Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:22

Do you know if they still answer to calls to number 08448 240 300? It seems that they don't! Has anybody got info on this? Thank you!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:25

Torres
Gazza
Garbie
Thanks. Yes, I have everything ready but no confirmation from them (Frontgatetickets) that I can collect them there. Do they just print them again directly?

I am really disappointed. I am sorry to say that unless things change, this will be my last RS concert. I love to see them but I am not prepared to spend hours to secure tickets, hours to try to get them delivered (If I get them), paying a fortune and having no customer attention at all. No, this is too much.

It has bugger all to do with the Stones. Are they also responsible for the f**k ups for the other four BST concerts as well?

BST are basically doing much the same as what Ticketmaster UK have been doing for years. Its delusional to think these things only happen at Stones concerts.

I would feel exactly the same way as Garbie. People are paying considerable amounts of money, between tickets and travels, to see the Rolling Stones. They are a professional act who charge for their shows. If they can't find a decent promoter to organize their shows, it's their problem, not the customers. Ultimately, they are the responsible for the mess.

The fact that it happens with other concerts doesn't make it any better for the Stones. They hired these guys, well then face the consequences and deal with the responsibility. From a customer side, I wouldn't care if there are other mess-ups with other bands.

The thing is, people love the band so much that they forgive anything really, and sometimes can't see the reality. And you are admired that the media doesn't pick up on this, I think it's far stranger that the Stones themselves don't say a word about it.

The Stones are no more 'responsible for the mess' than Bon Jovi, Elton John, The Beach Boys, Jennifer Lopez, Lionel Richie and every other band are 'responsible' for it.

the only reason you 'dont care' about the other acts is because youre not going to see them. Which misses the point of the entire problem.

The whole festival is a complete clusterf**k. Every fan who has paid a ticket for this festival and who hasnt got what they paid for and who has been screwed around is in the same mess. Singling out one act for special treatment - good or bad - is nonsensical. Stones fans are no different to anyone else.

The only potential for vitriol at the Stones regarding this show is if they perform as if they're going through the motions (unlikely) or do an insultingly brief concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 15:16 by Gazza.

Date: July 4, 2013 14:27

johnnythunders
Update: Joe Sale at Barclaycard is now sending me new chips to turn my bands for the 6th into bands for the 13th. He is the only person I have dealt with throughout this whole sorry mess who seems to know what he is talking about and actually does what he says he will do. His email is [email protected] and someone should buy him a pint.

The bands are valid for all dates of the festival as far as I understand. Once they are activated and money loaded on to them you can use them at any time.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 4, 2013 14:56

Manofwealthandtaste
johnnythunders
Update: Joe Sale at Barclaycard is now sending me new chips to turn my bands for the 6th into bands for the 13th. He is the only person I have dealt with throughout this whole sorry mess who seems to know what he is talking about and actually does what he says he will do. His email is [email protected] and someone should buy him a pint.

The bands are valid for all dates of the festival as far as I understand. Once they are activated and money loaded on to them you can use them at any time.

I think johnnythunders is talking about the wristband that serves as a ticket for people who bought Tiers 1 or 2 plus Silly Bar.
Why they keep calling both of those things "paybands" I really don't know.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:05

with sssoul
Manofwealthandtaste
johnnythunders

I think johnnythunders is talking about the wristband that serves as a ticket for people who bought Tiers 1 or 2 plus Silly Bar.

That's exactly what he's talking about ........ and THOSE are accompanied by a lanyard thing that ties the band to one specific date. Those bands are purple, the blue ones are the ones that are NOT tied to a specific date and can be used across a number of days.

If in any doubt, call Barclaycard Unwind to explain these stupid bloody things, but that's my understanding of what they are and how they're supposed to be used. Whoever dreamt this s**t up needs to go away and leave us all in peace and never get involved in live entertainment ever again. As Gazza has so eloquently articulated elsewhere, this whole Hyde Park Festival has been a clusterf**k in organisational terms from the word GO !! Quite hideous !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:21

Did I just hear a mention of concert promoter on BBC news just now?

Date: July 4, 2013 15:26

crawdaddy
Did I just hear a mention of concert promoter on BBC news just now?

Don't know .......... DID YOU ?

Posted by: Stoffer ()
Date: July 4, 2013 15:33

I log into the BST-Hydepark site where I bought my tickets,
I can see that my two orders for the 13th have been shipped out the 24th of June..

I asked Frontgate when I can expect to receive them as I leave on Friday for the first gig.
They tell me it takes 10-15 days!!.. to get a letter from UK to Norway???
For the money I paid for delivery I can send a package to China twice as fast.
Is the 24th date just bullshit, or do they use some serious slow postal service?

JUL 03, 2013 | 05:55PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Your orders should be reaching you any day now. International deliveries have taken 10-15 business days.
If for any reason you have not received your tickets the day prior your departure
please let us know and we will arrange for new tickets to be held at the box office.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Date: July 4, 2013 15:34

with sssoul
Manofwealthandtaste
johnnythunders

Aah got it, this is turning into the 'Dazed and Confused' festival........!

Date: July 4, 2013 15:45

Just watching BBC London news and unfortunately not slagging off promoter.
Chatting to 'event organiser ' saying what a good job there doing. confused smiley
Anyone else see it?

Date: July 4, 2013 15:52

crawdaddy
Chatting to 'event organiser ' saying what a good job there doing. confused smiley
Anyone else see it?

NO, but er ............. "what a good job they're doing" did u say ? Are they taking the p*** ?

Remind me never to go another HP/BST event organised by AEG after this farce is over. I only hope that at the end of the day ......... the Stones performance will overshadow all this pre-show "agony" (which it what it has been for countless people including myself) that we've all had to go through !

Date: July 4, 2013 15:59

Anyone who wants to see it can watch it on BBC1 London news about 6 or6.30pm tonight.
You couldn't make it up really, could you. confused smiley

Date: July 4, 2013 16:04

Stoffer
I log into the BST-Hydepark site where I bought my tickets,
I can see that my two orders for the 13th have been shipped out the 24th of June..

I asked Frontgate when I can expect to receive them as I leave on Friday for the first gig.
Is the 24th date just bullshit, or do they use some serious slow postal service?

JUL 03, 2013 | 05:55PM UTC
Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Your orders should be reaching you any day now. International deliveries have taken 10-15 business days.
If for any reason you have not received your tickets the day prior your departure
please let us know and we will arrange for new tickets to be held at the box office.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

Well, if the Rolling Stones insist on using a quality promoter like AEG, and quality ticket vendors like Front Gate ......... then these things will happen !!

It's staggering, is it not ? So much for the internet age, in which life is so much easier and so much more efficient. YEAH RIGHT !!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:05

Facebook post:

BST Hyde Park added a photo from 4 July 2013 to their timeline.
As well the newly added stage times on our website: [bit.ly]

Link:

PAGE NOT FOUND
Sorry the page you were looking for cannot be found. Please visit one of the pages below.

yawning smiley

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 16:06

Stoffer

I beg your pardon?! 10-15 days from UK to Norway, that is utter BS! What are they using, horse and carriage? Or literally, snail mail.... No wonder I did not get my tickets then, supposedly to shipped June 20 (or more likely, June 24) for this Sat´s show.

Date: July 4, 2013 16:17

How to submit this story to the BBC:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:51

I got my actual paper ticket for 13th, (posted in UK to UK), on 29th June. Delighted. However a friend is still waiting for 6th July tickets, in his case, from Viagogo who infuriatingly aren't answering the phone, (at least within 90 mins anyway), or answering emails or providing any tracking info. No communication from them whatsoever and given that processing fees are excesssive there is no excuse for them not to pull in folk to process them. Viagogo or Viacantgo? Good luck to all waiting especially our friends flying in from overseas.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 17:59

CaptainGlassback
I got my actual paper ticket for 13th, (posted in UK to UK), on 29th June. Delighted. However a friend is still waiting for 6th July tickets, in his case, from Viagogo who infuriatingly aren't answering the phone, (at least within 90 mins anyway), or answering emails or providing any tracking info. No communication from them whatsoever and given that processing fees are excesssive there is no excuse for them not to pull in folk to process them. Viagogo or Viacantgo? Good luck to all waiting especially our friends flying in from overseas.

Woow i can't imagine what mess that must be for the Viagogo tickets !!!

Date: July 4, 2013 18:23

beepee2
CaptainGlassback

Woow i can't imagine what mess that must be for the Viagogo tickets !!!

Well, although I feel desperately sorry for people who are having difficulty "connecting" with their tickets, I personally have little sympathy for VIAGOGO and their like, so any additional problems for them (and their like) that this "failure to deliver by post" situation has created for them ......... all the better I must say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 18:28 by paulywaul.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:40

Sorry guys ...I'm catching up...do I need a "payband"?
And what the &^%$ is it?
I'm ticket in hand for the 6th Tier 3 GA

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 4, 2013 18:52

crawdaddy
Anyone else see it?

Yes I saw it lunchtime - to be fair, I think he was an on-site guy, as opposed to the ticketing guys. Mentioned they had turned the stage slightly "on advice from acoustic engineers" as Blur were too quiet last year - most importantly of all doesn't the weather look fantastic? Mick'll be throwing water!

Date: July 4, 2013 18:55

exhpart
Sorry guys ...I'm catching up...do I need a "payband"?
And what the &^%$ is it?
I'm ticket in hand for the 6th Tier 3 GA

No, you don't need a payband - only people who have Tiers 1-2 + Silly Bar need a wristband.
For everyone else it's optional. Just a quick way to spend more money on vendors at the park.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 4, 2013 19:02

In a matter of hours, now, I will be venturing unto London with my suitcase, and probably walking the entire perimeter of Hyde Park in a fruitless attempt to get my gummy band. I feel so exhausted before this show even starts.

LAST TIME IT WAS FREE AND THERE WERE NO BLUDDY TICKETS!!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 4, 2013 19:15

with sssoul
How to submit this story to the BBC:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Maybe also make authorities, police, etc. aware of this...
The last thing that they want is an angry mob... maybe they will pressure promoters

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 4, 2013 19:41

I picked up tickets to both Stones concerts this afternoon at the Northern entrance of Hyde Park.
Very clumsily writing this on my phone.

To receive tickets one must have order number, plus valid identification.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 19:50 by Witness.

Date: July 4, 2013 21:10

PDF LINK

The Events Team
The Royal Parks Rangers Lodge
Hyde Park London W2 2UH
Email: events@royalparks.gsi.gov.uk
To speak to somebody about your proposed event,
please contact: Tel. 0300 061 2066

Date: July 4, 2013 21:12

For all media enquiries, please contact:

The Royal Parks Press Office
T: 0300 061 2128
E: press@royalparks.gsi.gov.uk

For all non-breaking news, photo and filming requests in the Royal Parks, see Filming in the Royal Parks.

Date: July 4, 2013 21:26

The out-of-hours press officer can be contacted on 07977 004 542.

Date: July 4, 2013 21:28

crawdaddy
Anyone else see it?

Watched the same news this evening and a shorter and differant 'news story'.
I'm sure it was a differant guy interviewed and they actually showed the stage, from a distance, tonight. Nothing new to report .eye rolling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 5, 2013 00:47

Witness
I picked up tickets to both Stones concerts this afternoon at the Northern entrance of Hyde Park.
Very clumsily writing this on my phone.

To receive tickets one must have order number, plus valid identification.

Witness,

Are you a UK resident ? I am. I live near Swindon and upon finishing work at 6 plan to dash along the M4 and hopefully pick up an ordered but as yet unreceived ticket for 6th. I am absolutely desperate to get my ticket in hand so that I can camp out and get into Front of Stage with my T3 ticket.

I ordered my ticket online a week ago - My account said it was shipped on 6th but as yet no sign. Not good enough. I've emailed Front Gate to ask what's happening and as yet no response. ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS !!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home