Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Singing a Different Tune These Days.
Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 22:18

In reading the news stories and quotes etc about this tour It struck me how Mick seems to be singing a different tune these days. I mean he went from saying he wanted to call the tour F*** Off to I will do this as long as the fans want me to and I can't wait for such and such gig. Seems a little hypocritical to me. Or maybe. Just maybe he finally has learned to appreciate the fans a little more. Other then raping the fans for ticket process. Which is another thread all together. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Mick Singing a Different Tune These Days.
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 9, 2013 00:03

Well, hard to ask $600 a ticket at the same time you're telling people to F off, right?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 00:38

He's having a good time.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 9, 2013 01:19

First of all, doesn't ANYONE get Mick's sense of humor!? GEEEEE! Second, I do believe Mick enjoyed this tour, for the most part, more than he anticipated and that's a great thing for everyone! He sure was smiling a lot during the 3 shows that I saw! And yes, at $600 a pop, sure would be hard to be anything but most appreciative of the fans that paid that price....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:03

I think he's enjoying it because he's 90% of the show now. The engine room ain't what it used to be. He has triumphed as the one who has survived at the greatest level, more or less intact. Which is a real triumph when you figure vocalists are the ones earliest affected by age. It really is Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones now.

There was a time through the 90s and early 2000s that Mick was almost an afterthought. But now that the rest of band, and their sidemen, are in decline, he's what's left of the glory. Go ahead, Keith, write about my dick, Mick probably thinks, as they watch you totter as an old man on stage, going in and out of reception on your once proud guitar. Don't worry, old junkie/chain smoker/alcoholic, I'll carry you and the boys for a while.

Yes, Mick might absolutely be whistling with glee these days. And Bill might write a tell all? Oh, my, I'm so scared of what it will do to my image.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:06

mickschix
First of all, doesn't ANYONE get Mick's sense of humor!? GEEEEE! Second, I do believe Mick enjoyed this tour, for the most part, more than he anticipated and that's a great thing for everyone! He sure was smiling a lot during the 3 shows that I saw! And yes, at $600 a pop, sure would be hard to be anything but most appreciative of the fans that paid that price....

Yeah, he's just not funny to me.....

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 9, 2013 02:20

I think he is enjoying himself and I think he seems to
Be a little closer to Keith. Maybe a lot more then he throught he would.

Yes, He loves the attention. But its even more then that.
The Stones sound better and more alive
then anyone would predict. The press seems to dig the tour.
They are making money and they are the biggest band in the world again.

Not just Jagger all the Stones seem to be enjoying themseves again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home