Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT: Why OT not marked as OT are being deleted...
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2014 17:38

bv
Most people will understand

Absolutely. And those who don't (want to) understand, can always go to another forum, or create one for themself.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 3, 2014 19:55

I do understand the rules on this forum and I have the utmost respect for the work that the forum editor puts into it. I was slightly upset, however, that my 2013 comedy thread was moved to another thread which, more or less made my, however insignificant, effort pointless. I hope my ever so mild protest hasn't caused to much work for the editor and if it has I sincerely apologize for that. Now, I wish everyone a good continuation on the new year and let's all go back to the usual affairs around here.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2014 19:58

My 'iPod Shuffle' thread has gone. Why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 20:05 by Big Al.

Date: January 3, 2014 20:04

I think there should be a sub-forum for discussing non-Rolling Stones topics. It's a nonsense that there can be endless trivial, nonsensical, 'favourite Brian Jones picture' threads - how old are we? 10? - when we cannot discuss history, culture, politics or, yes, gasp, religion and war. We are adults, right?

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: January 3, 2014 20:16

Take it or leave it- that's your choice, and it's not a bad one imo. Do whatever you like, but the master here decides what he wants and that's his right. Acept it. If not: Go your own way.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: January 3, 2014 20:37

Rolling Hansie
bv
Most people will understand

Absolutely. And those who don't (want to) understand, can always go to another forum, or create one for themself.

+1

Date: January 3, 2014 20:47

It's about timing as well. If there are multiple OT threads, it's not a good idea to start a new one...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2014 21:13

All basic rules of IORR are clearly explained in the help & policy link on top of the forum pages. If everybody do read these - and follow them, it will save me the two ++ hours EVERY DAY I spend on moderation, closing threads, deleting threads, merging, deleting offending posts and cloasing access when there are seriously offending stuff around.

An internet forum without serious moderation is wild west and dead within one week these days. Every sane person do know this. All I am saying is there will be VERY LITTLE TIME for explaining in the next few months, think before you post. For 99% of all this is no problem.

If you post a nasty picture, offending to some or many, to me or others, or if you offend an individual, or start thread number 9999 about "I don't like Chuck" or "Why Mick T is better or worse than Ronnie" and so on, then don't blame me if I can't re-open your account until 2015. I do know all the tricks, they start nicely and then the few hijack a thread and turn it into a nasty version. I will not allow it.

In fact I have the Magnum right next to me and Dirty Harry will shoot before asking, on a hunch, so may be some will be shot without a reason, no harm done, it is just about posting, not the end of the world. It is self defense fpor me. I have seen the other side, I don't want to be there.

Now I have even added this part to the very same pages, with links to this and other threads:

Posting policy and more

Please see these threads for more details about IORR policy:

IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
IORR quoting policy - please read this before you post
Copyrights - IORR policy

Now there enough insight for the rest of 2014 and I do not intend to explain or reply any further. Thanks for the understanding.

IORR is not a company. It is not something you pay for. It is free work by fans for fans. You are here as a guest. Enjoy!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2014 21:29

Big Al
I think there should be a sub-forum for discussing non-Rolling Stones topics.

It's your good right to think whatever you want. But don't expext Bjornulf or anybody else to start that forum for you. If you really want it, start your own messageboard. Then you can arrange and rule it every which way you want.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 3, 2014 21:53

Big Al
I think there should be a sub-forum for discussing non-Rolling Stones topics. It's a nonsense that there can be endless trivial, nonsensical, 'favourite Brian Jones picture' threads - how old are we? 10? - when we cannot discuss history, culture, politics or, yes, gasp, religion and war. We are adults, right?

It will take up a lot of extra time to moderate and I do not have that time. Every day. A forum has got a legal aspect and a moral aspect. When it is placed under IORR then I am in charge of both. With 50/50 on topic and off topic on IORR these days I think I can say that I give everyone some space to express themselves, but the space is not unlimited, neither is my spare time. And just for the record, I do not intend to add extra moderators at this stage.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: January 3, 2014 23:15

bv
My priority right now is this:

1. Family
2. Stones tour feb-apr
3. Work
4. IORR.org ex. forum
5. IORR forum moderation

If you don't want to be hit by a car then don't try to cross highways, use the designated crossing areas.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor & Moderator
I like that, BV.

Re: OT: What's wrong with comedy?
Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 4, 2014 00:23

bv
... when I close down IORR Tell Me

Please don't scare me like that.

Date: January 4, 2014 07:56

bv

It will take up a lot of extra time to moderate and I do not have that time. Every day. A forum has got a legal aspect and a moral aspect. When it is placed under IORR then I am in charge of both. With 50/50 on topic and off topic on IORR these days I think I can say that I give everyone some space to express themselves, but the space is not unlimited, neither is my spare time. And just for the record, I do not intend to add extra moderators at this stage.

Fair enough. My iPod thread was getting stale, anyway. Keep up the good work, Bjørnulf.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: January 4, 2014 08:40

bv
All basic rules of IORR are clearly explained in the help & policy link on top of the forum pages. If everybody do read these - and follow them, it will save me the two ++ hours EVERY DAY I spend on moderation, closing threads, deleting threads, merging, deleting offending posts and cloasing access when there are seriously offending stuff around.

An internet forum without serious moderation is wild west and dead within one week these days. Every sane person do know this. All I am saying is there will be VERY LITTLE TIME for explaining in the next few months, think before you post. For 99% of all this is no problem.

If you post a nasty picture, offending to some or many, to me or others, or if you offend an individual, or start thread number 9999 about "I don't like Chuck" or "Why Mick T is better or worse than Ronnie" and so on, then don't blame me if I can't re-open your account until 2015. I do know all the tricks, they start nicely and then the few hijack a thread and turn it into a nasty version. I will not allow it.

In fact I have the Magnum right next to me and Dirty Harry will shoot before asking, on a hunch, so may be some will be shot without a reason, no harm done, it is just about posting, not the end of the world. It is self defense fpor me. I have seen the other side, I don't want to be there.

Now I have even added this part to the very same pages, with links to this and other threads:

Posting policy and more

Please see these threads for more details about IORR policy:

IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
IORR quoting policy - please read this before you post
Copyrights - IORR policy

Now there enough insight for the rest of 2014 and I do not intend to explain or reply any further. Thanks for the understanding.

IORR is not a company. It is not something you pay for. It is free work by fans for fans. You are here as a guest. Enjoy!

BV, I am a serious seller on multiple major sites & truly appreciate the work you do to keep people in hand on the talk forum & beyond. There are and always will be blockheads no matter where we go! So please do keep up the good work....but the 'wild west?' That's where I live now! winking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 4, 2014 09:40

So, basically, we've got all the "plagiarism" threads we need . . . winking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 4, 2014 11:15

DandelionPowderman
It's about timing as well. If there are multiple OT threads, it's not a good idea to start a new one...

Yes, Dandy, a very sound strategy. I never post an OT thread if I count 10 or more OTs on page 1.

Date: January 4, 2014 22:05

@ björnulf:
You are absolutely right. I do apologize, sincerely!
smileys with beer

dirk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-04 22:07 by TimeWaitsforNooooOne.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 4, 2014 22:51

Thanks for pointing out my spelling error, TWfNO! I will fix it now. Take care! (I think my spelling program is set for Swedish so every word is underlined with red!)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 5, 2014 00:50

Well, and I hope that my hearing is maintained throughout 2014 out so that I can continue listening to the Stones nasty rock'n'roll ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2014 06:30

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 12, 2014 06:57

A multi-national team of banned members has been sent in to BV's notebook computer on a secret mission.

(No offense intended BV. Just hoping you have a little laugh.)

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: January 12, 2014 07:12

The Sicilian
A multi-national team of banned members has been sent in to BV's notebook computer on a secret mission.

(No offense intended BV. Just hoping you have a little laugh.)
winking smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 14, 2014 06:54

BV (aka Dirty Harry) Stick to your guns. You do great work and you time is appreciated.

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: January 14, 2014 15:47

I really enjoy this site, mainly for the Stones news and rumored tour dates, travel info and Stones history. Keep up the great work BV, and thank you.

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: August 21, 2018 05:42

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:02 by Santipab.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 21, 2018 20:52

Santipab
I wish I could permanently delete this user ID since I no longer have access to the associated email address (and it can't be changed on this forum).

Send a note to bv, he might be able to help

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 21, 2018 21:03

BluzDude
Santipab
I wish I could permanently delete this user ID since I no longer have access to the associated email address (and it can't be changed on this forum).

I know I have changed my email address at leazt once and kept the same username, but I can't remember how. I think I just emailed bv.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 21, 2018 21:14

Green Lady
BluzDude
Santipab

I know I have changed my email address at leazt once and kept the same username, but I can't remember how. I think I just emailed bv.

Go to "My Control Center" om the right top of this page and you can edit your email...............

Date: August 22, 2018 10:57

If you have changed e-mail then just register a new user and send me an e-mail telling me about the new and old user.

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 22, 2018 11:31

Why is the word @#$%& turned into gobbledygook when typed in this forum?

plexi

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home