Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Jagger Solo Album?
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 09:54

GravityBoy
I've never bought a Mick solo album and I never will.

It's like a betrayal.

I respect that.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 9, 2013 09:55

Mick's been down the Michael Jackeson David Bowie solo artist track before.. no one wants to know... except the Japanese.

But he has a big ego so maybe he's convinced himself again.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 9, 2013 13:46

I would prefer a new Stones-album, but if that is not possible a new Jagger-album is very good news. WS still is his best solo-effort, but I must I actually liked the first half of Goddess. Actually I think the lamest thing about that album was Keith's dogshit-pun.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 9, 2013 13:51

Would be much more excited about a Keith solo record. Both of those have aged well.

Posted by: SirMuddy ()
Date: July 9, 2013 14:13

GetYerAngie
I would prefer a new Stones-album, but if that is not possible a new Jagger-album is very good news. WS still is his best solo-effort, but I must I actually liked the first half of Goddess. Actually I think the lamest thing about that album was Keith's dogshit-pun.

Yes WS was very cool... But don't worry too much about "Keith dogshit-pun"... I'm sure Mick was very happy for Keith "support"! Cuz, when Mick & Keith are yelling to each other, everybody's talking about it! It's one of their best marketing move. And they use it since the 80's, 1st for covering Charlie's heroin addiction. They protect him. The real feud was during Emotional Rescue, the haychet was long time bury before Steel Wheels. Even Life is another way to use their feud. They're having fun on us & newspaper writers. Mick is very happy wih Life, cuz it's a great fvck-off to establishment. Look at them on stage, especially this year: they have a great times, next move is somewhere on an Island writing some song, recording and if it's good: release it before a new tour in 2014. I hope they stay in the Bigger Bang path... "Laugh, I nearly died"!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:58

he should release the Red devils sessions. it will blow anybody away !!!

jeroen

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:07

GetYerAngie
I would prefer a new Stones-album, but if that is not possible a new Jagger-album is very good news.

I agree. I'd love to hear something new from Mick Jagger, the harmonica player. Mick's harp playing is so underrated. It would be great if he could write and record an album of rock and pop songs which is centered around his harmonica, with only a few straight blues tunes in the mix.

Date: July 9, 2013 18:51

dont want any new Jagger songs. just new stones songs.
his new tunes are shite.
jeroen

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:56

Nobody is forcing you to listen to a Mick Jagger solo album.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 9, 2013 19:11

The main problem with this idea is that Sir Michael isn't much of a singer these days. And pretty much all of his side projects have been a waste of time.
Whether we're talking about music or films doesn't matter. Maybe gratifying for him but for most of us just a diversion from his real job as a singer in The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: July 9, 2013 19:36

So as Keith has told us lately, all members of The Rolling Stones are working on some solo projects. And there will be some solo releases next year, from him too.

Why are you crying and what for?

There will be some live tracks (No Security II ...?) and video footage just right in time for christmas.

And a new album by the Stones?

Read all those reviews just about ABB here on IORR.

But sometimes, perhaps in the year 2015 ...

cool smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 9, 2013 19:53

billwebster
GetYerAngie
I would prefer a new Stones-album, but if that is not possible a new Jagger-album is very good news.

I agree. I'd love to hear something new from Mick Jagger, the harmonica player. Mick's harp playing is so underrated. It would be great if he could write and record an album of rock and pop songs which is centered around his harmonica, with only a few straight blues tunes in the mix.

One thing there's not enough of is rock and pop tunes centered around the harmonica. That's certainly a void Mick could fill. Are you thinking full band or solo?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:14

...A new Mick's album with the Stones on Tour?!?After 8-9 years from the last studio album?!?I don't know...It's very sad...

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: July 10, 2013 14:56

SirMuddy
GetYerAngie
I would prefer a new Stones-album, but if that is not possible a new Jagger-album is very good news. WS still is his best solo-effort, but I must admit I actually liked the first half of Goddess. Actually I think the lamest thing about that album was Keith's dogshit-pun.

Yes WS was very cool... But don't worry too much about "Keith dogshit-pun"... I'm sure Mick was very happy for Keith "support"! Cuz, when Mick & Keith are yelling to each other, everybody's talking about it! It's one of their best marketing move. And they use it since the 80's, 1st for covering Charlie's heroin addiction. They protect him. The real feud was during Emotional Rescue, the haychet was long time bury before Steel Wheels. Even Life is another way to use their feud. They're having fun on us & newspaper writers. Mick is very happy wih Life, cuz it's a great fvck-off to establishment. Look at them on stage, especially this year: they have a great times, next move is somewhere on an Island writing some song, recording and if it's good: release it before a new tour in 2014. I hope they stay in the Bigger Bang path... "Laugh, I nearly died"!

I'm not so sure that the dogshit-pun had this strategic intension, but I'm sure that it didn't help Goddess receiving the broader public, that it was aimed at. But I guess that you are right about the general use of the feud strategicly. I too hope that they will go forward from the best parts of ABB (It wont take long, Laugh, Rain Fall Down and Oh no not you again). But if they don't - a MJ-solo will be fine with me, very fine indeed.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 18:58

I vaguely remember some reports on Mick being in a recording session before the Stones 50th anniversairy, even Chris (Jagger) said something like that in an interview. I'm not quiet sure if that even was for SuperHeavy, but if not, he most probably cut some solo songs for an album to come out some time down the road.
But there were also reports on Keith recording with Steve Jordan, so maybe both Mick and Keith have been working on solo stuff. Wouldn't stop them from making a Stones record though, I think, since both have been saying they would like to do that in the near future and I'm just wild guessing that they have a depth of ideas and maybe even recorded song outlines from previous sessions (say ABcool smiley they could use.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 10, 2013 19:03

IF THEY WERE GONNA DO A STONES ALBUM,THEY WOULDA DONE IT BEFORE THE TOUR.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 10, 2013 20:09

This report has been on the Internet 19 hours and nobody else has picked up on it - doesn't look as if this is regarded as a reliable source.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:03

MrMonte
Things we need, starting from the bottom of the list and working up:

1. New Mick Jagger solo album
2. New Mick Jagger solo tour

Date: July 10, 2013 23:57

Green Lady
This report has been on the Internet 19 hours and nobody else has picked up on it - doesn't look as if this is regarded as a reliable source.

Nobody is interested in a new Jagger album and tour.
neither am i.

Unless it is a cd-dvd with the red devils, and a Jagger gig at the paradiso amsterdam.

however, i am fully waiting for the Keef and ronnie new solo albums. Maybe a Ronnie solo tour !!!

Jeroen

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 11, 2013 00:13

If they all start releasing solo projects, and specially if Jagger takes 2014 for solo touring, then the next hyde park concert may become historical...

On the other hand, this can be just a hoax and we're back to the european rumored shows thread.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 11, 2013 00:52

The trouble with Mick Jagger solo projects is that it seems a bit half-hearted, because you know he's only doing them to amuse himself in between lucrative Stones tours.

The further problem is that he began his solo side career way too late, at an age when The Stones themselves were verging on becoming too old to have big hit singles.

Is Mick a solo artist or is he a Rolling Stone? He can't seem to decide, and this gives him the suspicious status of a mere dabbler.

To be taken seriously, he should have broken up The Stones in 1970 and gone solo with no turning back; that way he would have established himself with a string of solo hits through the 70s while still young enough to score hit songs and build a solo catalog that people would still want to hear performed live today--like Paul McCartney.

Mick always likes to say that because he's a mature grown-up he's more than just a Rolling Stone--but commercially speaking, he isn't really, because he always flies back to the mother ship when his career needs a financial boost.

As overpackaged as they are, a greatest hits compilation by The Rolling Stones will always outsell The Very Best Of Mick Jagger hands down.

If he really wants to make a mature grown-up decision, he should just realize that his artistic prime of life was spent as a Rolling Stone, and that this is all the record-buying and concert-going audience expects--or wants--from him.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 11, 2013 00:53

I think as one final affront to Bill, they should release a Stones Cd of Wyman covers...of course no Wyman on the cover...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2013 02:42

stonehearted
The trouble with Mick Jagger solo projects is that it seems a bit half-hearted, because you know he's only doing them to amuse himself in between lucrative Stones tours.

The further problem is that he began his solo side career way too late, at an age when The Stones themselves were verging on becoming too old to have big hit singles.

Is Mick a solo artist or is he a Rolling Stone? He can't seem to decide, and this gives him the suspicious status of a mere dabbler.

To be taken seriously, he should have broken up The Stones in 1970 and gone solo with no turning back; that way he would have established himself with a string of solo hits through the 70s while still young enough to score hit songs and build a solo catalog that people would still want to hear performed live today--like Paul McCartney.

Mick always likes to say that because he's a mature grown-up he's more than just a Rolling Stone--but commercially speaking, he isn't really, because he always flies back to the mother ship when his career needs a financial boost.

As overpackaged as they are, a greatest hits compilation by The Rolling Stones will always outsell The Very Best Of Mick Jagger hands down.

If he really wants to make a mature grown-up decision, he should just realize that his artistic prime of life was spent as a Rolling Stone, and that this is all the record-buying and concert-going audience expects--or wants--from him.

and I don't care about any of that, I'd like a new solo album...more Wandering Spirit/Superheavy/Performance, less Let's Work/Goddess In The Doorway.

Date: July 11, 2013 03:22

treaclefingers
I'd like a new solo album...more Wandering Spirit/Superheavy/Performance, less Let's Work/Goddess In The Doorway.

Given Mick's track record, there's barely a 1 in 5 chance of liking his next solo effort.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:10

stonehearted
treaclefingers
I'd like a new solo album...more Wandering Spirit/Superheavy/Performance, less Let's Work/Goddess In The Doorway.

Given Mick's track record, there's barely a 1 in 5 chance of liking his next solo effort.

On the other hand, if we all generally end up in the middle, averaging our highs and lows, and he's had so many bad solo albums, he's due for an excellent one to bring him back to the middle on average.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:35

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GIGGLES WHEN BILL PERKS STARTS YELLING AT US????

calmer than you are Dude.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:41

billwebster
GetYerAngie

This would work! With Mick bringing in guests for harmonica duets, such as Sugar Blue, Toots Thielemans, David Bowie and Roger Daltry. Don Was producing of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 04:42 by triceratops.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 11, 2013 04:44

Munichhilton
I think as one final affront to Bill, they should release a Stones Cd of Wyman covers...of course no Wyman on the cover...

A photo of his best metal detector would do the trick.

Date: July 11, 2013 05:13

triceratops
Munichhilton

A photo of his best metal detector would do the trick.

Or a photo of one of his metal detectors with his name airbrushed out.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 11, 2013 07:44

The Red Devils album or another Wandering Spirit-like album - anytime! I don't need another half-hearted Stones album with second-rate material trying to sound like the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2002
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home