Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tour T-shirts and comments
Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: July 11, 2013 21:25

So, I have been wearing my 50th anniversary tour tee-shirt quite a bit. I get a lot of comments - like "I saw them in 72 at the spectrum", or "How were the crypt keepers." But one guy really ticked me off and it almost came to blows. I was at a flea market and this gentleman in his 60's commented that he saw them in the 70's when they actually played. He won't go see them now because they pipe in all the music. I can take the comments about their age, but to say they don't play anymore - based on what we all saw on this tour - I took offense...

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Re: Tour T-shirts and comments
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 11, 2013 22:27

he was no gentleman..

if he would bother , he could find ample evidence refuting his asinine assertion..

starting with 'Start Me Up' at Hyde Park last Saturday..

but he probably won't..

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 11, 2013 22:34

Yeah! Next thing you know people will accuse them of using fake drums during Sympathy for the Devil!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 00:18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 17:27 by camper88.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 00:37

Was wearing my T shirt with pride and people were looking at me like I was a scarlet woman, when I am an innocent catholic girl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-12 00:43 by desertblues68.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 12, 2013 02:00

desertblues68
Was wearing my T shirt with pride and people were looking at me like I was a scarlet woman, when I am an innocent catholic girl.

I get plenty of comments and looks too, desertblues68. Somehow it's more acceptable for men to wear rock t-shirts then women, especially if you aren't 20 something. To heck with them girl, wear it with pride!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 12, 2013 02:32

I live in the uk and went to toronto to see them on june 6th, after the show i got a comment from a girl about my stones t shirt at a bus stop and we talked, going back to see her in August for a month so just from wearing a stones tshirt i have a new relationship. Mind u we are 3 and a half thousand miles apart at the monment.

It was a voodoo lounge shirt

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 12, 2013 04:39

Latebloomer I'll show you my shirts if you show me yours

Date: July 12, 2013 05:12

Christopher

I think pgarof made off well with just standing at the bus stop...you might want to try that, Christopher. grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 12, 2013 06:05

...maybe next time combine T with say... a dress...skirt or maybe trousers

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 06:25

Rockman

...maybe next time combine T with say... a dress...skirt or maybe trousers
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 12, 2013 11:06

I just got my Tongue Evolution shirt in the mail (Vegas event on the way). Have got numerous cool shirt comments. Ranging from older hippy guy to really cute young lady clerk @ grocery store. I'm down with that!grinning smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 12, 2013 12:50

You just have to accept that life is full of stupid ignorant people with lots of opinion about stuff they know nothing about.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 12, 2013 14:43

latebloomer
Christopher

I think pgarof made off well with just standing at the bus stop...you might want to try that, Christopher. grinning smiley
Latebloomer....... I'll be driving the bus grinning smiley

Date: July 12, 2013 15:04

Christopher

Latebloomer....... I'll be driving the bus grinning smiley

Then you best make sure the passengers mind their steps...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 12, 2013 16:14

I'm wearing a Bill Wyman "Sticky Fingers Cafe" t-shirt at the moment with "It's Only Rock n Roll" on the back.

It's from my 2009 tour of Kensington, London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-12 16:18 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: nickm8 ()
Date: July 12, 2013 17:13

when i sees omeone with a 50 and counting shirt i ask if they went because if they didnt their not a real fan

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 12, 2013 17:45

nickm8
when i sees omeone with a 50 and counting shirt i ask if they went because if they didnt their not a real fan

That wouldn't necessarily be the case in the US. They didn't play a lot of cities or regions. You add up the cost of transportation, hotel & not the least, decent tickets, it was a very expensive proposition. I was lucky enough to travel to one show but sacrifices were made to do it. I would've loved to go to England to the Hyde Park shows but it was out of my league financially at this time.

Date: July 12, 2013 18:29

ssprings
So, I have been wearing my 50th anniversary tour tee-shirt quite a bit. I get a lot of comments - like "I saw them in 72 at the spectrum", or "How were the crypt keepers." But one guy really ticked me off and it almost came to blows. I was at a flea market and this gentleman in his 60's commented that he saw them in the 70's when they actually played. He won't go see them now because they pipe in all the music. I can take the comments about their age, but to say they don't play anymore - based on what we all saw on this tour - I took offense...

He was pushing your buttons, keep the control panel covered and rock on....

Mike

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: July 12, 2013 19:12

GravityBoy
You just have to accept that life is full of stupid ignorant people with lots of opinion about stuff they know nothing about.
Hence this site.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: July 12, 2013 19:40

Opinions are like @#$%&, everybody's got one. Just read this board.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 12, 2013 22:23

I think their boring as opposed to the other tours

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 12, 2013 22:27

i think we've found the one good thing about keiths start me up intro at hyde park.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2013 23:40

desertblues68

That's funny - especially since there is no such thing as a "innocent catholic girl"!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 12, 2013 23:47

crholmstrom
nickm8

That wouldn't necessarily be the case in the US. They didn't play a lot of cities or regions. You add up the cost of transportation, hotel & not the least, decent tickets, it was a very expensive proposition. I was lucky enough to travel to one show but sacrifices were made to do it. I would've loved to go to England to the Hyde Park shows but it was out of my league financially at this time.

Would it make them a reel fan?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 13, 2013 02:59

The Hyde Park Shirts are nice. I think that there are 4 different ones. I bought 3 but passed on the shirt with the butterfly because a Stones shirt without the tongue seems wrong.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 13, 2013 03:13

Seemed today as if there were quite alot of people in London wearing stones T-Shirts: could have seen many in Hyde Park (who quite like me took advantage of the last minute free tickets for Friday show and came to enjoy the place and/or to inspect the site). Saw many on the streets and stations. I was in some meeting in some dealers office and when Doom of Gloom was played on the radio I joked and told him I cannot buy more that what I did since Jagger and Richards need my money - I expected to hear "wow - you came all this way to see these old folks?" (he was young) but actually got signs of appreciation.

BTW: the Stones logo was always present, here and there, of fasion shops inventory but now it is strongly felt that even places such as Primark put on shelves quite a few stones merchandise.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2013 04:25

Personally I would just feel sorry for a schmuck/troll who would feel (self welcomed and) obligated to say something snotty like that to me while I was was wearing a Stones shirt, then again, I have never had someone say something like that, so there is no telling how/what I might feel/do.... I guess it might depend on my mood, how surly I was feeling at that moment.

I know have never said a snotty word to anyone wearing any band's shirt, no matter how much I might dislike the band, and the majority of shirts I see kids wearing are bands not to my tastes... heck, actually, no matter how much I might dislike a band, I ALWAYS dig seeing someone/anyone wearing a band Tshirt, flying their colors, it is awesome! Why crap on their good times?

As far as wearing a shirt to a show/tour one did not attend, why would one? I wouldnt because I wouldnt want to remind myself of how I fkg pissed missed it. DAMN IT!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2013 04:28

latebloomer
desertblues68

I get plenty of comments and looks too, desertblues68. Somehow it's more acceptable for men to wear rock t-shirts then women, especially if you aren't 20 something. To heck with them girl, wear it with pride!

There is not much hotter, in the whole world, than a woman in a rock and roll Tshirt, I LOVE IT! ROCK AND ROLL

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 13, 2013 04:38

I wish they'd do that butterfly short in womens' sizes....I'd be on it like a phantom butterfly on
a purple zinna. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-13 04:40 by angee.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home