Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT - Rolling Stone Magazine, WTF is wrong with you???
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 18:51

Treaclefingers, you think life is a Hollywood movie, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

It's only in magazines and blockbusters that the evil person must only be portrayed with nasty looks, tattoos and scars, while the good ones have white teeth, and are good-looking... in real life, if Tsarnaev is 19yo and good-looking there's currently no law asking medias to photoshop his face so that he looks like a baddie... deal with the reality mate.

Date: July 18, 2013 18:52

That makes me think of those censors who banned an advertisement in the tube in Paris because it was showing Coco Channel with a cigarette, omg, a cigarette ! We cannot show that to the public !!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:00

beepee2
Treaclefingers, you think life is a Hollywood movie, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

It's only in magazines and blockbusters that the evil person must only be portrayed with nasty looks, tattoos and scars, while the good ones have white teeth, and are good-looking... in real life, if Tsarnaev is 19yo and good-looking there's currently no law asking medias to photoshop his face so that he looks like a baddie... deal with the reality mate.

I'm on my third cup...maybe too much coffee? Look, you don't see it, I get that. Doesn't mean other people don't. RS made a decision here...it was no accident they chose that shot. If there was a photo with him stripped to his waist in full 'Rock God' mode, they would have used that.

My point is of course they can do that, but they should be prepared to deal with the fallout. If George Zimmerman were put on the cover smiling with his recently returned hand piece, would that be ok? He is 'not guilty' after all.

I'm just saying they crossed a line they didn't need to, to do the story. I guess they did feel like they needed to though, because RS is on a downslide so there desperate. At least that's what it seems...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:03

Isn't giving overblown marks to every Stones album every fifth year the only purpose with that magazine?

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:03

steverogan
LongBeachArena72
calm down, everyone:

[www.rollingstone.com]

the subtitle of this cover story is:

"how a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical islam and became a monster."

the magazine may no longer be relevant, but that's an appropriate—and, I daresay, interesting—story to report.

The cover's headline makes this bastard look like a victim; 4 people were murdered by this thug- actually 5- he did us all a favor by running over and killing his brother- known in Boston as Speedbump- Numerous others lost limbs and were severely injured. changing their lives and the lives of their loved one forever. Poor kid had to go to a community school instead of a private one! Poor baby! He suffered in the US because he had to take classes in English! he government supported his family with welfare and his mother was caught shoplifting. He should be tried as a terrorist in a military tribunal; then executed by hanging on Boston Common. RS has become more and more irrelevant. This was a desperate attempt to garner attention. The editors explanation for why they put sh&theads face on the cover is total BS. Perhaps if some of their family members suffered as the victims in Boston, they would have had more sensitivity to the issue. Do we have free press? Yes. with that comes responsibility. RS crossed the line and have lost another reader. I have been back to Boston, visited the memorial and businesses on Boylston street. The city has moved on and will continue to be an important, vibrant, historic city in the US and the world.
Boston Strong!

Generally speaking I think it is important try to explain the internal psychological logic between the terrorist attacks (how sick that logic may be...), there is always some kind of logic behind human behavior, so it's important try to understand (psychologically) that logic, of course not to approve of it morally, that's a whole another thing. I haven't read the whole story of the magazine, but if the magazine tries to analyze the psychology behind those attacks, there is nothing wrong about it. Of course I judge that kind of attacks but the mere judging doesn't get us any further with explaining the terrorism or crimes. There are also different choices someone can make, so I don't mean by the logic that he "had to do" those attacks, but why did he choose to make those attacks? (Or someone shooting others in the schools?) Was there some serious mental health issues, was he somehow brainwashed? I don't know. Maybe someone who has actually read the whole article in the magazine can elaborate on this?

I understand this is a very sensitive issue and all my sympathies are on the victims' and their families' side.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:08

beepee2
"The EU, UN and others have sanctions against Iran too"

... steverogan discovers how geopolitics work... of course we are following the US because the US dictate what to do to half of the planet and because our leaders are US agents. Do you also think that the Ecuador's Snozden plane was banned from flying over half of EU countries just because those countries decided on their own to do this with no involvement of the US ?

So you're right, mind your own business, and don't ask us to come along with you in Irak for instance...

In which country do you live? We'll notify Obama, the Senate, and the House.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:11

beepee2
jamesfdouglas
Putting the Boston Boston suspect on your cover, giving him the Rock Star Treatment.

You know, magazines are not just pictures, there are words as well, which all make sentences, you are an adult, I guess you can read.

So what, you suggest that for some weird reasons there should be a ban on showing pictures of terrorists/criminals ?

Ask me when someone blows up family members, and you saw him dolled up on the front cover of Rolling Stone like a bloody rock star with a sympathetic tagline.

This is about the cover, beepee2. Not simply writing a story about him. I suggest re-reading my first post, and then the rest of this thread. Since you're also an adult, I'm going to let you read those words again, and maybe, juuust maybe, you'll come up with the same conclusion allllll by your widdle self.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:13

As the Stones already sang early in their career, "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover"

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:13

treaclefingers
rollingon
treaclefingers
rollingon
treaclefingers
Of course they're free to do it...it's just in poor taste, and at first glance looks as though they're glorifying it.

Why don't they put the survivors on the cover instead? Just a bad decision and even if everyone isn't pissed off I think enough people are that it will impact them.

I don't think I need to buy Rolling Stone to get the goods on the terrorist bombers.

IMO there is nothing glorifying in that picture but I live in Europe so I don't really understand the American glorifying culture.

then why bother commenting if you admit you don't understand?

Because it is so odd to me that just because someone is on the cover would make him/her a glorified person, I don't think myself if I see someone on the cover of some magazine that the magazine is trying to glorify that person.

As you said, you don't understand. It's not about having the person on the cover, but the style of the photo.

They are free to publish it that way if they want, but then they are also free to accept any backlash should it come their way. There are any number of other photos that were probably available so choosing that one had intent, it was meant to stir a little controversy to save their flagging business.

Maybe you are right that they were knowingly presenting him on the cover as young and "innocent" look (even smiling) which is in total opposite to the nature of those attacks. Maybe this was meant to present a question: Why him???

Date: July 18, 2013 19:16

jamesfdouglas

with a sympathetic tagline.

You mean calling him a "Monster" on a cover of a magazine ? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 19:16 by beepee2.

Date: July 18, 2013 19:17

rollingon
steverogan
LongBeachArena72
calm down, everyone:

[www.rollingstone.com]

the subtitle of this cover story is:

"how a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical islam and became a monster."

the magazine may no longer be relevant, but that's an appropriate—and, I daresay, interesting—story to report.

The cover's headline makes this bastard look like a victim; 4 people were murdered by this thug- actually 5- he did us all a favor by running over and killing his brother- known in Boston as Speedbump- Numerous others lost limbs and were severely injured. changing their lives and the lives of their loved one forever. Poor kid had to go to a community school instead of a private one! Poor baby! He suffered in the US because he had to take classes in English! he government supported his family with welfare and his mother was caught shoplifting. He should be tried as a terrorist in a military tribunal; then executed by hanging on Boston Common. RS has become more and more irrelevant. This was a desperate attempt to garner attention. The editors explanation for why they put sh&theads face on the cover is total BS. Perhaps if some of their family members suffered as the victims in Boston, they would have had more sensitivity to the issue. Do we have free press? Yes. with that comes responsibility. RS crossed the line and have lost another reader. I have been back to Boston, visited the memorial and businesses on Boylston street. The city has moved on and will continue to be an important, vibrant, historic city in the US and the world.
Boston Strong!

Generally speaking I think it is important try to explain the internal psychological logic between the terrorist attacks (how sick that logic may be...), there is always some kind of logic behind human behavior, so it's important try to understand (psychologically) that logic, of course not to approve of it morally, that's a whole another thing. I haven't read the whole story of the magazine, but if the magazine tries to analyze the psychology behind those attacks, there is nothing wrong about it. Of course I judge that kind of attacks but the mere judging doesn't get us any further with explaining the terrorism or crimes. There are also different choices someone can make, so I don't mean by the logic that he "had to do" those attacks, but why did he choose to make those attacks? (Or someone shooting others in the schools?) Was there some serious mental health issues, was he somehow brainwashed? I don't know. Maybe someone who has actually read the whole article in the magazine can elaborate on this?

I understand this is a very sensitive issue and all my sympathies are on the victims' and their families' side.

Good post rolling on...understanding the 'logic' behind this sort of attack is critical in helping to prevent future attacks. Just because you're doing an analysis doesn't mean there is any sort of approval...you're just trying to understand the motivation.

If this is your enemy, it's good to know why they feel they are justified in attacking you.

Date: July 18, 2013 19:22

71Tele
Sigh...Once again, putting someone on the cover of a magazine that covers news or current events is not moral approval, it's news. How dare the History Channel show those images of @#$%&'s speeches?

Does the History Channel use @#$%& as their call-sign logo?

News or current events... for something that happened 3 months ago I don't consider that either. It's cheap, desperate, and blase attitudes about it seems to be a lot to do with what's wrong with your country today.

It's horrible taste and a slap in the face to the victims; the people whose family members were murdered, survivors who are now maimed and crippled by this cowardice, religious piece of $#!t now know get to see a cover of a music magazine throw him on the front like a f#$%ing celebrity.

And you think that's okay because it's, oooh, it's sexy and controversial, and like, people just goota like, chill out man.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:22

Max'sKansasCity
It is easy to understand why some people here, who have consistantly expressed their hatred for America, want to make fun of this story, it is what they do, and they are best ignored. They are trolling for reaction/comments.
Newsflash: not everyone loves your country. Your country is not perfect. They make mistakes. Deal with it. Just because they express an opinion different than yours does not make them trolls. It's called having a healthy debate. Oh, and you calling someone a troll is trolling, as well. YOU want to get a rise out of THEM by calling them a troll. Nice work. This thread will close anyway, no point in having this discussion.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:26

Max'sKansasCity, wrote: "It is easy to understand why some people here, who have consistantly expressed their hatred for America, want to make fun of this story".

I don't see anyone "making fun" of this story. I just see here people having different opinions, about the thread "cover of the RS magazine". Do you call "American- hater" anyone who has different opinion from yours on that? Even he is an... American?

Do you think every criticism against the policy of US goverment(s) conceals "deadly hatred" for american people or for american culture or everything american could someone think?? Beepee 2 mentioned some facts. But you answered aphorestically. And, think, Beepee 2 don't even asked you "where exactly are Iraq's mass distruction weapons"...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 19:32

at the risk of bringing this back to the band whose works this forum considers:

"i shouted out who killed the kennedys // when after all it was you and me"

evil wears many faces, it comes in a variety of forms ... but it is human, and the more we can do to understand its nature, the better we'll be able to deal with its consequences.

i don't think this cover or the accompanying article are especially profound, but i also don't quarrel with the thesis that this was an all-american kid gone bad ... why? what made him this way? those are valid questions to ask.

when we adopt a knee-jerk reaction and turn away, we don't understand, we don't consider. as americans, we sometimes wonder why people in other countries hate us. and then, if we look deeper, we can begin to see the generation of terrorists we are creating by the drones we're now flying all over the world.

who's to blame? which came first? can't understand w/o considering all sides ...

Date: July 18, 2013 19:41

beepee2
jamesfdouglas

with a sympathetic tagline.

You mean calling him a "Monster" on a cover of a magazine ? grinning smiley

When you take one word out of the quote like that, then no, it's not sympathetic.
When you read the entire tagline "How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster", it does generate sympathy.

But I believe you know this, and are deliberately being an antagonizing twat.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 18, 2013 20:01

What are you talking about ...?

Most of you are crying
"Woo, who, who (whoo whoo)
Woo, who, who (whoo whoo)
Woo, who, who (whoo whoo)" on so many Rolling Stones Concert,
will you be banned now,
... and will you ban The Rolling Stones, as some hypocritical preachers really demand, since 50 years, nearly ...

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

Recorded: June 5 & 6, 8 - 10, 1968. Released on Beggars Banquet in '68.
Lead Vocal: Mick Jagger Bass: Keith Richards Electric Guitar: Keith Richards Maracas, other Percussion: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Congas: Rocky Dijon Piano: Nicky Hopkins "Whoo Whoo" Vocals: Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Bill Wyman, Marianne Faithfull, Anita Pallenberg & Jimmy Miller

Sympathy For The Devil
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Yo!..... Yo!...... Yo!

Woo Good!....

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around at St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a-time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, ah yeah

(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens (whoo whoo)
Fought for ten decades (whoo whoo)
For the gods they made (whoo whoo)

I shouted out, (whoo whoo)
"Who killed the Kennedys?" (whoo whoo)
When after all (whoo whoo)
It was you and me (whoo whoo)

Let me please introduce myself (whoo whoo)
I'm a man of wealth and taste (whoo whoo)
And I laid traps for troubadours (whoo whoo)
Who get killed before they reached Bombay (whoo whoo, whoo whoo)

Pleased to meet you (whoo whoo)
Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) oh yeah (whoo whoo)
But what's puzzling you (whoo whoo)
Is the nature of my game(whoo whoo), oh yeah, get down, baby (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo) ..........

But what's confusing you (whoo whoo)
Is just the nature of my game (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo whoo)

Just as every cop is a criminal (whoo whoo)
And all the sinners saints (whoo whoo)
As heads is tails (whoo whoo)
Just call me Lucifer (whoo whoo)
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint (whoo whoo)

So if you meet me (whoo whoo)
Have some courtesy (whoo whoo)
Have some sympathy, (whoo whoo) and some taste (whoo whoo)
Use all your well-learned politesse (whoo whoo)
Or I'll lay your(whoo whoo) soul to waste,(whoo whoo), um yeah (whoo whoo)

Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo, whoo)
Is the nature of my game, (whoo whoo) um mean it, (whoo whoo) get down
(whoo whoo) (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo) (whoo whoo)

Woo, who (whoo whoo)
Oh yeah, get on down (whoo whoo)
Oh yeah (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)........

Oh yeah! (whoo, whoo)
Tell me baby,(whoo whoo) what's my name(whoo whoo)
Tell me honey,(whoo whoo) can ya guess my name (whoo whoo)
Tell me baby, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)
I tell you one time, (whoo whoo) you're to blame (whoo whoo)

Woo Who (whoo whoo)
Woo Who (whoo whoo)
Woo (whoo whoo) alright (whoo whoo)

Oh, who who, oh, who who, (whoo whoo) oh, who who
Oh Yeah (whoo whoo)
Woo, who who (whoo whoo) Woo, who who (whoo whoo)
Ah yeah, a-what's my name (whoo whoo)

Tell me, baby, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)
Tell me, sweetie, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)

Oh, who, who (whoo whoo)
Ah, yeah!
Whoo whoo
Woo Who Who
Whoo whoo

[www.keno.org]

A little shattered and confused about this bigoted crying on IORR ... confused smiley

HighwireC

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2013 20:09

RS magazine is simply showing itself as a sensationalistic gossip rag printing crap to sell product, they dont care if innocent civilians were maimed or killed, they want to selll their product. It is sleaze.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:10

Max'sKansasCity
RS magazine is simply showing itself as a sensationalistic gossip rag printing crap to sell product, they dont care if innocent civilians were maimed or killed, they want to selll their product. It is sleaze.

The Rolling Stones want to sell, too ...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 18, 2013 20:20

Max'sKansasCity
That is the media in general.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:24

News Flash from [weeklyworldnews.com]

FLYING COWS
In Brazil, there have been numerous sightings of flying cows!

Hundreds of flying cows have been spotted in Brazil. They have pretty much kept in the sky, but several of the cows have crashed to the earth. Giberto Joao Souza, e5, had been in bed with his wife Lenina when the animal fell through the ceiling of their home in Caratinga, southeast Brazil.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:25

And I would have thought pigs would fly first... dang.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:29

Max'sKansasCity
And I would have thought pigs would fly first... dang.

That was suggested by a Pink Floyd gag (to force selling ...) , it's not reality ...

Date: July 18, 2013 20:39

I saw a pig getting ready to fly last week, he had to turn off mobile device.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 18, 2013 20:44

Im sure people reacted badly to images of Keith on the cover in the past. Times move on and whilst I personally don't agree with this, I can understand why they have done it and why we react to it. Shock sells newspapers and magazines. Remember punk, the sex pistols etc, people were outraged, if that happened now we would just laugh. Its all relative.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:46

crumbling_mice
Im sure people reacted badly to images of Keith on the cover in the past. Times move on and whilst I personally don't agree with this, I can understand why they have done it and why we react to it. Shock sells newspapers and magazines. Remember punk, the sex pistols etc, people were outraged, if that happened now we would just laugh. Its all relative.

Why would people react badly to good ole keef?
He didnt maim and kill innocent people.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:51

Max'sKansasCity

Truth is stranger than fiction.

TOO MUCH BLOOD

Recorded October & November 1982. Dance version recorded in July & August, 1984. Released on the album Undercover on November 7, 1983. Dance version released as a B side twelve inch single in December, 1984.
Vocals: Mick Jagger Electric Guitars: Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Jim Barber Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Horns: CHOPS Percussion: Sly Dunbar

TOO MUCH BLOOD
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

I want to dance, I want to sing
I want to bust up everything
To make some love
And make some love

I can feel it in the air
Feel it up above
Feel the tension everywhere
There is too much blood
Too much blood, well alright

Everything you see
On the movie screen is tame
Everything's gonna be arranged

A friend of mine was this Japanese. He had a girlfriend in
Paris. He tried to date her in six months and eventually she
said yes. You know he took her to his apartment, cut off her
head. Put the rest of her body in the refrigerator, ate her
piece by piece. Put her in the refrigerator, put her in the
freezer. And when he ate her and took her bones to the Bois de
Boulogne, by chance a taxi driver noticed him burying the
bones. You don't believe me? Truth is stranger than fiction.
We drive through there every day.

Be number one, yeah
And have some fun

I can feel it everywhere
Feel it up above
Feel the tension in the air
There is too much blood, too much blood
Too much, yeah too much blood, alright

Did you ever see 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'? Horrible, wasn't
it? You know people ask me: it is really true where you live
in Texas, it is really true what they do around there, people?
I say, "yeah everytime I drive through the crossroads I get
scared there's a bloke running around with a @#$%& chain
saw. Oh oh no, gonna, oh no. Don't saw off me leg, don't saw
off me arm." When I get to the movies, you know I'd like to
see something more romantic, you know. Like 'An Officer and a
Gentleman' or something. Something you can take the wife to,
you know what I mean?

Yeah!

And have some fun
And make some love

I can feel it everywhere
Feel it up above
Oh yeah

Pretty ladies, don't be scared

Pretty ladies, don't despair
There's still so much love
Too much, too much, yeah
Too much blood, too much blood
Too much too much blood, too much blood
Too much blood, too much blood............

But are The Rolling Stones glorifying cannibalism here, only to make some money ... ?

So let's damn them ...

Date: July 18, 2013 20:52

These pretzels are making me thirsty... aw dang... wrong thread.... sorry (not really)

Date: July 18, 2013 20:53

HighwireC
Max'sKansasCity

Truth is stranger than fiction.

TOO MUCH BLOOD

Recorded October & November 1982. Dance version recorded in July & August, 1984. Released on the album Undercover on November 7, 1983. Dance version released as a B side twelve inch single in December, 1984.
Vocals: Mick Jagger Electric Guitars: Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Jim Barber Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Horns: CHOPS Percussion: Sly Dunbar

TOO MUCH BLOOD
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

To make some love
And make some love

I can feel it in the air
Feel it up above
Feel the tension everywhere
There is too much blood
Too much blood, well alright

Everything you see
On the movie screen is tame
Everything's gonna be arranged

A friend of mine was this Japanese. He had a girlfriend in
Paris. He tried to date her in six months and eventually she
said yes. You know he took her to his apartment, cut off her
head. Put the rest of her body in the refrigerator, ate her
piece by piece. Put her in the refrigerator, put her in the
freezer. And when he ate her and took her bones to the Bois de
Boulogne, by chance a taxi driver noticed him burying the
bones. You don't believe me? Truth is stranger than fiction.
We drive through there every day.

Be number one, yeah
And have some fun

I can feel it everywhere
Feel it up above
Too much, yeah too much blood, alright

Did you ever see 'Texas Chain Saw Massacre'? Horrible, wasn't
it? You know people ask me: it is really true where you live
in Texas, it is really true what they do around there, people?
I say, "yeah everytime I drive through the crossroads I get
scared there's a bloke running around with a @#$%& chain
saw. Oh oh no, gonna, oh no. Don't saw off me leg, don't saw
off me arm." When I get to the movies, you know I'd like to
see something more romantic, you know. Like 'An Officer and a
Gentleman' or something. Something you can take the wife to,
you know what I mean?

Yeah!

And have some fun
And make some love

I can feel it everywhere
Feel it up above
Oh yeah

There's still so much love
Too much, too much, yeah
Too much blood, too much blood
Too much too much blood, too much blood
Too much blood, too much blood............

But are The Rolling Stones glorifying cannibalism here, only to make some money ... ?

So let's damn them ...

I see Mick as joking here...is that what the cover of Rolling Stone is now, a joke?

Well, I guess at least that's true.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:55

HighwireC
What are you talking about ...?

Most of you are crying
"Woo, who, who (whoo whoo)
Woo, who, who (whoo whoo)" on so many Rolling Stones Concert,
will you be banned now,
... and will you ban The Rolling Stones, as some hypocritical preachers really demand, since 50 years, nearly ...

SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL

Recorded: June 5 & 6, 8 - 10, 1968. Released on Beggars Banquet in '68.
Lead Vocal: Mick Jagger Bass: Keith Richards Electric Guitar: Keith Richards Maracas, other Percussion: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Congas: Rocky Dijon Piano: Nicky Hopkins "Whoo Whoo" Vocals: Keith Richards, Brian Jones, Bill Wyman, Marianne Faithfull, Anita Pallenberg & Jimmy Miller

Sympathy For The Devil
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Yo!..... Yo!...... Yo!

Woo Good!....

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around at St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a-time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, ah yeah

(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
I watched with glee
While your kings and queens (whoo whoo)
Fought for ten decades (whoo whoo)
For the gods they made (whoo whoo)

I shouted out, (whoo whoo)
"Who killed the Kennedys?" (whoo whoo)
When after all (whoo whoo)
It was you and me (whoo whoo)

Let me please introduce myself (whoo whoo)
I'm a man of wealth and taste (whoo whoo)
And I laid traps for troubadours (whoo whoo)
Who get killed before they reached Bombay (whoo whoo, whoo whoo)

Is the nature of my game(whoo whoo), oh yeah, get down, baby (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo) ..........

But what's confusing you (whoo whoo)
Is just the nature of my game (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo whoo)

Just as every cop is a criminal (whoo whoo)
And all the sinners saints (whoo whoo)
As heads is tails (whoo whoo)
Just call me Lucifer (whoo whoo)
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint (whoo whoo)

So if you meet me (whoo whoo)
Have some courtesy (whoo whoo)
Have some sympathy, (whoo whoo) and some taste (whoo whoo)
Use all your well-learned politesse (whoo whoo)
Or I'll lay your(whoo whoo) soul to waste,(whoo whoo), um yeah (whoo whoo)

Hope you guessed my name, (whoo whoo) um yeah (whoo, whoo)
Is the nature of my game, (whoo whoo) um mean it, (whoo whoo) get down
(whoo whoo) (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo) (whoo whoo)

Woo, who (whoo whoo)
Oh yeah, get on down (whoo whoo)
Oh yeah (whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)
(whoo whoo, whoo whoo)........

Oh yeah! (whoo, whoo)
Tell me baby,(whoo whoo) what's my name(whoo whoo)
Tell me honey,(whoo whoo) can ya guess my name (whoo whoo)
Tell me baby, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)
I tell you one time, (whoo whoo) you're to blame (whoo whoo)

Woo Who (whoo whoo)
Woo Who (whoo whoo)
Woo (whoo whoo) alright (whoo whoo)

Oh, who who, oh, who who, (whoo whoo) oh, who who
Oh Yeah (whoo whoo)
Woo, who who (whoo whoo) Woo, who who (whoo whoo)
Ah yeah, a-what's my name (whoo whoo)

Tell me, baby, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)
Tell me, sweetie, (whoo whoo) what's my name (whoo whoo)

Oh, who, who (whoo whoo)
Ah, yeah!
Whoo whoo
Woo Who Who
Whoo whoo

[www.keno.org]

A little shattered and confused about this bigoted crying on IORR ... confused smiley

HighwireC

A sign of desperation to try and win your argument by broadening the topic.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home