Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

beatles covers for the tour ?
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 9, 2005 00:57

I don't like beatles very much, but I LOVE "come together" a stone song to my mind. I do like all Harrison's solo albums and some Lennon solo work except "imagine". ok for "jealous guy".

Re: beatles covers for the tour ?
Posted by: davido ()
Date: April 9, 2005 01:18

I like Beatles but would seem
a very unlikely Stones choice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2005 01:41

Charlie could sing Yellow Submarine...!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mark ()
Date: April 9, 2005 01:45

You know The Who brought the house down on a third encore doing Twist and Shout in a stadium...it was great.

If you chose carefully it just might work. Problem is you need a guitar piece....maybe Paperback Writer.

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: April 9, 2005 02:21

Rockman, excellent! It could be "yellow airship" charlie love that. But "come together" with the voices of keith and mick could be really good. the only beatles song which swings.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 9, 2005 03:35

Yellow Submarine! I love it!!!

Date: April 9, 2005 05:37

"The End"

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 9, 2005 06:26

"Twist and Shout" strictly speaking is not a Beatles song as it was first done by the Isley Brothers (I think) but the Stones have already recorded a Lennon/McCartney song. "I Wanna Be Your Man" so why not that one?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 9, 2005 08:33

The Who played Twist and Shout for their final song on their 1982 "farewell" tour in Toronto. Not sure if they played it before/after that. I believe John Entwistle sang.
If you want to hear a real rocking version of Come Together, listen to Aerosmith's version on their Greatest Hits CD.

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: April 9, 2005 09:01

Get Back would be nice, I´d say

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 9, 2005 10:03

She Loves You perhaps?
Singing Beatles songs seems entirely inappropriate to me apart from maybe the Stones second single I Wanna Be Your Man.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 9, 2005 12:19

No way, the Hey Jude bit at the end of Sympathy for the devil in Baltimore 1969 was allready too much for me............

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 9, 2005 13:49

I Wanna Be Your Man was the Stones second single and a top 20 hit. I'd presume that MOST Stones fans over a certain age will know it, so I see know reason why they couldn't dig it out for a theatre show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home