Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Delete user.
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2018 08:15

Santipab

So how about just deleting this user, email and posts?

Deleting users on iorr will never happen, because a user may be connected to several posts and replies, and deleting an entry in the database like a user would be like deleting a person in the history book. This is not something we do in my part of the world. We do not rewrite history.

Bjornulf

Date: September 26, 2018 08:18

Santipab
Santipab
bv
Santipab
bv
If you have changed e-mail then just register a new user and send me an e-mail telling me about the new and old user.

No I just want to delete the account and email under this user ID.

No need to change the e-mail. If you want access using a new e-mail then just add a new user.

Nope, I just want to delete the account and email under this user ID.

You have 25 posts! Edit those yourself and you're good to go to register a new user.

Re: IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Date: September 26, 2018 08:20

I might replace the current IORR forum solution for a better one, but not right now. It is a matter of time, strategy and cost.

If you know the "perfect" forum then feel free to let me know where it may be found. It should be ad free, easy to use, mobile friendly, easy admin, cost very little (because I pay for it), and it should have a lifespan of 20+ years into the future, as from now on, like this current forum solution, which have been in use for 20+ years now. It is not perfect, but it is still running.

Bjornulf

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: September 26, 2018 09:43

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-29 16:00 by Santipab.

Date: September 26, 2018 10:30

Santipab
bv
Santipab

Deleting users on iorr will never happen, because a user may be connected to several posts and replies, and deleting an entry in the database like a user would be like deleting a person in the history book. This is not something we do in my part of the world. We do not rewrite history.

Most of the posts are already blank so it's very easy to 'rewrite history'.

It's also a legal requirement to delete personal data of EU citizens if requested to do so.

Since your email is hidden, your data will hardly qualify as personal – unless «Santipab» is your real name, that is.

-
Date: September 26, 2018 10:34

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:05 by Santipab.

-
Date: September 26, 2018 14:49

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:05 by Santipab.

Date: September 26, 2018 18:17

Santipab

It's also a legal requirement to delete personal data of EU citizens if requested to do so but maybe IORR is above the law.

The fine i.e. what you have to pay IF and WHEN you break the law of the GDPR policies, is something like 10% of the revenue. As IORR is a pure loss for me then I assume someone will pay back 10% of my loss.

On the more serious side, you may send an e-mail to IORR requesting personal data to be deleted according to GDPR policies, but then you would not be allowed back into IORR later on. I have no problems handling GDPR, in fact that is what I relate to professionally, but don't expect me to work double, for free.

Bjornulf

-
Date: September 26, 2018 18:53

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-13 09:14 by Santipab.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2018 20:54

bv
Green Lady

Someone who has been well known for years under their old name may not want a new identity.

Well IORR is a free site with no sponsors or commercials, so if you change e-mail then very simple you change from nick to nick2 not that complicated. There are bigger problems in life, and to be honest, an upgrade of the IORR forum to a much more advanced functionality is not my priority now.

It's fine as it is now. While a fancier look might be nice, there is no real need.

plexi

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 26, 2018 21:12

bv
Santipab

Well, all posts pre 2004 were deleted once.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 27, 2018 01:08

TooTough
bv
Santipab

I remember a discussion in the past that the old post pre 2004 will be added again..............

As for the layout of Tell Me leave it as it is I'm fine with the simpicity...........maybe add one option for me.....make uninterested topics invisible "Reply To This Message" "Quote This Message" "Report This Message" Make This Topic Invisible"

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 27, 2018 11:55

As for the layout of Tell Me leave it as it is I'm fine with the simpicity......

Couldn't agree more.

Please leave the layout as it, bv!

d.f

Date: September 27, 2018 12:04

NICOS
TooTough
bv
Santipab

I remember a discussion in the past that the old post pre 2004 will be added again..............

As for the layout of Tell Me leave it as it is I'm fine with the simpicity...........maybe add one option for me.....make uninterested topics invisible "Reply To This Message" "Quote This Message" "Report This Message" Make This Topic Invisible"

I thought that due to a crash everything between 1995 and 2004 was deleted and can't be retrieved..

Date: September 27, 2018 12:06

dead.flowers
As for the layout of Tell Me leave it as it is I'm fine with the simpicity......

Couldn't agree more.

d.f

And there is another design option as well, if memory serves: The green one. NICOS, didn't you prefer that design (Not sure if I remember right here smiling smiley )?

Date: September 27, 2018 20:42

DandelionPowderman

I thought that due to a crash everything between 1995 and 2004 was deleted and can't be retrieved..

The IORR forum database was "purged" i.e. old posts removed many years ago because I was fed up of people posting on old threads. It is very confusing, when you add a comment to a thread that is may be five years old in history. Before I did the purge I made a backup of the forum, so all the posts are available, but I don't have time to sort them out. It will be a task when both I and the Stones have retired. There have never been any crash in any IORR data, since the start back in 1996. Twentytwo years and still running.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 27, 2018 20:44

I like the forum just like it is.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 27, 2018 20:52

Elmo Lewis

Me too.

THANK YOU BJORNULF -

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: September 29, 2018 12:58

bv
I might replace ........... which have been in use for 20+ years now. It is not perfect, but it is still running.

Just like the real world!!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2018 10:27

Elmo Lewis

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 2, 2018 23:25

DandelionPowderman
dead.flowers

Couldn't agree more.

d.f

And there is another design option as well, if memory serves: The green one. NICOS, didn't you prefer that design (Not sure if I remember right here smiling smiley )?

Bit late but yes I use the green layout "Phorum Emerald layout 1.1" which is nicer than the clasic one.

Date: October 2, 2018 23:31

thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2018 08:02

The theme of this thread is a bit of a downer and I would hope we'd soon be able to close or delete it...OR alternatively, let's embrace it, post it as a sticky and get the numbers up so we can mount a challenge to Rockman's Some Kinda thread, who is closing in on a million views. STOP THE ROCK, man!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2018 10:03

TREACLE!!!! ….leave Rockeeeeee alone...
I was with him yesterday and he's a good boy....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2018 16:38

Rockman

TREACLE!!!! ….leave Rockeeeeee alone...
I was with him yesterday and he's a good boy....

I'm just concerned that the sheer weight of 1 million views could potentially break IORR. BV is going to have to shore up those foundations!

-
Date: October 5, 2018 09:36

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-16 14:33 by Santipab.

-
Date: October 13, 2018 06:57

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-16 14:34 by Santipab.

Date: October 13, 2018 13:52

I don't understand. IORR is not a bank as someone once said.

Can't you just stop using the old IORR user and create a new one along with new e-mail ??

There's no real profit to be made by hackers posting Rolling Stones opinions under a stolen IORR user name.

-
Date: October 13, 2018 14:20

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-16 14:33 by Santipab.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 13, 2018 14:53

Santipab
Winning Ugly VXII
I don't understand. IORR is not a bank as someone once said.

Can't you just stop using the old IORR user and create a new one along with new e-mail ??

There's no real profit to be made by hackers posting Rolling Stones opinions under a stolen IORR user name.

Don't worry about it. This is a conversation between me and BV and it's only here because I can't email him from the linked account (and anyway he didn't reply when I did).

I was a recent victim of identity theft. My phone, email , and bank account were hacked. Fortunately, the bank caught the initial illegal transaction where the perpetrator used my info to purchase a money order of $1000. My bank immediately shut down my account. The the thieves also tried to buy gift cards up to $800 at a local Publix (regional grocery store). That purchase attempt was denied .

I had to change my email address, cell number (and reconfigure phone). Also this involves changing resume info, I had to file a police report and send to my bank. This took me a week of my time and mental integrity. The bank never pursued the the thief.

I would have to agree that sometimes it is necessary to change user name, passwords and e-mail addresses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-10-13 14:58 by Chris Fountain.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1556
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home