Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2018 01:37

Not sure exactly of all the details regarding this situation, but can he be "banned" in a friendly way which would result in his account being deactivated?

Re: delete email
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: October 18, 2018 03:54

Deltics
His Majesty
Why not just delete all of his details as requested, info, posts etc and be done with it?

Seems more time is being spent going round in circles about it than it takes to just nuke the lot.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Couldn't agree more. Normally you have to post something offensive to be removed from this site. Santipab has been very polite and patient so far.
I can't see what the problem is.

That would work nicely.

I hope that I will be able to remain polite if this goes on for much longer!

Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: October 18, 2018 03:57

Hairball
Not sure exactly of all the details regarding this situation, but can he be "banned" in a friendly way which would result in his account being deactivated?

That would be perfect.

I have nothing more to say about the Stones (I ony posted a few things related to shows and most of them have been deleted) so I won't be adding anything more to the general dicussion.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 04:06 by Santipab.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2018 12:11

Santipab

Would it be possible to remove the email address IORR holds for me?

Send me an e-mail. That's all. So far nobody sent me an e-mail regarding this matter, at least not for weeks and weeks...

Bjornulf

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 18, 2018 16:23

The cycle continues. confused smiley

"Now finally I can't access that email account at all so I can't make this request by email. That why I'm posting here to request that my compromised address be deleted." - Santipab

hot smiley

Date: October 18, 2018 16:35

His Majesty
The cycle continues. confused smiley

"Now finally I can't access that email account at all so I can't make this request by email. That why I'm posting here to request that my compromised address be deleted." - Santipab

hot smiley

I can't fathom why he won't send Bjørnulf the request from a different email-account, and communicate with him on this issue from there. Is it so hard?

confused smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 18, 2018 16:41

On an unrelated topic, bv, could you please remove my signature? I've tried many times and get an error notice. Thanks! Love the site.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 18, 2018 16:57

I have a theory of what went wrong. Instead of using "Report This Message " to facilitate an issue with account. One should use - E-mail: [email protected]

Is this what possibly happened? I'm only speculating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-18 22:18 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 18, 2018 17:11

I was last on the site almost 24 hours ago and am evah so slightly bemused to see this issue limping on. Hauw!
smoking smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:12

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:19

Hairball

Just BAN him in the legendary un-friendly way already!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 18, 2018 18:36

grinning smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2018 20:15

Yes, that would work also!

This might be a job for the fictitious Ban Brigade! grinning smiley

*Legend has it that if enough people gang up to conspire to have some banned, then sure enough it will happen!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2018 22:42

If he will be banned and he decide to come back to IORR he has to apologize to BV hot smiley

Date: October 19, 2018 14:03

What a waste of time. Over an IORR user account no longer wanted linked to an e-mail address which will no longer be used.

Maybe spend the time penetration testing / auditing / securing your computer or smartphone instead of wasting the time on this nonsense.

Date: October 19, 2018 15:25

Winning Ugly VXII
What a waste of time. Over an IORR user account no longer wanted linked to an e-mail address which will no longer be used.

Maybe spend the time penetration testing / auditing / securing your computer or smartphone instead of wasting the time on this nonsense.

There might be a misunderstanding here. Seemingly, he doesn't know that he's allowed to send Bjørnulf an email from a different account to sort this farce out..

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 19, 2018 15:27

" 'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know it can't stop, I wonder "

Date: October 19, 2018 15:48

dead.flowers
" 'Til forever, on it goes
Through the circle, fast and slow,
I know it can't stop, I wonder "

You gotta love the CCR ref-

Date: October 19, 2018 17:00

If you are worried about your online security then IORR is the last place to worry about. There are absolutely NO personal data stored on IORR.

Those who register on IORR for posting purposes have to do so via an e-mail address, and a nickname, thst is all. You do not store any cash or values or other items of personal kind on IORR. It's just a forum.

IORR is not a bank. Just make sure you update your passwords on sites you store valuable data and banking info, and do not reuse passwords on such sites.

Bjornulf

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 19, 2018 17:41

BV,

don't want to sound pedantic, AND IN NO WAY I WANT TO CRITICIZE YOUR WORK, but here in the EU the legal definition of ‘personal data’ is "any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person".

"dentifiable natural person" is "one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name ... an online identifier ... "

Lots of the users here are 100% anonymous, but in many cases - mine for instance - the real name is published (and I am perfectly OK with this) and posts often include personal information of any kind.

Under EU privacy law "The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement" (article 16 REG EU 2016/679).

Of course, by definition, introduce legal jargon on a Stones discussion board is the height of bad manners, so I beg your pardon in advance!

C

Date: October 19, 2018 18:43

I see there are some confused posts here. I do work professionally with GDPR and digital strategies. That is my job. IORR will have a full scale GDPR compliance declaration online shortly. Meanwhile, for those who are concerned about their personal data, number one and the only part that matters here is to contact IORR through e-mail. Before that, make sure you understand the GDPR law.

UPDATE:
The new pages on IORR provacy and GDPR are now online. Please see the home page of IORR, at the very bottom of that page.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-19 20:43 by bv.

Posted by: ToddS ()
Date: November 12, 2020 23:28

How Do I Delete my own post ? I made too many mistakes yesterday because i went too fast posting audio . Sorry to bother you people . Please help .

Date: November 12, 2020 23:51

ToddS
How Do I Delete my own post ? I made too many mistakes yesterday because i went too fast posting audio . Sorry to bother you people . Please help .

You can't delete it. Edit it, delete the text and make a new post - or simply add a . instead (if you don't wanna post).

Date: November 12, 2020 23:54

I would like to see all the closed threads or deleted threads and see what happened over the years. I think it would make for an interesting read! smiling smiley

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: February 4, 2022 17:30

Hi,
I think I may have broken the rules by posting in old threads that were dormant for a long time. I won't do it again, but I was wondering if anyone knows why this isn't allowed?

Not trying to be rude - I just genuinely didn't know it wasn't allowed and I was just wondering why it wasn't smiling smiley

Thanks smiling smiley

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realise this would come up on this board. I'd best stop posting I think! confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-04 17:32 by Barkerboy2.

Date: February 4, 2022 17:41

People do post in old threads all the time. Then I have to delete the new comments, and close the thread, in order to avoid confusion.

No worries, no need to say sorry or excuse me, it's just a matter of keeping the number of old threads with "new life" down.

If you meet a person on the street, and this person ask a question, then 1, 2 or 5 years later, you meet this person again, and you answer that old question, and then just leave, that other person would be confused, right?

Same with "Have you been playing Blue and Lonesome lately", long time after, quoting a comment given 1-2 years ago, and so on.

It simply makes life easier and IORR easier to navigate if talks are done in "living threads".

The only way to dig out and comment in an old thread here is to search, so before you post in a thread you have searched for, check if it is old.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 4, 2022 18:00

Since I have you here, BV: There is an ongoing military conflict in Ukraine which affects the whole Baltic area and Europe (and NATO). Who knows - it might even be the start of a third world war.
There is even a strong connection between the Beijing Olympics and the Ukraine conflict (it may delay the start of the war). Why is this a taboo subject on IORR?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-04 18:06 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: February 4, 2022 18:02

bv
People do post in old threads all the time. Then I have to delete the new comments, and close the thread, in order to avoid confusion.

No worries, no need to say sorry or excuse me, it's just a matter of keeping the number of old threads with "new life" down.

If you meet a person on the street, and this person ask a question, then 1, 2 or 5 years later, you meet this person again, and you answer that old question, and then just leave, that other person would be confused, right?

Same with "Have you been playing Blue and Lonesome lately", long time after, quoting a comment given 1-2 years ago, and so on.

It simply makes life easier and IORR easier to navigate if talks are done in "living threads".

The only way to dig out and comment in an old thread here is to search, so before you post in a thread you have searched for, check if it is old.

Thank you BV - that makes a lot of sense! smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 4, 2022 18:09

It's obviously political about Ukraine, Russia etc.

After one comment, there will be a tsunami of comments which ends up in another closed thread.

Not too hard to predict that. confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-04 18:14 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 4, 2022 18:19

Sure, but it's also a fact of life. A reality. Something that will affect all of us in one way or another. Not just "politics".

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2320
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home