Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 14, 2013 03:58

It was fantastic. Altough i complain about set list often it didn't really matter tonight. Iorr was superb, JJf too. Great Ruby Tuseday and Street Fighting Man (hope for Rocks Off). I think Mick is absolutely best frontman ever. He's like 30 not 70, great performer and singer. Keith was great, focused on playing but i miss some of his crazy moves. God thanks for Ronnie. He was fantastic, every solo awsome. I was 15 m behind the barrier, left side, great view. Spend 7 hours on the pitch (was really hot) to see Stones, no regrets.
Did you see tears in Keith's eyes after final bow ? He didn't want to leave the stage. This is his place to be. I don't know if it was the last show, i don't think so. Anyway one day they'll be gone and i'm gonna miss them so much.
Yesterday was my 30th birthday and Stones first gig 51th anniversary. My best birthday ever.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:01

^ Thrak, King Crimson fan?

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:01

...and, of course, Charlie spoke!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:03

His Majesty

sure thing smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:05

thrak
His Majesty

sure thing smiling smiley

Best band in the universe!

thumbs up

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:08

Judging from the Youtube clips I've seen from last week I think todays gig was better.

It was awfully hot so I decided I should catch a place on the "Ronnie" far end of the stage. You cant see much from there unless Jagger/Keith walk to either of the stage corners (which Jagger did alot)+ the cat walk. Looks as if the organizers predicted alot of "casualties" and the green shirt volunteers kept on bringing water to people (thumbs up!). Still there was a steady flow of people evacuated in various conditions from the front of the stage area (+several who were taken by security including one young skinny guy, wearing a jacket, who managed to infiltrate to the stage area 3 times and was taken out each time...).

Great sound - perfect balance. Crowd around me were great - certainly most not the avid fans (as they didnt push further) but were great by all means and surely gave Jagger the feedback when he appeared on "our" end of the stage (+a massive cheer for Charlie).

I think last weeks GS ( a song I personally like) was better. This weeks JJF, Satisfaction, SFTD and YCAGWYW were better.

My older son managed to get to the front of the stage and had a once in a lifetime experience + managed to get one of the printed setlists.

And again... Jagger was god. Ronnie wood was great too. Did some great work.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:10

Green Lady

Did anyone else think something appeared to be wrong with Ronnie's guitar in TD? He went to do a solo bit high up on the neck and a discordant screech came out - lower notes seemed better, but he was having trouble.

Yeah, it was as if the b-bender thingy wasn't working properly though he went back to the high notes at the end of the solo and it seemed ok.

Another strange bit was Keith starting Tumbling Dice while Mick was still talking, think Mick missed half the first line.

Posted by: s083874 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:44

still ill
Green Lady

Did anyone else think something appeared to be wrong with Ronnie's guitar in TD? He went to do a solo bit high up on the neck and a discordant screech came out - lower notes seemed better, but he was having trouble.

Yeah, it was as if the b-bender thingy wasn't working properly though he went back to the high notes at the end of the solo and it seemed ok.

Another strange bit was Keith starting Tumbling Dice while Mick was still talking, think Mick missed half the first line.

I fell out of a coconut tree once. I was never the same. Of course..I did all those things keith did too in the 70s. Explains alot.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:45

stonehearted
BowieStone
frtg55
BowieStone
I believe Keith must have really liked his SMU intro last week, as he did it again tonight.

Is that really true?

Yep.

Could be a ploy by Keith to get The Stones back into the studio, because the more he messes up, the more studio overdubs that will need to be done for the CD/DVD.
you're not serious when you say something like that, are you?

Date: July 14, 2013 04:46

Sounds like a geat show, wish I could have crossed the pond and made this gig....Oh well (hopefully) on to the fall leg and more shows!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 14, 2013 04:47

"I also predict that rumours of their death will turn out to be greatly exaggerated".

Green Lady copying Mark Twain?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:30

THEY ARE NOT DONE TOURING!!! They are not done as a band, they are not done.period

There are dates coming to South America and then to China and then back to the States.

I have NEVER understood why people so love to predict the demise of this band. They were wrong in 72.... they were wrong in 83... they were wrong when Wyman quit.... they were wrong after the Licks tours.... they were wrong after the finsish of the BB tour... and anyone who wants to blather they are done now WILL BE WRONG AGAIN!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 05:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:34

I've now made my way to Heathrow,snoozing before my 7.25 back home, closing in on being up for 24 hours...

What a day, what a show...I'm always exhausted and "satisfied" after a Stones' show but that one was pretty special, only decided to fly in yesterday morning for a start, but what can a poor boy do when the Stones' hit the stage! Caught up with my friends in front of the gate at 9 this morning and pretty quickly we got stressed out by the admission process...then a mad dash to the front of T3 where we commandeered the whole angle, amazing spot! Then the long wait from 12 to 8:30...and Keith played that bizare chord again, but only once...after looking at the crowd with a bit of a smirk, pretty sure he did it on purpose this time, a bit of a joke I suppose! ER was a good surprise and Ruby Tuesday even more! The view was amazing I got a lot of nice 3D videos I think. I taped the whole show too and it sounds better than last week's recording although the crowd is pretty present as one would expect ;-)

Just added a ton of pics to my Picasa feed, there are a few good ones I think : [bit.ly]

Here's one :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 05:41 by gotdablouse.

Date: July 14, 2013 06:08

Max'sKansasCity
THEY ARE NOT DONE TOURING!!! They are not done as a band, they are not done.period

There are dates coming to South America and then to China and then back to the States.

I have NEVER understood why people so love to predict the demise of this band. They were wrong in 72.... they were wrong in 83... they were wrong when Wyman quit.... they were wrong after the Licks tours.... they were wrong after the finsish of the BB tour... and anyone who wants to blather they are done now WILL BE WRONG AGAIN!!!
Boy, you really get worked up over this stuff. Of course they are not done as a band, they have lots of product to sell for a long period of time into the future. Whether they will play live again, probably likely. Whether there will be another tour? Who knows. Until there are contracts signed, nobody. That's not blather, that's fact. At some point they will be done touring. Maybe it's now maybe not. Why are you so invested in holding your breath, kicking and screaming that you are certain they will tour again?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 14, 2013 06:32

Rokyfan
Max'sKansasCity

Boy, you really get worked up over this stuff. Of course they are not done as a band, they have lots of product to sell for a long period of time into the future. Whether they will play live again, probably likely. Whether there will be another tour? Who knows. Until there are contracts signed, nobody. That's not blather, that's fact. At some point they will be done touring. Maybe it's now maybe not. Why are you so invested in holding your breath, kicking and screaming that you are certain they will tour again?

Sure thing they will NOT come to China. As I live there (and seen them in Shanghai years ago) I can tell you the Government saw The Stones as a one off experience. Now let the Kansas editing begin!

Date: July 14, 2013 07:05

yawn

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 14, 2013 07:41

I hope they all meet up tomorrow for a healthy brunch.

Date: July 14, 2013 07:54

Max'sKansasCity
yawn
true, logic is boring as hell, compared with hysteria.

Date: July 14, 2013 07:59

Rokyfan
Max'sKansasCity
yawn
true, logic is boring as hell, compared with hysteria.

I didnt post hysteria, as much as you want a fight I am simply not interested in that. I said I didnt understand why people have this need to predict the END.... ah re-read it.... if you feel I was talking to, or about you, then that is on you.

Why cant we just wait and see what happens as opposed to saying it is all over now?

Post an opinion and move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 08:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 14, 2013 08:22

So...getting back on topic, must have slept about an hour in T5, grabbed a Krispy Kreme breakfast and about to go move on to security...finding a bit hard to believe it all happened now! These guys make it look so easy, well especially Mick, he's going to miss performing pretty quickly I'm sure!

So last show of the tour or of the leg, dunno, but having been at both the opening show at the Trabendo and the closing show at HP, I'd say the 50th and counting tour has run its course, they need to "freshen it up"...how is a good question...new tunes seems the most obvious way! Talking if new tunes, D&G went down really well again last night and some young fans just behind new ALL of its lyrics amazingly enough!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 14, 2013 08:36

Wroclaw
laertisflash
Excellent reviews, folks. I mean ... lucky bastards!

But what about clips? Not yet?

My position was not good and the sound quality is bad but since the good filmakers are now asleep/drunk/off the internet, maybe you will find some comfort in my clips which I'm uploading at this very moment:

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you so so much from California! I just watched all your videos and it was such a great combination of the band and the crowd, it really made me feel like I was there. I'm originally from London and Hyde Park was my childhood stomping ground! It looked like everyone was having a great time, the band rocked and the security looked pretty mellow - and the sun was shining smiling smiley

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:08

Keith is now plying a F7/C instead of a F/C as the 2nd chord in smu. It's the same chord figure we can hear in Sparks Will Fly but in C7/G.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:51

SweetThing
tatters
71Tele
For me the summation of this era of the Stones is: All five members who made Sticky Fingers and Exile were alive and available, and they chose not to have them all onstage at the same time - not even once! Even though there were many pleasurable moments, we will ponder this decision for years.

What's even more baffling is that I don't think it would have mattered all that much to the majority of the people on here.

HA SO TRUE...perhaps They are not the "true fans".. smiling smiley

No, they're just the Vegas fans.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:54

You Got The Silver

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: July 14, 2013 09:54

App 6 or 7 vids on my channel

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:04

Thanks for the uploads. They are as awesome as your videos of last falls o2 show!!! Many thanks for posting! Did you maybe film parts of last Saturdays show too?

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:28

sonomastone
there's no way keith accidentally screwed up the intro to start me up two hyde park shows in a row... something more is going on

I hope they are not using playback sound for Keith... cool smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:16

laertisflash
"I also predict that rumours of their death will turn out to be greatly exaggerated".

Green Lady copying Mark Twain?

Great artists steal, and so do I.

Thanks for the great videos, Promoman. That's actually a soprano sax on Ruby Tuesday, isn't it? Very effective.

Here's what was happening outside the fences. That was an impressive JJF even that far away, and the video catches the angry ring of Keith's guitar very nicely;

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:26

gotdablouse
I've now made my way to Heathrow,snoozing before my 7.25 back home, closing in on being up for 24 hours...

What a day, what a show...I'm always exhausted and "satisfied" after a Stones' show but that one was pretty special, only decided to fly in yesterday morning for a start, but what can a poor boy do when the Stones' hit the stage! Caught up with my friends in front of the gate at 9 this morning and pretty quickly we got stressed out by the admission process...then a mad dash to the front of T3 where we commandeered the whole angle, amazing spot! Then the long wait from 12 to 8:30...and Keith played that bizare chord again, but only once...after looking at the crowd with a bit of a smirk, pretty sure he did it on purpose this time, a bit of a joke I suppose! ER was a good surprise and Ruby Tuesday even more! The view was amazing I got a lot of nice 3D videos I think. I taped the whole show too and it sounds better than last week's recording although the crowd is pretty present as one would expect ;-)

Just added a ton of pics to my Picasa feed, there are a few good ones I think : [bit.ly]

Here's one :

Thank you very much, Guillaume!
I've put some thumbs of your beautiful pics and a link to your Picasa feed on my homepage now:
[www.highwire-therollingstones.de]
hope you like it, too.

And now I'm waiting for some more live acts, specially for Germany,
may be anounced shortly after Mick's 70-And-Counting-Celebration next week ...

cool smiley

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:58

Were the 2 Hyde Park shows filmed and recorded ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 12:19 by Powerage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home