Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
New Brian Jones book
Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: July 20, 2013 14:24

Hi to you all,

Please check the new book I wrote, with Terry Rawlings, about the death of Brian Jones.

[www.facebook.com]

Kind Regards, Paul

Re: New Brian Jones book
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 20, 2013 16:52

Finally the True Truth Comes out!

Date: July 20, 2013 17:15

We hope so. Terry and I worked on it for a long time. The main attraction of the book, we hope, will be the amount of details we researched and established in relation to Brian's death.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 20, 2013 18:36

Come this book in dutch language?

Date: July 20, 2013 18:53

Well Steffie, as it is I am Dutch. I see you are from Belgium. we speak the same language, more or less smiling smiley. However, the book will be in English only, I am sorry.

Date: July 20, 2013 18:54

Ok, Dank u Paul!

Date: July 20, 2013 18:59

U bent van harte welkom. Hartelijke groet aan mij geliefde zuiderburen en gefeliciteerd met uw nieuwe koning!

Date: July 20, 2013 19:12

Ach ja, dat is morgen, was het bijna vergeten!
Het is hier geen zo een groot feest hoor als bij jullie.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:25

There have been many books over the years about the death of BJ and what can we expect about your new book to be published, are there new facts and evidence?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:38

Good luck to you. I was hoping it was a book about Brian, with real insights from family members and friends. But, it's a rehash with new 'details' about his 'murder'. Maybe someone will finally write a good book on Brian and leave out July of 1969 so we get a true evaluation of the man and not his tabloid ending, forever open to unproven speculations that just won't end.

Date: July 20, 2013 20:57

We believe to be able to present new facts and evidence. For instance regarding the builders, the cover up, the role of driver joan fitzsimons, unseen police files, unaccounted for police action and some strange things happening in the aftermath of his death. The facebook page 'brian jones. The final truth' will provide you more details.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:59

There are some interesting BJ friends/musicians stories in the Brian Jones UK Fan Club 'Spirit' that ran from 1996 through 2003.

Date: July 20, 2013 21:01

I can see your point. His relatives will not talk, i can assure you. We avoided the tabloid approach and took a forensic route. It's the reader who decides.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2013 21:10

24FPS
Good luck to you. I was hoping it was a book about Brian, with real insights from family members and friends. But, it's a rehash with new 'details' about his 'murder'. Maybe someone will finally write a good book on Brian and leave out July of 1969 so we get a true evaluation of the man and not his tabloid ending, forever open to unproven speculations that just won't end.

Hear hear. You'd think all he ever did was die.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 20, 2013 21:15

paulspendel
I can see your point. His relatives will not talk, i can assure you. We avoided the tabloid approach and took a forensic route. It's the reader who decides.

Like I said, good luck to you. I hope you find an audience for your angle. How you expect to have 'the final truth' is up for debate. If it's the 'final truth', then it's not the reader who decides, but cold, hard, forensic facts.

Personally I think Crossfire Hurricane signaled a turning point in the Brian story. With age it seems the Stones have become more sympathetic to what was a tortured human being who might have suffered deep personality disorders. It is no more important how Brian died than Buddy Holly getting his skull cracked open by onrushing ground. In the end it's only their musical legacy that remains. Brian and Buddy were both ahead of their time and were great musicians of their age. The tawdry realities of their endings have become irrelevant with time. Cheers.

Date: July 20, 2013 21:28

We have a cold, hard, forensic police statement proving Sussex Police knew he did not die as ruled by coroner Angus Sommerville. It's the reader who decides if our information is enough.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 20, 2013 23:33

paulspendel

Paul are both his parents deceased? And what other relatives (no need to actually name anyone) are we talking about? Do they even care about the real truth after all these years? Good luck with your book...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 21, 2013 03:56

Sounds like an important contribution to the mystery of the circumstances of Brian's death, and I wish you the best with it...We still need a good book about Brian the musician. Seems like a glaring gap in the Stones literature.

Date: July 21, 2013 12:43

Both his parents are deceased. His dad died in 2009 in Wales where his parents had returned to. Brian's sister is still around.

Date: July 21, 2013 12:45

I agree to that, but that's a whole different angle. I am not qualified for that approach.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: July 21, 2013 16:28

Can't see the 2013 edition listed on amazon yet. Will it be available for kindle?
Do you have any other links you can post ?
I hope you are correct about the forensic route,police reports and identifying the other builders etc. While i am inclined to believe BJ was murdered i have yet to read a book or article that has anything like hard evidence, simply a cast of shady characters,stoners etc. whose actions/tales suggest something suspicious but prove nothing more concrete than speculation. The fact that previous entries i have read in this canon have been frankly not good (or sh**) does not give me hope though i hope i am wrong in your case.
For what it's worth i would not be surprised if Brian finally pissed off the wrong people and paid their price. If he'd been on acid and drowned (or similar),had a seizure (or similar) then i'd have no problem believing he died in the pool while no-one was near. It doesn't seem to me that he was particularly loaded that night but there again accidents do and can happen and he wasn't in great physical/mental shape for his age as far as we know.
Any chance of you posting an extract or two for evaluation Paul ?
When will this be listed on amazon and will there be any (proper) reviews soon ?
Sorry if i seem harsh Paul and Terry, but if (and i mean if) BJ really was murdered, another high profile rubbish book might well be the final nail in his coffin.
I also hope there is some kind of appreciation of Brian's musical talent and achievements as after all, that's why we're all here and the only reason there is any interest in this (potential) case.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 21, 2013 17:29

I ain't one for focusing on Brian's death, he's dead, gone, no more. However, going by previous postings in the recent past on various other forums I have seen that Paul does good research and within those posts he brought up some interesting stuff.

I find Terry to be a bit full of shit when it comes to Brian. This is based on the original version of this book from 1994 and a couple of interviews with him on YouTube. I find it very saddening to read on their facebook page that he's lost photos and postcards that belong to a son of Brian's.

Murdered or not, the selling point of this book for me is Paul's research, some sources can be seen via UK National Archives, but that's just part of it.

Final truth or not, it will be the final book I buy about Brian's death.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-21 18:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 21, 2013 17:56

Did you interview any of his children?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:05

A lot of harsh criticism from people that haven't even cracked the seam of his book (can you do that on a kindle?).

Let's at least wait to read it before we hurl the abuse.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:09

treaclefingers
A lot of harsh criticism from people that haven't even cracked the seam of his book (can you do that on a kindle?).

Let's at least wait to read it before we hurl the abuse.

Just askin' 'bout the kids.

Date: July 21, 2013 18:09

I agree with you His Majesty. I was not impressed by Terry's previous efforts. There's a big difference between writing a gossipy pop star biography and investigating a possible true criminal miscarriage/error of justice.
If there is evidence (i mean real forensic,eye-witness testimony,documentation or similar) that a miscarriage of justice or error of the law has taken place now or then it should be pursued no matter who is involved be it Joe Bloggs or Brian Jones or JFK (depending on your point of view in that one, i'm not entering a debate here).
We are all entitled to justice and truth and we should expect nothing less from the law.
I'm gonna piss my pants laughing about the reality of that later but it's a nice ideal and i wish it was true.
Look forward to hearing your responses to this thread Paul. I hope you understand some of our scepticism and prove us wrong in our concerns. So much crap has been written and spoken about the death of Brian Jones that the prospect of another book is a bit daunting.
Quite frankly, given the subject matter i'd much rather be reading the inventory for the ABKCO tape library. Perhaps in some way that's where the truth of the Brian Jones story lies until his family and close friends are willing to come forward and give their side but I am reminded of Marlene Dietrich's closing remark in Orson Welles's film Touch of Evil.
"What does it matter what you say about people ? He was some kind of a man." cue music.....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:20

I'd much rather have a factual book on the music made during his lifetime. Someone did say awhile back that ABKCO were planning to do a book about sessions etc.

Yes please!

Date: July 22, 2013 15:09

Hi guys,

I can understand your criticism. No hard feelings. Some people judge me for teaming up with Terry. Yes, it's a bit unlikely perhaps, but here we are! He is very keen on the project, just as I am. The point is, and I keep repeating this, no one ever make the effort to really find out things. Take for instance Frank's builders. I was puzzled by this lot, travelled up and down to Sussex, wrote tons of e-mails, sent around lots of pics, called numerous retired coppers until I finally had them all identified. Know what? One of them is a really nice guy, still alive, who was very fond of Brian. Now, did you ever read that in any book? That search alone took me from 2006 until 2011. What nutter would invest 5 years of his live in finding out about a crew of builders? Well, I did. And I used the same approach regarding the other issues.That's what the book is about: details and details. But there will always be people saying, after reading it: is this all? And I will answer: yes, this is all...

Date: July 22, 2013 16:01

Thanks for the reply Paul. Do you know when the book will be available to order on Amazon ?

Date: July 22, 2013 16:18

You are welcome Ash. If all goes well, July 28th will be the launching date.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home