Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 12, 2013 18:57

Yeah, Japan too. smiling smiley
Mick said he would like play Hyde Park again soon, so we'll see.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 12, 2013 21:14

Stonesfan16
So we can guess:
Rehearsals in February
Australia in March
South America in April
Europe in May/June
Maybe Hyde park again in July
and maybe North-America in autumn

That would be a great stones year.

based on history, great guess.

We should all be with Ronnie at this point, hoping things work out. Nobody knows as of today. Ronnie is being honest. Sorry, but Ronnie's hope means more to me than your guesses.

Re: The Rolling Stones planning a 2014 world tour?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 12, 2013 21:51

Godxofxrock9
Ronnie Wood has revealed that The Roling Stones are planning a world tour for 2014.

According to The Sun, the guitarist revealed that the band will get together in February next year for another run of shows. The band's last gigs were in July this year (2013), when they played two sold-out headline dates at London's Hyde Park. However, a band spokesperson has revealed to NME that there are "no firm plans yet".

"While the big wheel is rolling we are going to capture it before it stops totally," he told the paper. He added that the band were overwhelmed by the reaction to their 50th anniversary gigs, which included their debut performance at Glastonbury festival. "Everybody had a smile on their face, which was brilliant," he said.

Last month (September 4), the band announced plans to release their Hyde Park gig on DVD and Blu-Ray in November. The film, titled 'Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live', will be released on November 11 and captures the band's full performance, a full two-hour set plus backstage footage. A live album recorded during the shows has already been released.

The tracklisting to 'Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live' is:

'Start Me Up'
'It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like It)'
'Street Fighting Man'
'Ruby Tuesday'
'Doom And Gloom'
'Honky Tonk Women'
'You Got The Silver'
'Happy'
'Miss You'
'Midnight Rambler'
'Gimme Shelter'
'Jumpin’ Jack Flash'
'Sympathy For The Devil'
'Brown Sugar'
'You Can’t Always Get What You Want'
'(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction'

Read more at [www.nme.com]

Funny, 10/16 of these tracks are on At the Max.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 12, 2013 22:59

bye bye johnny
The Sun tour "story" is rubbish. Hasn't stopped it from tearing across the interwebs, though.

What Ronnie said - to BBC Radio, not The Sun:

"Hopefully we're gonna rehearse again next year...next February." "There's a few offers on the table, but nothing concrete yet."

I think, that though it's all very vague and Ronnie only expresses a "hope", it is interesting, he mentions a concrete month (February) for possible rehearsals. So can we conclude, that they must at least have talked about rehearsal plans for that month, or why should he name this date?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-12 23:00 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Re: The Rolling Stones planning a 2014 world tour?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 12, 2013 23:23

jamesfdouglas
Funny, 10/16 of these tracks are on At the Max.

Really ? Oh my, what a disgrace

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 00:45

Wrong thread sorry guys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 00:46 by richie26188.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 13, 2013 03:08

Stonesfan16
So we can guess:
Rehearsals in February
Australia in March
South America in April
Europe in May/June

Theyve never toured on a relentless schedule like that before (well, not since Brian Jones was teaching himself how to play a dulcimer) and theyre certainly not going to do so in their 70s.

Is there some ruling thats been passed that I missed that a new tour has to start and end in the same calendar year?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 13, 2013 04:45

As a general rule of thumb: With news from The Sun, you are still in the dark.

Here is Ronnie talking on Planet Rock. This is the interview from which other "news" outlets have pulled quotes.

Ronnie also reveals that Charlie will be playing with his band on the afternoon of November 1 in the same building as Ronnie will be playing Blues Fest (after 10 p.m.). Ronnie mentions that Charlie may or may not sit in on drums that night, depending on whether or not Charlie will be up for it after his gig.

He also talks about the possibility of a Faces/Jeff Beck Group tour for 2014. Ronnie says he would love to do it, but Stones commitments come first, and he still has to see how plans for 2014 are finally scheduled.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 13, 2013 06:32

Gazza
Stonesfan16
So we can guess:
Rehearsals in February
Australia in March
South America in April
Europe in May/June

Theyve never toured on a relentless schedule like that before (well, not since Brian Jones was teaching himself how to play a dulcimer) and theyre certainly not going to do so in their 70s.

Is there some ruling thats been passed that I missed that a new tour has to start and end in the same calendar year?
Yes, it's the IORR speculation rule.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 13, 2013 07:37

Looks like it's a done deal then! Ronnie confirming it and Björnulf making it a sticky! I have a giftcard from a well-known ticket distributor for about $150. Hopefully it will cover the ticket cost at least...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 13, 2013 09:26

Ronnie didn't confirm anything, if you listen carefully--he said "hopefully" (twice) they'll get together for rehearsals in February, that's all. I mean, I hope they do too, and it does sound as if there will be more shows sometime, but certainly not a done deal.

Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 13, 2013 14:50

Report from El Diario, citing The Sun's "confirmation", says the Stones will return to Argentina in March 2014.

[translate.google.com]

Date: October 13, 2013 16:14

Aquamarine
Ronnie didn't confirm anything, if you listen carefully--he said "hopefully" (twice) they'll get together for rehearsals in February, that's all. I mean, I hope they do too, and it does sound as if there will be more shows sometime, but certainly not a done deal.
Maybe he says "hopefully" because he has as much knowledge about this as you or I.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: October 13, 2013 16:17

#petmoment #tiger in the recording studio loves a bit of #rockandroll #seeingred #stripes @mickjagger [t.co]

From Twitter.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 16:25

What does Mick in a recording studio??

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 13, 2013 19:06

Stonesfan16
What does Mick in a recording studio??

I think he's maybe doing some recordings for his brother' record, according to this:

Chris Jagger to release great new album soon #ConcertinaJack, with contributions of big brother @MickJagger. Highly recommended!

[twitter.com]

And on this 20 second preview, it seems to me that Mick is doing the backing vocals: [www.chrisjaggeronline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-13 19:14 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: October 14, 2013 00:56

Rokyfan
Aquamarine
Maybe he says "hopefully" because he has as much knowledge about this as you or I.

Well, exactly--he doesn't know any more than we do at this point.

Date: October 14, 2013 02:02

Aquamarine
Rokyfan
Aquamarine

Well, exactly--he doesn't know any more than we do at this point.
I guess he has confirmed that he is hoping they will get back together.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 14, 2013 02:33

After watching the BBC sweet summer sun! I get the feeling it's over.
Love em to roll again, but it looked and sounded final to me. If it does end, not a bad way to go. Glastonbury and Hyde park farewells would be hard to top.

Date: October 14, 2013 02:44

Well, it WAS final, in that it was the end of the tour. All tours end on that sort of celebratory, farewell-for-now sort of note. Doesn't mean they won't be starting up again at some point, though. winking smiley Didn't feel intense enough to me to be a consciously farewell-forever moment.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 14, 2013 03:10

I would love to see the Stones 2-3 more, before they stop performing live.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 14, 2013 05:37

In Feb of next year, we will know. They have to continue touring.

ron wood told nme band together in februari
Posted by: backofmyhand ()
Date: October 13, 2013 21:43

hope a europe tour
with mick Taylor on more songs
i will save money for it

Re: ron wood told nme band together in februari
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2013 21:47

Here is the link to the story :-

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 14, 2013 10:24

Rokyfan
Aquamarine

Of course Ronnie has more knowledge about this than the average IORR-reader. He is in the band! As a source you can't get closer than that unless you are talking to Keith or Sir Michael.
Much of the other 39 page rumour in this thread you can take with a pinch of salt though. Especially tabloid rumours and speculations from posters of sorts.
If Ronnie says that they will, fingers crossed, rehearse in February chances are quite big that they will actually do so!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 14, 2013 12:30

It was a done deal before...so let's wait and see. I should have been to Amsterdam, Bologna, Antwerp ....by now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 12:42 by Harm.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2013 15:46

Stoneage
Rokyfan
Aquamarine

Of course Ronnie has more knowledge about this than the average IORR-reader. He is in the band! As a source you can't get closer than that unless you are talking to Keith or Sir Michael.
Much of the other 39 page rumour in this thread you can take with a pinch of salt though. Especially tabloid rumours and speculations from posters of sorts.
If Ronnie says that they will, fingers crossed, rehearse in February chances are quite big that they will actually do so!

Hmm...I wouldnt be so sure. By and large, I doubt he's far off the mark. I do expect them to tour in 2014, so its quite feasible that they've put some date around February or so as a starting point for working together as Mick (film production) and Keith (solo record) will hopefully have their side projects out of the way by then.

However, Ronnie does have a bit of a track record of talking up projects and plans that end up having no connection with what actually happens - eg at the start of the Bridges tour telling a reporter that the Stones now planned to release an album every 18 months or so from now on and that theyd have a new one for 1999 when the tour ended(who puts out an album AFTER a tour is over?) - presumably the reporter was deaf and he said 'one album every 18 years' instead. Throw in as well his comment at the start of the Licks tour where he speculated that at the theatre shows theyd play an album from start to finish ('we could do things like have an 'Exile' night). There's a few other examples. God love him, its great to read that he's creatively ambitious, but when it comes down to making big decisions, he's a minor piece in the jigsaw. Unfortunately.

there was an interview with him in (I think) the Sunday times magazine a couple of weeks ago. When asked about the band's future plans, he effectively said he had no idea. His manager butted in and mentioned that there were offers on the table and that everyone will know more before the end of the year (I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the drift). Ronnie genuinely didnt know, it seemed - and she then re-assured him that this was in fact the case.

It sort of reminds me sometimes of that ludicrously staged scene at the start of Zeppelin's 'The Song remains the same' movie when John Paul Jones is walking through a field, someone comes up and hands him an envelope and he exclaims 'ah! Tour dates!' - he opens it and with a bewildered look says 'this is tomorrow!'

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 14, 2013 16:10

Deathgod
Love em to roll again, but it looked and sounded final to me. If it does end, not a bad way to go. Glastonbury and Hyde park farewells would be hard to top.

I can see why you might feel that.

There does now seem to be a more tangible acknowledgement in the band that it can't last for ever and maybe has to stop at some point.

But that's perhaps exactly why they'll want to carry on while they still can do it, and why we won't have too long to wait for the next chapter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 16:11 by Spud.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 14, 2013 20:22

Stoneage
Rokyfan
Aquamarine

Remember that the Ronnie is "the new guy" in the band...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 14, 2013 20:24

Spud
Deathgod

I can see why you might feel that.

There does now seem to be a more tangible acknowledgement in the band that it can't last for ever and maybe has to stop at some point.

But that's perhaps exactly why they'll want to carry on while they still can do it, and why we won't have too long to wait for the next chapter.

I think that they can do concerts until 2020 or something pretty well if there are no serious health issues and if the two greatest rock'n roll egos can deal with each other...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home