Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Da Coop - ya gotta love him
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 13, 2013 16:20

Class quote of the day from Alice -

"Rock 'n' roll is not about 'Happy happy happy, everything's okay. We're The Lumineers, let's clog dance.' Hey, there's a place for that. If I wanted to see a great clog dancing band, I'd see The Lumineers."

Using Mumford And Sons as an example, meanwhile, he went on to add: "Mumford And Sons are great at what they do. But it's not rock 'n' roll. Don't call it rock 'n' roll. It's an offence to rock 'n' roll."

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-13 16:25 by SonicDreamer.

Re: OT: Da Coop - ya gotta love him
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 13, 2013 17:11

Once again, as usual, Alice is right. I blame this damned current "hipster" trend for the irritating noise I hear on the radio nowadays. It almost makes me nostalgic for some Lady Gaga.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:09

SonicDreamer
Class quote of the day from Alice -

"Rock 'n' roll is not about 'Happy happy happy, everything's okay. We're The Lumineers, let's clog dance.' Hey, there's a place for that. If I wanted to see a great clog dancing band, I'd see The Lumineers."

Using Mumford And Sons as an example, meanwhile, he went on to add: "Mumford And Sons are great at what they do. But it's not rock 'n' roll. Don't call it rock 'n' roll. It's an offence to rock 'n' roll."

Cheers,
SonicD

I love Alice Cooper. I rate him up there with the great ones
The sooner this "ritalin rock" goes away the better we will be.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:20

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:25

LOL!!!! Its one thing to read the quote, it another to hear it
from the man himself, thank you very much latebloomer, YOU ROCK!!!

psssst... rock bands dont have lutes! smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:32

My pleasure, Max. smiling smiley

I'm not so sure I agree with Alice completely, after all our boys have done their share of acoustic folk rock. But I do get where he's coming from, especially given the kind of music he does.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 13, 2013 21:46

Yes, he's correct, except that I don't know if I've ever heard them called rock. Especially not rock and roll.

And as much as I love Alice and most of the things he says, he also spews out those quotes about loving Lady Gaga and Kesha so he's had his share of times of being wrong and sounding like an idiot as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home