Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: July 16, 2013 22:43

Ohh, is it?confused smiley (Of course i mean in the smokesmiling smiley)

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 17, 2013 01:37

sjs12
My impression was that the stones played better on gig #2 but I thought the audience and atmosphere at 1 was better. I didn't hear anyone talking during the set though.

This was exactly how it was for me. I'm so glad I got last-minute tickets for the 2nd show - it was fantastic! I had a great time at the 1st show but this was definitely better.

Regarding the audience, from comments on this thread it seems it depended where people were standing but my part of tier 3 wasn't really the best. Some were talking through the show, others were wandering past to and from the bar several times, and some just didn't seem that into it. The first show everyone around me was dancing, smiling, singing. I thought maybe the heat made people more lethargic hence less dancing (I've never coped well in hot humid weather, which is why I resigned myself to a place further back from the stage) but several near me on night 2 just looked bored. I decided not to let it bring me down and kept on dancing and smiling. The only real downer was when a couple of people were talking to each-other (and ignoring the song) during Ruby Tuesday. To stop it distracting me from the song, I had to sing along loudly!

Another highlight for me was Emotional Rescue. Surprisingly for me! I've never really been that bothered about this song and was initially disappointed to see it on the setlist for the US shows. But watching the Youtube videos and I started to really get into it, and I realised I was now very much looking forward to hearing it. Then it wasn't played at Glastonbury or Hyde Park#1 so I thought it might have been dropped. Then it was played!

Btw, I just want to thank everyone who's posted such great photos.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 17, 2013 01:43

Just got home after 5 days of wonderful London. The Stones last saturday were the highlight of course. Looking forward to the next show.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 17, 2013 01:56

Yeah, they'll be back, too much energy oozing out of that guy ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: July 17, 2013 02:05

kleermaker
p0werJ
kleermaker
There will be a Hyde Park dvd for sure. But I won't buy it.

Why? I will buy it immediately!

Not interesting enough. I would like to have LA 2.
I'll second that!

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 14:00

Anyone know if there's any others sites that sell the t shirts that were at the show?
I want the Grrr one with the HP dates on the back, it's not for sale on the official store.

Date: July 17, 2013 14:04

brownsugar86
Anyone know if there's any others sites that sell the t shirts that were at the show?
I want the Grrr one with the HP dates on the back, it's not for sale on the official store.

Check this site out - [www.shopbravado.com]

Date: July 17, 2013 14:08

Manofwealthandtaste
brownsugar86

Thanks but that's the official one I meant that doesn't have the one I want.

Date: July 17, 2013 14:14

brownsugar86
Manofwealthandtaste
brownsugar86

Thanks but that's the official one I meant that doesn't have the one I want.

ah, ok - strange they don't carry all the designs that were there on the day....

Date: July 17, 2013 14:44

Yeah I thought the same too. I would of bought one at the show but I saw the 10 deep queue & thought F that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 14:46 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 17, 2013 21:35

brownsugar86
Yeah I thought the same too. I would of bought one at the show but I saw the 10 deep queue & thought F that!
yeah but you are suppose to go to the front on the left or right side and squeeze in like i did in philly .then this lady with her little kid (maybe 10 years old )says to me the line forms in the back so then i tell the vendor give me two # 24 in XL and he says to me when i am done with the lady next to you who was clothe shopping trying to find the right size for the kid ,wasting all kinds of time (just like somebody said to me like they are xmas shopping )morons 20,000 people all around you mobbing you and you dont know your size .so the lady finally figuers out what she wants and pays then the vendor got me my shirts and i paid and was out of there in two seconds .

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 17, 2013 22:53

With 4 people in front of me it took 45 minutes to get on the railing, then it took another 5 or 10 minutes. The guy next to me asked me to get a shirt for him once I got the lady's attention. Took about 2 minutes after that because she had to search for the inner cushions for the pin set. Besides the casual shopping I thought the big problem was the credit card machines. Not a lot of people using cash I suppose at concerts in the UK. Anyhow, I never attempted buying food or drink, that looked even worse.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 18, 2013 01:43

I saw the pictures of the shirts that had been posted on here earlier in the day and attempted to buy them when I finally got to the front of the line, only to be told they didn't exist--I kept saying "yes, like that, only white!!" I gave up in the end and got black ones--I could buy the white ones online, but it's become a question of "how many shirts from this tour do I actually need?" confused smiley

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:16

Now that the gigs hangover starting to fade I find myself hitting some funny/strange conclusions, as well as burning to my memory some cherished memories:

1. Spent some time searching though the various Youtube clips – I thought I had an awful position (far end of the stage – able to actually see MJ and an occasional KR and RW when they visited the corner or the cat walk) but seeing some clips taken from tier 1 I must say… THAT WAS ONE HELL OF A SHITTY DESIGN FOR A STAGE. Whats with those f**king trees?
2. Tumbling Dice was great live this time – somehow didn’t appreciate it in real time
3. In terms of atmosphere and crowd reaction my inferior position was actually great! I also did not witness any bad vibes/behaviors by anyone (except for some rough looking Englishmen in his late 50s who talked to his (miserable) wife as if she was nothing all through the show. SMU was a bomb from where I stood as the yelling and fireworks at the beginning created a great moment – missing from the clips I saw taken from better positions.
4. Who the hell was that mysterious nerdy looking young man wearing the jacket – infiltrating repeatedly to the front of the stage? Others mentioned him too – I saw him being carried away 3-4 times at least with that "I don’t belong here" face…
5. Spending that "cool off" 2 hours in central London after the show was something for itself… someone at the tube doing the "wo-woo; wo-woo" with dozens of other joying him… moments not to be forgotten.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 12:17 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:20

Ok just trawled through the 17 pages or so.

After attending the first show and not able to make it for the 2nd i get the impression that musically/sound wise it was a better show, but the atmosphere was better for the first show.

As stated before i was disapointed with the sound and where we were standing the sound did not seem to be coming across as loud, i realise after watching the video clips that i should have made the effort to get more central for the visual and sound effects, iw as intending to stop more towards the back of the crowd and perhaps that would have been even a better bet compared to where i was standing.

Was the beer tents and food stalls better than the first show,Hyde park was really badly organised for these outlets imho.

Managed to grab a t-shirt outside the venue and not too bad for a tenner.smiling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 17:26

If you think arriving at 6am for the gig is hard... this guy's there since last week:

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: July 19, 2013 03:46

johnnythunders
I think the Stones know that punks like them - "No Elvis Beatles or Rolling Stones" was very obviously Bernie Rhodes nonsense when Mick Jones was clearly a total fan of Keith Richards and Strummer, Matlock, Thunders etc were all big Stones fans. The Only Ones guitarist John Perry has written the best book on Exiles..

John Perry plays in tune and has a very melodic style. Therefore he can't be a punk.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 19, 2013 10:23

I loved the show and the crowd too actually. Didn't notice any unfriendlyness but then again I was a bit backwards into T3. Quite relaxed.

At the final bows the fact that the end of the show also marked the end of my summer holidays, and somewhat the end of a lifestyle (I'll be a father next November and will have to reset priorities), even managed to bring a tear to my eye.

I think musically it was done very well, very tight, even Keith' Sympathy made sense.

Only setlistwise there was absolutely nothing going on. I was amazed that I witnessed the most warhorse driven set they ever did. Had Doom and Gloom and You Got The Silver be replaced by Angie and Wild Horses, the only two lesser known songs would have been gone and it would have been warhorse-only. But then again, luckily enough, everyone young and old around me knew all of these warhorses and managed tot sing along even to songs like Gimme Shelter, Tumbling Dice and Ruby Tuesday. Often they only sing along to Satisfaction.

Great day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 10:25 by Limbostone.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 19, 2013 10:35

Congratulations Limbostone !

Children are a great adventure, you'll see

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 19, 2013 10:57

Thank you, Doc!

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: July 19, 2013 14:33

What a magic evening it was last Saturday in Hyde Park. Brought my two youngsters to see them for the first time and they were just spelled. My son, 13 who is a drummer, almost got hand of Charlie's drum stick which landed by his feet and he got a little let down by that as he thought it was meant for him. Stayed a couple of xtra days in London and while lining up to board the plane to Oslo, I noticed a distinguished looking grey haired man in his early sixties standing behind me with his wife whistling on Miss You (!) which of course got us into a nice little chat about the concert.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 19, 2013 14:54

Limbostone
I loved the show and the crowd too actually. Didn't notice any unfriendlyness but then again I was a bit backwards into T3. Quite relaxed.

At the final bows the fact that the end of the show also marked the end of my summer holidays, and somewhat the end of a lifestyle (I'll be a father next November and will have to reset priorities), even managed to bring a tear to my eye.

I think musically it was done very well, very tight, even Keith' Sympathy made sense.

Only setlistwise there was absolutely nothing going on. I was amazed that I witnessed the most warhorse driven set they ever did. Had Doom and Gloom and You Got The Silver be replaced by Angie and Wild Horses, the only two lesser known songs would have been gone and it would have been warhorse-only. But then again, luckily enough, everyone young and old around me knew all of these warhorses and managed tot sing along even to songs like Gimme Shelter, Tumbling Dice and Ruby Tuesday. Often they only sing along to Satisfaction.

Great day.

I attended my first The Who concerts (2000, MSG) when I was about to become father in the first time. After the first show (to which I bought tickets well ahead) I was thinking "soon it will be over so lets make an effort and see the other 3 shows this week". Since than I saw them some 5 times... for the last time it was in Dublin early last June. I was there with my 2nd kid... I have 4. For the RS at HP I was with 2 kids... my youngest daughter is 3 but sings the RS songs with me all the time. Am thinking now of how to save the $$$ for a RS arena concert, if it it happen, with her... how can I give away the chance to hear her sing "itjust a salleway itjust a salleway"? winking smiley

It Could Be You
Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:48

My Photos from Hyde Park

Re: It Could Be You
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:51

Great photos

Date: July 19, 2013 15:53

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:55

What the hell man.

Date: July 19, 2013 15:59

Date: July 19, 2013 16:00

Kind of dodgy...do you know them?

Date: July 19, 2013 16:15

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 19, 2013 16:54

I love your photos

especially this one:

the woman on the left has a great hand bag? it seems to be designed like a bass..

this photo is interesting in several ways.

great photo essay of the crowd

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1370
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home