Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rumours..Chicago, Detroit...??
Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 2, 2005 03:18

I know nothing is confirmed. Probability has Fenway as an opener in late August, Ronnie is saying September, rumours abound about Pittsburg, and everyone is convinced that Soldier's Field is in the mix.

My question is with so much being leaked, has anything surfaced about approximate dates for either Chicago or Detroit? I need nothig exact, LOL, but I live in the definition of Bumfuckia out here in the middle of the Pacific...and I have major travel plans in the end of August to Europe, and then from there to Heartland, USA. I would love to incorporate a few shows on that trip. I just need an end of the month vs beginning of the month idea. Anyone even have an edcucated guess? How about some empty dates for Soldier's Field? LOL, any one...anything???

Re: Rumours..Chicago, Detroit...??
Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: April 2, 2005 06:34

Do you know what venue in Pittsburgh the rumours are indicating?
"Bumfuckia"....I like it! Is it close to "BFE"? I remember where you live really Stephan!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 2, 2005 06:42

KaHoosier: The Coliseum.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: April 2, 2005 06:58

Marcia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you know what venue in Pittsburgh the rumours
> are indicating?

Marcia, I'm hearing Sharp Edge Beer Emporium in East Liberty. Yinz get outta here n' that! Or maybe Nick's Fat City! Aahron City to the first 200 in the door!

:-)

Karl (a former Pittsburgher)

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-02 07:06 by KSIE.

Date: April 2, 2005 07:06

HEY!!!! y'uns from Picksburgh?? My husband is from there and we lived there for awhile and they thought I had an accent. We have been to Nick's Fat City.
If you know "Picksburgh" do you remember the Decade?? Decadent!
There is supposed to be a new place "Carhops"...Joe Grushecky and the House Rockers??...they recently played with Springsteen for Flood relief or something of that sort. You mean EASLIBERTY. And how 'bout them "Stillers"?

Date: April 2, 2005 07:16

Yeah, I lived in the Burgh about 8 years. Shopped at Giant Iggle! Saw many shows at the Decade - what a bar! I saw the Ramones there in 1980 and drank about 12 Rocks while singing in Joey's face. Caught the Houserockers there a couple of times. Also saw the Strokes at Nick's! Oh man, I miss the South Side!

Saw No Security in 99 at the "Igloo". I was sitting about three rows from Tom Murphy! Maybe the best Stones' show I've seen. Have the video if you're interested.

I don't want to talk about the Stillers, I'm still recovering. Go Bucs!

Karl
former Yinzer

Date: April 2, 2005 07:40

This is hysterical to me...I bought the book "How to speak Pittsburghese"
Never mastered it, never wanted to, really...I like my "Lake Accent" (Lake Erie, Ohio) Did you go to Licks in Pittsburgh? We still go to the "Strip District" when we are in the area before the Holidays to get real Italian stuff and other ethnic stuff too, can't buy it here in this "WASP-Y" town
We know Joey G. really well, we owned a bar called the "Ribit" in Butler, just north of Pittsburgh..Joe and the House Rockers played there often in the 80's. Were you ever there???? Is was pretty "happening", as they say, back then. Little wild for this former Wesleyan (as you called it in the thread about the Pope) We wondered if Joe would be at the Licks gig in Pittsburgh and ironically he and one of the former members of the House Rockers were two of the first people we saw there!
Yeah, interested in the video.
SO you like the Stillers, but are upset 'cause they did not make it to the Super Bowl? We live in "BEN'S" home town. My husband taught him in high school and coached him as a freshman AND HE DID PLAY QB as a freshman!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-02 07:42 by Marcia.

Date: April 2, 2005 07:55

Marcia, Saw the Licks show too. Jesus, was it cold that night!

I'm impressed by your "Ben Connection"!

Email me at ksie@verizon.net with your address, I'll send you the video and a boot of the show. The vid is pretty good (is VHS Ok?) although it's single camera=amateur shot. The boot is an audience recording and suffers a little bit from the loud folks close to the recorder (Yinzers, I guess), but nice mementos anyway!

Karl

Date: April 2, 2005 08:03

PS: I saw a TV show on American dialects. They claimed that the major networks try to teach their anchors "Great Lakes" English. It's supposed to be the most dialect-free English (whatever that means).

So feel good about yourself, you're perfectly normal!

Karl

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 2, 2005 08:51

Marcia,

News on Pittsburg is at the Link below. A radios stations says the Stones are going to play at PNC Park on Tuesday September 13.

[p081.ezboard.com]

And hey Shattered, the Coliseum? In Fort Wayne Indiana where I grew up LOL? Do you have date to go with the venue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-02 08:53 by kahoosier.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 2, 2005 19:18

I think a real good guess would put the Stones in Philly shortly after the 2 Boston gigs, Aug 21&23 because they LOVE Philly and it is close enough to Boston. My guess is they'll do the usual East Coast leg: Boston, New York Philly, Pittsburgh, Hartford, I hope, and maybe up to MOntreal and Toronto, the to Chicago and points west. It makes sense to go to Canada after a handful of U.S East Coast gigs but they may do that leg totally separate.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 4, 2005 07:03

No word on the Coliseum. Maybe in Rome but not Fort Wayne. I'm going there end of this month and will find out for ya kahoosier.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 13, 2005 09:46

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A radios stations says the Stones are going to play at PNC
> Park on Tuesday September 13.

According to Stonesdoug, the Pittsburgh show will probably be September 28.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1694
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home