Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:09

with sssoul
Thanks, AntoineParis. At least the clowns corrected themselves, after we splattered questions all over their Facebook pages.
It's really terrifying that a major bank is involved with all this.

I have asked the question before, but I'll ask it again ................

IS THERE A LESSON TO BE LEARNT FROM THIS DISASTER ?????

Anyone from [www.rollingstones.com] ?????????????????

Well if you ARE, and you're reading this thread and/or others related to this sorry state of affairs, then ON BEHALF OF THE ORGANISATION YOUR WORK FOR - NAMELY THE ROLLING STONES - CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS NEVER EVER HAPPENS AGAIN. FANS DO NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED LIKE THIS AND HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS KIND OF NONSENSE. PLEASE GIVE SOME SENSIBLE THOUGHT AS TO WHO YOU AWARD CONCERT PROMOTION TO, WHO SUBSEQUENTLY PERFORMS THE TASK(S) OF TICKET SALES AND DESPATCH, AND SO ON AND SO ON

Thank you .........

ONE fan, but representative of MANY !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 20:32 by paulywaul.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:54

Yes - and may I add

DON'T SELL PEOPLE SOMETHING AND THEN TELL THEM THEY'VE BOUGHT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Date: July 3, 2013 20:59

Don't say you have shipped anything before the tickets are actually sent...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2013 21:07

paulywaul

~*YEAH BABY!*~
Thanks for articulating that, Paul.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 3, 2013 21:14

I sent a mail with the link of this thread to the magazine ROLLING STONE (german version).
Hope, they bring this shit in their magazine, that these @#$%& will never do a promotion like this again...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:10

There are so many people involved, I can't believe the media hasn't picked up on this . .

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:12

paulywaul

+1, as usual.

Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:21

I've come from Melbourne, wont arrive til 2pm on Sat and have 7 friends waiting on tenterhooks.

Do I win a cake?????

How can this company do this??? I have never been to a gig in 30 years where we didn't receive the tickets six weeks in advance

I will be suing, what else is there to do

So sad......

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:34

I give up...2 days spending emails and calling with no answer. Tier 2 tickets not received in Spain as I paid for. Some days ago they told me they were not sending them, later, that they were already sent, now, they just dont answer...what a lack of respect.

I will arrive Friday night. Anyone know if just with my ID, invoice and Visa card I will get get them in the box office or do I need to get their confirmation first?

Thanks!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:39

Garbie
I give up...2 days spending emails and calling with no answer. Tier 2 tickets not received in Spain as I paid for. Some days ago they told me they were not sending them, later, that they were already sent, now, they just dont answer...what a lack of respect.

I will arrive Friday night. Anyone know if just with my ID, invoice and Visa card I will get get them in the box office or do I need to get their confirmation first?

Thanks!

Bring a print of emails too.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:41

Anybody with contacts at BBC News?

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:47

Thanks. Yes, I have everything ready but no confirmation from them (Frontgatetickets) that I can collect them there. Do they just print them again directly?

I am really disappointed. I am sorry to say that unless things change, this will be my last RS concert. I love to see them but I am not prepared to spend hours to secure tickets, hours to try to get them delivered (If I get them), paying a fortune and having no customer attention at all. No, this is too much.

RobberBride
Garbie

Thanks!

Bring a print of emails too.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:49

Well, I don't think you can blame The Stones for this unless Jagger was supposed to lick the stamps.

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 3, 2013 22:59

Dannyboy
How can this company do this??? I have never been to a gig in 30 years where we didn't receive the tickets six weeks in advance

Clearly you have never had dealings with Ticketmaster UK ..... eye rolling smiley

question about International Will Call -Tier 3
Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:40

the only information i got in confirmation mail: "International Will Call - 2.75
Will call only available for orders outside the UK. Photo ID and order number will be required to pick up any will call orders"
I received no plans
1) Where in hyde park (Underground station) is the entrance for GA Tier 3
2) Is "Will Call" goiing fast or do we have to queue long time for it?

Re: question about International Will Call -Tier 3
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 2, 2013 11:47

Good questions

Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:14

now some decent answers ;-)

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 13:43

Marble Arch? That is the main entrance from what I seem to have read.

Date: July 3, 2013 11:52

Dear Rolling Stones customer,

Your tickets are ready for collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, you can collect your tickets Wednesday through Friday this week at our Box Office in addition to the day of show.

As this is a sold out event, we strongly encourage you collect your tickets in advance of Saturday. If you must collect on Saturday, we STRONGLY recommend you come early in order to avoid significant wait times.

FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6
1. Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
2. FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 - 21.00.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:51

wtf... on Friday they stop at 13:00, the day they should keep it open until 18:00 for international travellers. Could they really be this incompetent?

Date: July 3, 2013 16:54

In the e-mail I received, it says Friday open until 9 pm.... Doubt that I reach it before that though. :-(

Date: July 3, 2013 17:04

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

FOR PICK-UPS BETWEEN WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5
1. Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
2. Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map during the following hours

Wednesday, 3 July between 10.00 - 18.00
Thursday 4 between 10.00 - 18.00
Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 13.00.

3. On Friday we will have dedicated collection windows for Rolling Stones Customers

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:07

Fred Rambler

1) Where in hyde park (Underground station) is the entrance for GA Tier 3
2) Is "Will Call" goiing fast or do we have to queue long time for it?

1) I dont understand your question. The entrance for GA3 is north east of the park, towards Marble Arch. The nearest Tube Station is Marble Arch.

2) Today it was going fast, there was barely no one. Who knows what it's going to be in the next days...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 3, 2013 20:12

Awesome, just got an e-mail saying the ticket windows will be open until 21:00 Friday night. Makes me wonder if somebody is paying attention. Thanks if they are.

Date: July 3, 2013 23:31

The 13:00 closing time was a mistake (in more ways than one) and they corrected it to 21:00.
That's for tickets without the Silly Bar.
Will-call for tickets with the Silly Bar is (last I heard) at the south entrance from 10 to 18.

What a mess ... splattered all over Hyde Park

Date: July 3, 2013 23:44

bleedingman
I wonder how many this has happened to. We only know about the posters here. The conspiracy theorist in me speculates that this was done purposely to avoid a stampede.

From what I see on BST Hyde Park´s Facebook page, there are many of us out there! Many have not got their Bon Jovi tix for Friday either. Worst mess I have ever experienced...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 3, 2013 23:53

LQ1977
bleedingman
I wonder how many this has happened to. We only know about the posters here. The conspiracy theorist in me speculates that this was done purposely to avoid a stampede.

From what I see on BST Hyde Park´s Facebook page, there are many of us out there! Many have not got their Bon Jovi tix for Friday either. Worst mess I have ever experienced...

Bloody hell, that is REALLY bad. It's Wednesday night at this moment, the Bon Jovi show is Friday night. Christ Almighty, it's a HUGE mess is all this. Now I'm beginning to wonder if or when my Elton John tickets for Friday 12th will turn up from the Ticket Factory.

Dear o dear, back to picking up the phone and calling them YET AGAIN. Really thought I was finally done with this shit after getting my 13th July Stones tickets today ........... but obviously not quite yet !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: July 3, 2013 23:56

Maybe some people would like to add comments here to direct the Evening Standard's attention to this mess: [www.standard.co.uk]

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:44

Got my ticket for the 13th July. Only ordered it on Monday grinning smiley thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 00:54

I live in Swindon, which, if you know it is 80 miles West along the M4 from London. I too, have yet to receive my ticket, despite their claim that it was shipped on Monday. Starting to get worried as I cannot leave work before 6pm on Friday.

Does anyone know if this collection window for T3 Holders that's open until 9pm on Friday night applies to UK residents as well as overseas ticket holders ? I'm very keen to camp out at the gate so that I can go 'right up front'.

I agree every single word of what everyone's said here, perhaps best articluated by PaulyWaul - this is a an absolutely shambolical disgrace by an organisation with past form. They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Why are they still in business ?

A concert that was anounced 3 months ago ? How much time do they need ?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home