Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
IORR policy and closed/deleted threads
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2013 23:47

Before you post, please read the "forum help and policies" link on top of the forum pages. There you will find the basic rules of the IORR forum pages. Please do also note that there are three forums, not just Tell Me. If you want to trade then use the trading forums.

There are few rules on IORR:

1. Please do not offend

2. Please do NOT discuss other private persons in the public

3. Please NO politics and NO religion talks

4. Off Topic posts may be deleted if they are too many and/or silly

IORR is made thanks to thousands of helpful fans and friends who collaborate with reviews, comments, reports and information. Please note that IORR is a web site I am running in my spare time, as a free service for more than two million Stones fans all over the world. IORR has been online since 1996, now running for seventeen years. IORR is non-commercial, with no ads. As of now IORR has got 840,000 i.e. close to one millon unique web pages of contents, probably the most content rich web Rolling Stones web site there is.

If your post is missing then please use the "Search Authors" option. May be it is merged into an existing thread on the same subject. Or may be your post was deleted, due to the above rules.

Thanks for your understanding!

Bjornulf Vik (bv)
IORR Editor & moderator

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 21:32 by bv.

OT: Why OT not marked as OT are being deleted...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:02

Made a 2013 comedy thread yesterday. Suddenly it's gone. It's not the first time this happens. Why is humor considered subversive on this forum?
What's wrong with a laugh now and then? Is this a dead serious forum? I don't get it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 10:16 by bv.

Re: OT: What's wrong with comedy?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 31, 2013 20:40

It is a very serious forum yes...you aren't serious are you?

Date: January 1, 2014 19:54

Here are my New Year's resolutions concerning this forum:

- Never mention anything that deals with humor or comedy.
- Only post on the Taylor versus Wood threads.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 1, 2014 20:04

It was moved to the youtube favorite video thread...

Date: January 1, 2014 20:19

I understand, Torres. But to move anything there is probably worse than deleting it in the first place. The favorite videos thread is a sinkhole.
It's okey though. I will let this mild protest sink down into oblivion...

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 1, 2014 20:24

Yes, I agree with you. There was some freshness in your initiative comparing with the rest of the threads, so it's a pity. I rarely go check the sinkhole...

Date: January 1, 2014 20:27

Thanks, Torres.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:22

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:23

Stoneage
I understand, Torres. But to move anything there is probably worse than deleting it in the first place. The favorite videos thread is a sinkhole.
It's okey though. I will let this mild protest sink down into oblivion...

You call my thread a sinkhole? ;o)....... your right I don't think this thread is the right place for combining threads as it's only for posting a video and not for long discussions

Date: January 1, 2014 21:33

Your thread is excellent, Nicos. If it's used for what it was intended for, as you say. I don't think any thread deserves to be a collecting depot though. Hence the "sinkhole" term...

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 1, 2014 22:20

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: January 1, 2014 22:25

Great cartoon, Andrew T! He has a brand new set of teeth now though. Whiter than fresh fallen snow...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 2, 2014 02:56

...Nimble Insurance ... me fave TV ad of the year ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 2, 2014 03:53

Keith Richards reads Goldilocks

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 2, 2014 11:15

It happens also to me.
Last week i started a new thread to remember the dead of Joe Strummer (Dec 22) and 2 days later the thread was gone.
What is wrong to remember a great musician which has had a major impact to many Rolling Stones fans?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:35

Apparently the same thing that is wrong with the herbal situation in Colorado.winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 2, 2014 23:46

To be fair, bv does have to make decisions about should it stay or should it go. Granted, everyone loves their own threads, so instead of NIMBY, we have NMTPleaaaseee...

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: January 3, 2014 00:13

kathy griffin.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 3, 2014 02:09

{deleted by author}

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-04 00:20 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 3, 2014 03:31

I had a thread get merged into that YouTube thread also. It was a long time ago. It really didn't belong there, I think the only reason it got merged there is because in the thread at one point me or somebody else posted a related YouTube video and then next time I saw it was in that YouTube thread. Oh well, better than deleting it I guess, but that was the end of the conversation essentially. My threads have a tendency to just disappear down the list rather quickly anyway so it was probably the same fate as if it had been left separate.

Date: January 3, 2014 04:35

Maybe the answer is that simple:

Vik-Brother is watching you ;-)

ps happy NY!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 3, 2014 05:05

You'll know you've made it when another OT thread gets merged to this one!smoking smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 3, 2014 05:30

Stoneage
Here are my New Year's resolutions concerning this forum:

- Never mention anything that deals with humor or comedy.
- Only post on the Taylor versus Wood threads.

But what about the ever popular Beatles vs. Stones argument? There's a warhorse to trample all warhorses. Is like cavemen vs. dinosaurs.

Date: January 3, 2014 10:12

What is wrong with the world these days? They seem to arrest people who rape women in India, and these days you might have the police on the door if you post racist, hate or any sort of offending comments! (Irony)

Just use the Help and Policies link on the top of the forum pages, and you will see why a thread is deleted or merged:

- Off topic not marked as OT - will be deleted automatically
- Too many off topics : Then any OT may be deleted
- Drugs: Are 100% OT and seriously, they take away your mind
- Sexist, racial, politics, hate - no space for such here

The list above is NOT open for discussion by the way. If you want free drugs then feel free to move to places where these are allowed, but don't bring them into Singapore, and don't start campaigns about free drugs on IORR. I am personally against getting other people into smoking, drinking, drugs, those sort of destructive items. If yiu need drugs then you will get them from a drugstore or a doctor, but we don't need to discuss drugs plitics on IORR. If you take drugs while driving you are a death machine, too many people die every day because of drugged drivers and so on. Long, story, no space for it here. Anyway, they are seriously OT.

I am an intelligent person. I spend a lot of time every day of my life keeping IORR clean. Most news sites have closed their comments sections and/or demand real names, no anonymous posts, because there are too many offending anonymous cases out there. People on IORR should be happy that I keep IORR still open with a forum rather than closing it down because I don't want to spend my private time on moderation. These days I am busy with work, family, personal Stones activities and IORR. I have to reduce the workload by 50% right now; ask yourself what 50% I will decide to put priority on.

My general policy is to delete the access from users who re-post something I have closed and/or deleted. It is showing lack of respect if you question my judgement ands/or the way I run IORR by re-posting in such a way. Personally I have an e-mail address easily available on IORR, and I am available for questions, also I am a real person with a real name, unlike some on IORR who do not present themselves with full name and address when they make critics. Ask me if there is a question, but please do not ask me if you broke a lot of rules...

There are 2 millon visitors on IORR every year. This year there will be even more. My concern is mainly with these two million and not the odd OT some people want to display, very simple.

Please note! This thread will be closed soon. If someone may help me finding one of the previous IORR posting policies threads then it would help me a lot. Thanks!

Bjornulf

Re: OT: Why OT not marked as OT are being deleted...
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 3, 2014 11:05

Agree 100% BV!

But before this thread is closed, and because this thread is (was originally) about comedy, and because this is a Stones forum, well how about....

Keith Richards falls out of a tree.... and straight onto Ronnie Wood.... " talk about "out the tree and into the wood...."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-04 03:56 by stonehearted.

Date: January 3, 2014 12:00

TimeWaitsforNooooOne
Maybe the answer is that simple:

Vik-Brother is watching you ;-)

ps happy NY!

I think such comments like this one are made in lack of respect. Last name of a person is used in the army and may be in a prison, to make a distance, and the "big brother" comment is even more stupid. Too stupid to be deleted. I choose to make a comment on it rather than delete, but if there are too many of these then please note that the people who post such commenst are those who are to be blamed when I close down IORR Tell Me i.e. the forum. It takes just one minute to close it, and it might happen one day, as an alternative to wasting my time on moderation.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 3, 2014 12:12

bv
please note that the people who post such commenst are those who are to be blamed when I close down IORR Tell Me

I sincerely hope that this will never happen. Bjornulf, although I really understand how annoying it must be to keep repeating what the rules on this board are, and finding out many times that some people refuse to stick to these rules. Please keep in mind that the majority on IORR are just good people who come here to talk about their favorite band "The Rolling Stones". Many of the people on IORR go back many, many years, have met in person and became quite good friends. Please, don't let those few take away the fun from so many.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 3, 2014 12:35

Rolling Hansie
bv
please note that the people who post such commenst are those who are to be blamed when I close down IORR Tell Me

I sincerely hope that this will never happen. Bjornulf, although I really understand how annoying it must be to keep repeating what the rules on this board are, and finding out many times that some people refuse to stick to these rules. Please keep in mind that the majority on IORR are just good people who come here to talk about their favorite band "The Rolling Stones". Many of the people on IORR go back many, many years, have met in person and became quite good friends. Please, don't let those few take away the fun from so many.

thumbs up

Re: OT: Why OT not marked as OT are being deleted...
Date: January 3, 2014 13:27

My priority right now is this:

1. Family
2. Stones tour feb-apr
3. Work
4. IORR.org ex. forum
5. IORR forum moderation

To save time I will delete posts, threads and users if there are issues. Time is short and I don't have time for discussions. If you don't want to be hit by a car then don't try to cross highways, use the designated crossing areas. My "time to hit" will be much shorter than normal this year, I will rather spend time on 1-4 above than 5. Most people will understand.

I get more than 100 queries every day on the IORR forum for new user, new registrations. I deny access to 80% of them because they are spam/trash - people who are looking for a place to sell i.e. link up their stuff. It will be hard to register a new user if you are out of IORR this spring., This is just some general info. IORR will always be open for everyone to read, but posting on the forum is a privilege everybody should take care of by a minumum of respect for each others, otherwise I will use the DELETE button.

Bjornulf
IORR Editor & Moderator

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 15:01 by bv.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home