Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20
Re: Hyde Park show #2 July 13 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:37

LookoutMountain
Grrbitw . But the last show of this tour, even if it's the second nite seems consistently conservative a la DC. Taylor bowed out on a high note at Glastonbury. Much as we'd like to hear him more, much as the logic that dictates his windows of opportunity defy us, looking forward to Kleermakers best MR offering from tonight.

It's a beggars banquet.

Yeah, don't complain, you're not a real fan if you do. I've had almost 40 years of live shows to pore over from the current (minus Bill) lineup, and when MT's not with them again, I can go back to the minutiae of figuring out the best version of JJF. But, this was an opportunity that hadn't been there since 1973 w/MT, that's why a bunch of us were hoping for whatever we could get with him. I'll defend the Stones, Ronnie included, on any general talk board on the internet. It's kind of a given, though, that once someone makes it this far on a Stones site that they're "Stones fans". That doesn't mean I have to be as excited for the 2013 Rolling Stones, versus any other era. I saw a great show in Chicago, got a little Knocking thrown in, so I'm happy.

Date: July 14, 2013 01:39

DECCA61
flacnvinyl
Emotional Rescue and Street Fighting Man. Hope everyone had a good time!

is this really how sad this ends ... must we be happy to pay so much money and have stress over anything ..and everything .. and get 1 or 2 songs we really wanna hear ... im gonna pass next "leg" ...

DECCA61

You don't wanna hear JJF, S, BS, IORR, YCAGWYW or SMU, find another band.

Posted by: stonesboston1975 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:40

wow what a show,very cool tunes,however,i think if more people would watch the show,AND STOP TEXTING, you would have had a better time, lets all hope the stones will be back, one love

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:41

And now we're going all home with our memories and hopes that there might be. But Mick said clearly: This is our last Show of the Tour. And to summon up I just think they didn't get the right deal with any promoterfor any further gigs. And at the end: they don't have to do anything if they don't want to. So Keep on drinking pints and argue about ticket Prices. Good night Folks.

Posted by: robbiebobbob ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:43

Left the pub at 7.30 waltzed in and watched a superb show without getting too sunburnt glad they started with start me up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:44

For me the summation of this era of the Stones is: All five members who made Sticky Fingers and Exile were alive and available, and they chose not to have them all onstage at the same time - not even once! Even though there were many pleasurable moments, we will ponder this decision for years.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:46

mighty stork
beachbreak
Bruce Dickinson on cowbell................Honky Tonk Women

Best guest appearance yet, shut up and just play that cowbell

This is not Bruce Dickinson, he looks like Christopher Walken.

Bruce Dickinson is this guy, the very best heavy metal singer of all time.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:52

Last Show of the Tour MY ASS !!!!.

MJ on Twitter.....

Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!

Its NOT over by a longshot.

As for the snivelling setlist whiners get a life you know darned well you are in your heart of hearts jelous of those attending tonight.

I bloddy well am and I was there last week .... Left feeling elated and grinning like an ejjit at no one in particular.

Every concert is different even if the setlist is the same ... WHEN YOU ARE THERE its an experience you will hold with you for ever.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:55

71Tele
For me the summation of this era of the Stones is: All five members who made Sticky Fingers and Exile were alive and available, and they chose not to have them all onstage at the same time - not even once! Even though there were many pleasurable moments, we will ponder this decision for years.

What's even more baffling is that I don't think it would have mattered all that much to the majority of the people on here.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:55

The blue light was my blues

Date: July 14, 2013 01:56

And the red light was my mind

Date: July 14, 2013 01:57

all my love's in vain

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: July 14, 2013 01:58

Many acts & bands keep the same setlist all tour long. The Stones are very generous! smoking smiley

Date: July 14, 2013 01:59

all my love's in vain

Date: July 14, 2013 02:00

all my love's in vain

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:03

Should there be a lifetime limit on the number of times any poster
is allowed to declare/predict that The Stones wont be back again?

The number of pessimists on this board is astounding.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:03

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 02:07 by Bastion.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:12

maxx
Last Show of the Tour MY ASS !!!!.

MJ on Twitter.....

Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!

Its NOT over by a longshot.

As for the snivelling setlist whiners get a life you know darned well you are in your heart of hearts jelous of those attending tonight.

I bloddy well am and I was there last week .... Left feeling elated and grinning like an ejjit at no one in particular.

Every concert is different even if the setlist is the same ... WHEN YOU ARE THERE its an experience you will hold with you for ever.

Tell it like it is, Max!

Date: July 14, 2013 02:12

Thank you for a great tour! I was lucky to catch two shows.

The complainers weren't there.

Mick Taylor also deserves a big thanks for doing a great guest appearance throughout the tour thumbs up

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:13

Just got back from what might, actually, feasibly, this time, be my (even if not THE) last ever Stones gig.

What really summed it up for me (apart from Keith fu@*ing up the intro to Start Me Up AGAIN!) was seeing him and Charlie, arms wrapped round eachother walkking off the stage after the final bow.

Thank you Stones! From the bottom of my heart.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:14

Come on does anyone really believe this is the end of the tour? Really?

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:19

oldschool
Come on does anyone really believe this is the end of the tour? Really?

Mick said as much at then end of the show.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:20

I just retourned to my Hotel, lovely Gig, RT and ER as a surprise, Keith f..cked up the Intro of SMU again, for which reason Ever, MR was Good and for me the Highlight, but there have been better Ones .... BUT THE MAIN THING (because they don't Play for Internet bloggers) i had a very Nice evening with nice People (you english Guys are soooo polite, Great), 12 beers, a smoke, a burger and a real Festival Groove .... See you in Oktober/November in Germany ....

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:23

frtg55
BowieStone
I believe Keith must have really liked his SMU intro last week, as he did it again tonight.

Is that really true?

Yep.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:25

Just back from the gig and had a great day with Manofwealthandtaste and Barroom Queen and bumped into Beast. First thoughts are that it was far better than last week. Great to hear Ruby Tuesday, Keith was on fire. Mick Taylor has earned a place back in the band and was criminally underused at both Hyde Park shows. Two songs per show only.

It was the hottest day of the year in the UK and I'm parched and tired. See y'all tomorrow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 08:59 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:26

schillid
all my love's in vain

OOOH, OH, OH, All of my love
OOOH, OH, OH, All of my love
Hi-dee-hay
AAAALLLL My Love's in vain

G, G7...., (slower) D........(pause) G.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:28

It was an amazingly beautiful day at Hyde Park. Arived around 5:00 pm, and spent some time in the infamous Unwind Bar (horribly overpriced, but it's nice to have a shady place to kick back) and then made our way to Tier 2 in advance of Jake Bugg's set around 7:00 pm. From experience, I knew that it would get packed, so rather than try to get close to the center, we found a spot on the far right side, one row behind the rail separating Tier 1 from Tier 2, and because of the gap between the Tiers, could see the main stage quite clearly.

The introductory Hyde Park film started around 8:25. Keith was rough to open the show, he had trouble with the Start Me Up intro again, and things looked rocky for the first 3 or 4 numbers - I'll admit I was a little worried. But, his playing got noticeably better as the show went on, and he was fine by the time of his solo set. I've said this before, but maybe the Stones need to do sound checks - it helps to warm up properly before a show. The sound was also poorly mixed at the onset, with overall sound a tad too soft, and guitars buried in the mix. The volume was markedly higher in the second half of the show. Street Fighting Man was a great performance, and Midnight Rambler was epic - a very good version. The warhorses were, well, the warhorses, but the crowd loved them. Sympathy was great - played in the midsts of clouds of billowing smoke from the flames surrounding the stage. YCAGWYW was very impressive, with the two choirs resonating across the broad expanse of Hyde Park (although Ronnie reverted to one of his "was that actually a solo" type guitar solos. "Satisfaction" had the audience in a frenzy and Mick's running up and down the center and side ramps, augmented by the confetti and fireworks did the trick and seemed to leave everyone thrilled. Overall, the performance and sound probably rate a B-, but the sold-out crowd (walked around a bit, and the park looked jam-packed) as and the atmosphere (needless to say, there were no thunderstorms) made it a very memorable evening. If it ends up being their last performance, the Stones certainly went out the way we would have hoped - as the greatest show on Earth.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:33

Thanks for the review Dr. B and others, glad you all had a great time. Did they use Tim R on Ruby Tuesday on keyboards for any of the mellotron/flute/strings sounds or play it more stripped down sounding?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-14 02:34 by winter.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:34

tatters
71Tele

What's even more baffling is that I don't think it would have mattered all that much to the majority of the people on here.

HA SO TRUE...perhaps They are not the "true fans".. smiling smiley

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 14, 2013 02:38

winter
Thanks for the review Dr. B and others, glad you all had a great time. Did they use Tim R on Ruby Tuesday on keyboards for any of the mellotron/flute/strings sounds or play it more stripped down sounding?

Nothing was stripped, but REAL flutes ....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home