Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: free access to BST on Friday due to canceld Elton John concert
Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 14:18

I just got 4 tickets now without any problem.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 14:42

nobodyimportant
BowieStone
nobodyimportant
. Now Elton's cancelled, I've been offline all day and had no chance to get a free ticket. Why the hell couldn't they have offered me one of those?

Free tickets are still available.
Just checked it for you.

Thanks, but they said yesterday that they had reached capacity and it's come up "tickets unavailable" every time I've tried. Just tried again, nothing doing.

You've got to keep on trying during the day.
You'll get some tickets.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 18:54

What link are you using? I've tried lots of times, both yesterday and today without any joy.

Date: July 10, 2013 18:56

nobodyimportant
What link are you using? I've tried lots of times, both yesterday and today without any joy.

This should work - [barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com]

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 10, 2013 19:07

Thanks, that's where I've been. I'll keep on trying.

OT: Ray Davies and Elvis Costello - Hyde Park this Friday is now a free concert
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:17

After Elton John pulled out of his headline slot because of appendicitis the promoters have made the gig in Hyde Park this Friday a free concert. Should be great fun. Lazing on a Sunny Evening!

Re: OT: Ray Davies and Elvis Costello - Hyde Park this Friday is now a free concert
Date: July 10, 2013 21:37

maybe ray gets a longer set now

Re: OT: Ray Davies and Elvis Costello - Hyde Park this Friday is now a free concert
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:38

Get well soon, Elton!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:57

Not a bad double bill for free at all.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:00

Here's confirmation in The Guardian newspaper (UK).

Sir Elton John is to undergo surgery after being taken ill with appendicitis and has cancelled several shows including a headline performance at London's Hyde Park.

The veteran musician is undergoing intensive treatment to contain the condition after a series of scans and blood tests by UK medics to identify the source of his ill health.

The star had been due to perform at Hyde Park on Friday night, topping a bill that also features Elvis Costello and Ray Davies. Organisers have announced that the show will be a free event following Sir Elton's withdrawal, and ticket-holders will be refunded.

The 66-year-old singer called in doctors after he became ill during his European tour. They advised him to cancel all the dates on his current tour.

A statement on behalf of the singer said he had been diagnosed with an "appendix abscess surrounding retrocaecal appendicitis".

He is expected to undergo surgery in the UK in the next few weeks, when doctors are sure they have reduced toxins around the inflamed appendix sufficiently.

The singer's spokesman said he would not return to touring until fully recovered from the surgery and the damage caused by the abscess.

He went on: "Elton is incredibly disappointed to postpone these tour dates. To know that he made such superhuman efforts and continued to perform to thousands through his illness only confirms his dedication to his European fans.

"He is eager to be back on top form and return to play the remaining shows starting in early September 2013."

John was confirmed earlier on Tuesday as one of the stars due to play the iTunes Festival at London's Roundhouse in September.

It is the latest health scare for the chart star. Last year he cancelled a number of shows as a result of a respiratory infection during a series of US dates. He also missed concerts due to a bout of food poisoning.

In 1999 he had a pacemaker fitted for an irregular heartbeat.

John has recently been promoting his forthcoming album The Diving Board, which is due to be released in September. It is his first studio recording of new solo material since his 2006 album The Captain & The Kid. His most recent album was his 2010 collaboration with Leon Russell, called The Union.

His Hyde Park show was part of the Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time Festival. Other acts such as Davies, Costello, Nick Lowe and others will still perform at the event, which will now be free of charge as a gesture of goodwill following John's cancellation.

Rob Hallett, the president of international live touring for show promoter AEG Live, said: "We certainly wish Elton a speedy recovery and know that he would have hated for us to cancel the whole day's events because of this.

"In the beautiful surroundings of Hyde Park and the incredible weather we are having, our show goes on. And there's no better way to enjoy the start of our final weekend than with a free event for all to enjoy, with some excellent headline artists topping off even more great entertainment in our 10-day event."

Fans can apply for free tickets on a first-come, first-served basis at www.bst-hydepark.com/12julyupdate.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 11, 2013 00:59

Just because EJ pulls out it's free? Does that mean only Elton was getting paid to begin with?

This just in: Stones cancel, Mick Jagger pulls out because he is not being paid--just kidding.

The Stones won't really be playing for free, as they're still contracted to get a DVD deal out of it.

ot ray davies ,hyde park ,night before the stones,sunny afternoon,
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: July 21, 2013 22:32

the night before the stones,played ray davies in hyde park
i really liked it.
for your guitarplayers Sunny afternoon is real nice to play.
the tickets were free,because elton john was ill

Re: ot ray davies ,hyde park ,night before the stones,sunny afternoon,
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 21, 2013 22:38

backofmyhand
the night before the stones,played ray davies in hyde park
i really liked it.
for your guitarplayers Sunny afternoon is real nice to play.
the tickets were free,because elton john was ill

It was great!
I liked Elvis Costello set more

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 21, 2013 22:45

For those of us who could not attend....

Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: July 21, 2013 23:21

thanx stonehearted

Date: July 21, 2013 23:34

Awesome!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home