratos or RW v MT!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:51

LOL

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:56

Tell it like it is ablett haha

Date: April 11, 2005 13:56

Right ablett; as you see I was ro rushy miself: August 05 means August 2005 as erikjjf points out above; see also above Gazza on recycle methods among "journalists"

I think we must be careful with what articles we post; many people here are new at the forum and might not be able to evaluate & sort things out.

Not even JKF posts The Sun-articles anymore... The worst is that evening papers all over the world are attaching these low levels...

Date: April 11, 2005 14:03

I'll try not to 'rushy miself' then eh!
How can you criticise a fine institution like the Sun...why you only have to look at the informative front page headline to see how concise it can be.
And what did JFK do to upset ya?
Anyway, I'm sure even beginners dont really need to 'evaluate' these newspaper reports....but it sure beats trying to guess which Sinatra song the aint gonna do!!

Date: April 11, 2005 16:59

Kent is my rock 'n' roll friend & soul brother from Denmark.
but also a youngster with - at times - a little too much eagerness to quote shite-articles like this in question.
Still I think its either a matter of bad sense of hunour to wuote even without marks, like "tour confirmed...". Ok, you mentioned The Sun: But not every Tell Me-user knows that´s toiletpaper... Only a couple of months since I realized it, mostly because of Gazza. And I´m 41 and well-educated, even a Historian that works much with newspapers.
I agree that there´s much crap along this forum esp. last week - but I still think we´re not here to upset honest Stones fans with false rumours.
A suggestion: You could use words like: The sun claims etc. when featuring such stuff.

Date: April 11, 2005 17:19

Can you get 'false' and 'rumour'???? Anyway, who gives a toss....I just thought a few might be interested.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2005 17:55

There is already a thread on this subject here:
"New tour confirmed on British TV"

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home