Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Finally! Johny Depp completes his film on Keith!
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 10, 2013 18:01

GravityBoy
latebloomer
That Pirate crap did make him a boatload of money...but, I agree. The first movie was fun, but it's been all down hill from there.

Yes.. CGI madness took over... that waterwheel fight scene was about 30 minutes too long.

As was the weird stone crabs thing later.

I never even watched POTC IV (was there one?)

There was. Keith was OK in his five minutes - can't say as much for the rest of the film...

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 10, 2013 21:59

My gut tells me it will be released next year or after when Keith finally releases a solo album (released near it to promote a new album makes sense).

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:33

Yes, it won't be released for at least a year. Having completed the film does not mean that it is ready for release. There will be several months for editing and other stages of production, then there will be plans and negotiations for distribution, and so on.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:46

nightskyman
My gut tells me it will be released next year or after when Keith finally releases a solo album (released near it to promote a new album makes sense).

Think so , too.
Fall 2014

jeroen

Depp finishes Keef doco
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:12

Re: Depp finishes Keef doco
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:16

Might be a disaster

Johnny Depp's Keith documentary
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:22

That news item's over a year old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 21:22 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:29

Gooo
Might be a disaster

Yeah maybe Johnny has been disnefied....

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:49

I hope it's not released before the end of the tour - filmed when he was still very bitter about betrayals and things after writing the book and started when he was really rusty - a shame to open old wounds now

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:17

A doco? As in docomentory? smoking smiley

Date: July 10, 2014 23:57

Sounds like a boring nightmare

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 11, 2014 01:35

Keith is the man!!! Depp is cool.

Hopefully when released it will be shown in a Pittsburgh area theater.

Johnny Depp's Keith documentary
Date: July 11, 2014 02:04

EJM
I hope it's not released before the end of the tour - filmed when he was still very bitter about betrayals and things after writing the book and started when he was really rusty - a shame to open old wounds now

Suspect there are no definite release plans at the moment. There's been zero news about this project for the last year.

BTW, besides the LA shoot in early 2010, additional filming was done there in March 2013.

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 11, 2014 02:27

Big Al
I don't think I could withstand more than a few minutes of Keith. His interviews are becoming increasingly tiresome. Waving a lit Marlboro - but not smoking it, obviously - cackling, Muddy Waters and various other, sigh, 'cats'.

Don't watch it then.

Nate

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 11, 2014 08:07

wicked67
I think it's more interesting to make a documentary about Keith Richards on Mick Jagger....could accompany the new solo album by keith of 2014 would not be bad idea!

Agree with that. As a Stones fan, I'm suspicious of people who like either Keith or Mick, rather than the Stones.
You see this on the Anita/Keith lovefest websites...
They seem more in love with the idea of Keith and Anita than the Stones as a band.
I love Keith and think he's an original, but i love Mick and think he's an original.
Making a film about one and not the other smacks of hero worship and wanking off.
Get ready, because its going to be a lovefeast of epic proportions.
I mean, is Mick even going to be interviewed?

Date: July 11, 2014 12:18

Depp is a @#$%&

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 11, 2014 12:48

johnny is actually a really talented person and he has a knack for seeking out other talented people but this seems a bit too close to celebrity ass kissing territory.
i mean really,a keith documentary?? whats he gonna do cover the 50+ years in two hours,it would take two hours to cover the 14 on fire tour.
anyone who would watch this already knows the story,as much as i like keith i swear if i hear "we just wanted to play the blues",anita was trying to get away from brian" or "we had to get out of england because we were getting busted all the time" once more....

jaggers comment about "if anyone wants to know what i was doing in 1965 they can look it up on wikipedia" is looking better all the time.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: July 11, 2014 13:31

Article posted it a year ago! so it's a year that has already finished the documentary ..

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: July 11, 2014 17:39

It would be more fun to see Depp actually play Keith in a role. He is 50 years old but look a lot younger so he could play late 70's early 80's Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-11 17:41 by DiscoVolante.

Date: July 11, 2014 17:48

He's already done it - sort of. Depp has said he channeled Keith for his Captain Jack Sparrow character.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 11, 2014 18:34

Didn't Keith do some recording/jam with Ian MacLagan and Steve Jordan for this film?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: UnpurePurist ()
Date: July 11, 2014 19:11

Looking forward to this!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 12, 2014 00:20

I find Depp overrated and irritating, and his slavish worship of Keith to be a bit creepy.

I can hardly wait for the doco!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2014 03:15

treaclefingers
I find Depp overrated and irritating, and his slavish worship of Keith to be a bit creepy.

btw, there are a lot of iorr.ean brothers & sisters following Keith slavishly - why not allow the same for Johnny?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 03:18 by open-g.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 12, 2014 03:48

I have nothing against Johnny Depp. Some of his less known movies are pretty good. However, on the TV Talk Circuit he seems to try to act like Keith during interviews.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 12, 2014 04:11

Johnny is a good actor who has been cursed with a pretty boy face that gave him his career. I think that explains a lot of his persona. I also think he genuinely admires Keith for his talents and his don't give a damn attitude. The documentary will be familiar and maybe even boring to a lot of us, but most people don't know that much about Keith Richards. I just hope it's not an embarrassment to both of them. So many documentaries present a subject as either a saint or a complete ass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 04:30 by latebloomer.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 12, 2014 05:13

24FPS
The timing of this thing is strange. With all the documentaries, stagework, Keith's biography, etc., with the Stones over the last couple years, interest in Keith, or a new angle, seems faded. What great secrets are we to learn? Hasn't Keith been pretty much exhausted as a subject? So he hangs out with Depp at Musso & Frank in Hollywood and they have to go out on the street to smoke their cigarettes. Is that enough to fill a documentary? Keith just spilled the beans on most of his life in 'Life'? This may be a project that took too long to complete.

My take too. Depp is too close to the subject matter. And if he isn't but thinks this film will get him closer, then it's even worse.

Date: July 12, 2014 05:26

open-g
treaclefingers

btw, there are a lot of iorr.ean brothers & sisters following Keith slavishly - why not allow the same for Johnny?

yeah, they certainly can and do. I find them creepy too though.

Date: July 12, 2014 05:29

latebloomer
Johnny is a good actor who has been cursed with a pretty boy face that gave him his career. I think that explains a lot of his persona. I also think he genuinely admires Keith for his talents and his don't give a damn attitude. The documentary will be familiar and maybe even boring to a lot of us, but most people don't know that much about Keith Richards. I just hope it's not an embarrassment to both of them. So many documentaries present a subject as either a saint or a complete ass.

you've hit the nail on the head...I find him a bit of a poseur.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:55

treaclefingers
latebloomer

you've hit the nail on the head...I find him a bit of a poseur.
Me too. The name-dropping, the clothes, the ass-kissing, the fact that all his 'close friends' just happen to be three of the most iconic figures of the last 50 years: Brando, Thompson and Keith. The law of averages says that doesn't happen.

I don't dislike him as a person, but as a persona, it comes across as phoney. As a person, he seems like a genuinely good guy, good person.

A few years back, I took my nieces to see Rango, and halfway through the movie, I recognized a familiar voice, familiar mannerisms and tics...and realized JD was paying tribute to Don Knotts.

I will forever have an affection for JD for that, and doing a brilliant, impeccable job. His voice work in this little movie is full of heart and affection for his source of inspiration.
This was his greatest performance.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:00 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2019
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home