Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Pearl Jam announces tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 9, 2013 01:41

Re: OT: Pearl Jam announces tour
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:56

And they're even coming to Dallas. This past June was the 10 year anniversary of the last time they played here. Glad I kept my 10C membership up to date all those years. There were a few times I almost said f-it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 9, 2013 03:04

Why do they fear Texas? Last show I saw was San Diego 2000...

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 9, 2013 03:13

Yes! Can't wait. Seen them 43 times; I have a string of seeing them every year since 2003; great American Rock band.

Date: July 9, 2013 03:20

Munichhilton

They pretty much fear the entire south. They've only ventured down here on a handful of occasions for festival shows, they haven't actually toured the south since the Riot Act tour 10 years ago. Eddie even told us at the Dallas '03 show that it was going to be a while before they came back down this way. I thought he just meant it was the last Texas show of the tour and they wouldn't be back until the next album/tour.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: July 9, 2013 03:35

NoCode0680
Munichhilton

They pretty much fear the entire south. They've only ventured down here on a handful of occasions for festival shows, they haven't actually toured the south since the Riot Act tour 10 years ago. Eddie even told us at the Dallas '03 show that it was going to be a while before they came back down this way. I thought he just meant it was the last Texas show of the tour and they wouldn't be back until the next album/tour.

Hey whats up nocode . . . yeah the south is a weird thing w/ PJ, I guess . . . Does florida count? Remember the 2008 tour kicked off in West Palm, then to Tampa . . . but now they get their shows!

Date: July 9, 2013 04:34

Mr. Jimi
NoCode0680
Munichhilton

Hey whats up nocode . . . yeah the south is a weird thing w/ PJ, I guess . . . Does florida count? Remember the 2008 tour kicked off in West Palm, then to Tampa . . . but now they get their shows!

I count them as part of the South, but as for PJ playing the south, they're the exception because they have something Eddie wants... surfing.

Date: July 9, 2013 06:58

Did they change the way they are distributing tickets to 10 club members?
In the past, wasn't it based on how long you've been a member?
This seems to be a drawing among all members.

Anyway, I put in for the 2 LA shows; one for reserved seats and the other for GA.

Date: July 9, 2013 14:01

BluzDude
Did they change the way they are distributing tickets to 10 club members?
In the past, wasn't it based on how long you've been a member?
This seems to be a drawing among all members.

Anyway, I put in for the 2 LA shows; one for reserved seats and the other for GA.

Since they haven't been here in 10 years I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to how ticketing works, other than just knowing it's a constant subject of arguments and anger around the forums. Last time I saw them Ten Club was still doing tickets through the mail and the fan club seating was done by blocks. The highest seniority had the closest block, and where the people in that block were seated was first come first serve. I haven't read all the details of the e-mail yet, as they're giving a week to sign up, but there's some sort of lottery for a pre-sale. After that I'm not sure if there are other 10C tickets to buy or not.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 9, 2013 15:43

NoCode0680
Munichhilton

I think they're afraid of the Red States...

Date: July 10, 2013 01:30

Munichhilton

Dennis Rodman.

I was at that show by the way. I was mad as hell at the time, but in the end I'm glad I was there. It was certainly interesting, or something.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2013 03:03

Looking forward to this tour. Only seen them once. Opening for the Stones in Oakland on a stormy night. Looking forward to some indoor dry shows.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 11, 2013 23:22

New album announced too.

"Lightning Bolt"

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: July 11, 2013 23:33

The best live band in the world!!!!!!!
Every show is different!
I was last year in Berlin for both shows.
2 times 2 1/2 hours of music.3 songs where equal.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 13, 2013 19:28

I remember that thread I opened about P.J.

I 'd love so much to see hem live, did they ever play in Europe recently ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 16, 2013 13:11

Anybody get lottery tickets? I got a pair of reserved for Dallas.

Date: July 16, 2013 18:46

LA2 - GA

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 16, 2013 21:27

SwayStones

With a new album coming out. They'll probably be touring extensively. So probably Europe next year.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 9, 2013 07:35

Anybody listened to the album yet? You can stream it on iTunes and there are torrents up. It's really good. I was skeptical because I wasn't crazy about Mind Your Manners, nor am I that crazy about Backspacer. But I'm loving this one.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 9, 2013 08:02

I'm liking this also NoCode!!!

Date: October 9, 2013 08:15

Maindefender
I'm liking this also NoCode!!!

I didn't know they had another one like this in them, I was getting a bit cynical about them. I have to go with "Getaway", "Pendulum", "Let The Records Play" and "Sleeping By Myself" as the standout tracks to me.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 9, 2013 08:39

I'm not a huge fan of the album yet. Only heard it through twice so far so obviously I'll be listening to it quite a bit more, but overall it seems like challenging record for me. Not that its lazy, but it sounds so... just happening, to me. As if the songs were just thought on the spot, but there's no definitive path they are taking. This isn't the first Pearl Jam record thats been like for me. I believe No Code took me awhile at first and now I love that record. I'm hoping it grows soon only because I'm seeing them in November and I like to be familiar with the new album then because I assume they'll play at least 5 songs a night from it and probably more.

So funny how the same album can affect many people all these different ways. I've heard very divided stuff about it so far, with some loving it right away and some really being put off.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 9, 2013 08:58

Munichhilton
Why do they fear Texas?

Oh, I don't know....

Date: October 9, 2013 09:02

Well, since their last album was probably my least favorite, and I thought the Ole single was just embarrassing, I had very low expectations. I don't like it as much as Vitalogy, No Code or Yield, but it's pretty good I think. The singles don't do much for me though. As I said, I didn't like Mind Your Manners much, and Sirens was OK at times, but overall not something I'll listen to a lot. The last two songs on the album didn't do much for me either. But the other 8 out of 12 songs I've been really liking.

Edit: I will say that it is maybe a little over produced. Not in the same way Backspacer was, and it still sounds good, but maybe too busy.

I have seen some of the negative reviews from some fans over on the PJ website, but the overall opinion seems pretty high, not surprisingly though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-09 09:49 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 9, 2013 09:47

SwayStones

Yes, the last year. That was the first and the only time I have seen them. Amazing show, up there with the absolutely best ones I have seen. I really hope I will see them again soon.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 9, 2013 14:33

PJ Friday night in Pittsburgh. Undecided if I'm goin.

Date: October 9, 2013 20:23

MingSubu
PJ Friday night in Pittsburgh. Undecided if I'm goin.

If you have the time and the means, I'd suggest checking it out. They do put on a good show, and even if you're not a fan of their original material they do some good Who, Neil Young, Clash, and even an occasional Stones cover. Not that I think you'd go see some band you don't like on the off chance of catching a Stones cover, but if you're on the fence it might sweeten the pot.

I'd love a better (though this isn't bad) audio version of Street Fighting Man from Denver '94. They were nailing it, but they do a lot of goofing around in the middle and near the end. Including Ed playing drums along with Dave on his kit, and somebody pantsing Mike during one of his solos.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 9, 2013 20:37

Jeff Ahmet was hanging out at the Nine Inch Nails show last night in Pittsburgh.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:16

I saw Pearl Jam in early 1992 in a small venue. To that time, they were not so big. But, I was sure they become big, when they get lot of support from the press & media. Eddie Vedder is one of the greatest frontmen, who I ever saw live.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 9, 2013 21:41

I love when American bands do a "North American Tour", with 1-2 Canadian dates...

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home