Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Indicators for the Stones or their people reading this forum?
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 16, 2013 14:38

spsimmons
We suggested that the Stones soar past the Beatles with one of these 50 and counting dates and they did just that at Glatsonbury! Eclipsing Altamont in the process!
"we"??? Who are you talking about. You and another mental patient are the only people who say such things.

What the @#$%& do you mean by eclipsing Altamont. Altamont was the worst disaster of their career as well as a musical mess, for obvious reasons. makes as much sense as what you said about soaring past the beatles because they did a good show at Glastonbury. Are you on drugs?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 16, 2013 15:08

I posted a thread showing an article where Mick said he read the boards following shows to get feedback. What further proof do you need?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 16, 2013 17:11

There is more than one message board dedicated to The Stones. Let's not pretend that we are the only one and that we are special. Besides, there are more people talking about The Stones on facebook and twitter than here.

Date: July 16, 2013 17:35

Bliss
I posted a thread showing an article where Mick said he read the boards following shows to get feedback. What further proof do you need?

proof of what? That Mick Jagger is honest and forthcoming in interviews? Or that he is good at publicity and knows what to say. If i were Mick jagger, would I spend my time reading what you and I are writing on a message board? I don't think so, but i know a lot of people like to think otherwise.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 16, 2013 22:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-16 22:17 by Bliss.

Date: July 16, 2013 22:09

you really believe this? That after a gig jagger goes on the internet to see fan reaction on message board. You really believe this? OK.

Oh, that's right it was in a tabloid.

Outside of being obviously absurd, if he did go on the net to see fans reactions to th setlist he would see the exact opposite of what this story sys. He would see that the rarer the song, the more positive reception on fan sites. That last line from the Daily mail is obviously completely wrong -- he would see the exact opposite.

Come on.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2013 22:56

The last thing in the world Sir Michael would read is a Rolling Stones fan board. He's quite busy with social media though. So when he refers to the internet I'm quite sure he means Facebook, Twitter and such.

Date: July 16, 2013 23:32

Stoneage
The last thing in the world Sir Michael would read is a Rolling Stones fan board. He's quite busy with social media though. So when he refers to the internet I'm quite sure he means Facebook, Twitter and such.
sure, but that's his people there, not really him.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 17, 2013 00:06

Rokyfan
spsimmons
We suggested that the Stones soar past the Beatles with one of these 50 and counting dates and they did just that at Glatsonbury! Eclipsing Altamont in the process!
"we"??? Who are you talking about. You and another mental patient are the only people who say such things.

What the @#$%& do you mean by eclipsing Altamont. Altamont was the worst disaster of their career as well as a musical mess, for obvious reasons. makes as much sense as what you said about soaring past the beatles because they did a good show at Glastonbury. Are you on drugs?

Pretty sure spsimmons was joking/mocking our little buddy JJoL

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:44

I don't doubt at all that some of the Stones sometimes read this board. Afterall there are no special "celebrity only websites" that I know of so what else are they going to do on their computers on their own time?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:01

StrawberriesBlueberries
Some fresh fruit on a hot summers day. smiling smiley I'm only missing a room service to get it right now.

Strawberries AND Blueberries winking smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:08

Rokyfan, man, I think you might want to light up some bud or crack open your favorite beverage
or do some ujjayi breathing, have a sit-down in the night air and decompress - sounds like you're
on the verge! grinning smiley

-swiss

Date: July 18, 2013 06:45

swiss
Rokyfan, man, I think you might want to light up some bud or crack open your favorite beverage
or do some ujjayi breathing, have a sit-down in the night air and decompress - sounds like you're

-swiss
nah, I enjoy this stuff, also enjoy the bud, etc.

where does this come from, this idea that altamont was some kind of legendary show (for musical reasons). It's just crazy to read that. Altamont (and I was alive, a Stones fan and aware of it when it happened) has NEVER been viewed as any sort of musical high point, never been looked at as anything other than a disaster. so to cite it like that is just a display of ignorance.

I enjoy agruing vehemently over things that mean absolutly nothing, like this, kind of as sport. But I do appreciate the concern. Keep an eye out for hog's breath, a current nice product, and most with purple in the name are killer. Cheers!

Date: July 18, 2013 07:03

Another piece of evidence for stones insiders on this board: the Jane rose thread being closed....

Date: July 18, 2013 07:14

sonomastone
Another piece of evidence for stones insiders on this board: the Jane rose thread being closed....

and the concurrent disappearance of JJOL. hmmm

(but people are making fun of jane Rose's room service ordering habits on another thread. seems ok so far)

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:08

Can't see how MJ wouldn't occasionally look on here. I understood that MJ was pretty computer friendly so I imagine his own curiosity (and ego!) might get the better of him from time to time. Possibly Ronnie too. I can't see KR being too bothered and as we know Charlie's just too cool...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:12

sonomastone

I stated earlier, the abrupt closing of seemingly innocuous threads DOES lend credence to this theory.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:19

I shouldnt watch "Burn Notice" and read this thread at the same time

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 18, 2013 16:25

Rokyfan
swiss

-swiss
nah, I enjoy this stuff, also enjoy the bud, etc.

where does this come from, this idea that altamont was some kind of legendary show (for musical reasons). It's just crazy to read that. Altamont (and I was alive, a Stones fan and aware of it when it happened) has NEVER been viewed as any sort of musical high point, never been looked at as anything other than a disaster. so to cite it like that is just a display of ignorance.

I enjoy agruing vehemently over things that mean absolutly nothing, like this, kind of as sport. But I do appreciate the concern. Keep an eye out for hog's breath, a current nice product, and most with purple in the name are killer. Cheers!

I disagree here. I don't know how was the critical reaction concerning the musical aspect at the time - since that's never been the thing about Altamont - but the boots tell me that they were hot that night. The version of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" is probably my favourite live version, and the riff has never sounded live better than it did then, and, for example, the premiere of "Brown Sugar" is a gem of its own, and they never played the song as much close to the original as they did then. Damn those riffs and chords sound wonderful.

Even though Altamont has its infamous problems, it was the last gig of the tour and the band was really tight unit by then. GIMME SHELTER doesn't give an accurate picture of the musical aspect.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 16:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2013 17:32

sonomastone
Rokyfan
spsimmons

Does Rokyfan seem a little high strung to anyone else?

Date: July 18, 2013 17:33

Max'sKansasCity
I shouldnt watch "Burn Notice" and read this thread at the same time

you love all things Canadiana Max.

Burn Notice...I don't even watch that!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2013 18:16

Mick must this board or has management do it for him. It's a great way to gauge or thoughts and what's interesting to fans. Plus the intro to 2000 LYFH at Glastonbury "we're not doing the whole of TSMR" that had to come from all the chatter here about doing the album live. Plus Sway being played and the return of Mick Taylor a couple more examples. No way this board is not being monitored.

Date: July 18, 2013 18:41

treaclefingers
sonomastone
Rokyfan
spsimmons

it's kind of an act, I mean how could I be high strung about stuff like this? Arguing can sometimes be kind of sport.

Although, I guess I did miss the sarcasm in spsimmons' post, mocking JJOL, which in retrospect should have been obvious, so my bad on that one.

Date: July 18, 2013 18:51

Rokyfan
treaclefingers
sonomastone
Rokyfan
spsimmons

it's kind of an act, I mean how could I be high strung about stuff like this? Arguing can sometimes be kind of sport.

Although, I guess I did miss the sarcasm in spsimmons' post, mocking JJOL, which in retrospect should have been obvious, so my bad on that one.

Then I missed your sarcasm so I'm as guilty as you....carry on!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 18, 2013 18:55

There is a lot of missed sarcasms on this board...

Date: July 18, 2013 19:01

Stoneage

I miss them

Date: July 18, 2013 19:10

Stoneage
That's true, but I hate when I fall victim to it, because it makes one feel dumb.

With posters like JJOL, I'm never quite convinced that the whole thing isn't a put on.

Also, maybe I'm wrong about Altamont. it's hard to imagine the players focusing on music once things went south, but the points about the band being in great form, end of the tour, etc. make sense.

Date: July 18, 2013 19:13

Rokyfan
Stoneage
That's true, but I hate when I fall victim to it, because it makes one feel dumb.

With posters like JJOL, I'm never quite convinced that the whole thing isn't a put on.

Also, maybe I'm wrong about Altamont. it's hard to imagine the players focusing on music once things went south, but the points about the band being in great form, end of the tour, etc. make sense.

Jjol is definitely joking

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 18, 2013 21:04

Stoneage
Too bad their wasn't an eye rolling emoticon or something............Oh wait.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 18, 2013 21:08

sonomastone
Rokyfan
Stoneage

Jjol is definitely joking
a multi-year long joke? I doubt it.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home