Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck berry and Keith
Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: April 9, 2005 16:57

Does anyone know why keith and chuck berry fell out?

Re: Chuck berry and Keith
Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 9, 2005 18:32

They never fell out.

Wolfgang

Posted by: SixtiesDave ()
Date: April 9, 2005 19:32

Considering the way Chuck has treated poor old Keef over the years it wouldn't be suprising if they had fallen out, but it would be interesting to know what their relationship is like these days.

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 10, 2005 09:11

Chuck Berry live on stage in Tours, France, January 2005:
'You know, the young guys play the guitar THAT loud. Like Keith Richards... Yeah, man! Smoke that cigarette, man! Good boy! Yeah! Good boy!'

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2005 09:21

Fell out!!... Well maybe the chick was boring in the sack.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: elmolewis ()
Date: April 10, 2005 09:37

Keith expalins the "falling out" scenario in the Chuck Berry documentary "Hail, Hail Rock & Roll." Definitely worth a watching. You really get a sense from Keith and some of the other musicians that CB can be a PIA to work and record with. All in all however Keith makes it clear that he still thinks CB's the greatest.

So who was really playing that lead guitar on "Down The Road Apiece" in 1965?

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 11, 2005 06:09

What about Keith and Elton John?

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 11, 2005 07:59

I felt for a long time that Keith was the direct decendent/off-spring of Chuck's vision of rock 'n' roll. I'm not talking guitar licks, I'm talking spirit. Like that the truest rock 'n' roll to me went straight from Chuck to Keith, and, knowone since has picked up the ball. Sad but true?

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: April 11, 2005 08:34

If CB and KR had a falling out during "Hail Hail Rock n Roll" you can be cartain that Keith would not have been calling the shots onstage......which he was. Keith's role was to lead the band during the show.

By all accounts CB has been a bitter guy for a long time due to royalties and the way black musicians were treated and then ripped off (see how Elvis's black contemporaries felt about him) their music. Most guys like CB didn't like the British kids ripping them off either until they realized that they were not ripping them off, but emulating them.

If you take into account the two people we are discussing here, if there was an actual falling out I could easily see it happening. CB & KR are pig-headed and stubborn.

Milo, NYC
But I like it, yes I do

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 11, 2005 09:21

Embarrasing but true I havent seen the "Hail!Hail! Rock'n' Roll"-movie, but after reading quite a lot about it I believe it was after this sessions Keith Richards became a grown-up... At 43-44 years of age? Yes; some people gets even older before that happen, and yet others never become adult.
I´d like to make a longer post on this, but my time aint enough (working).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home