Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 7, 2013 23:22

DandelionPowderman
What part of "I JUST got some extremely good news" didn't you get?
The part where you didn't tell us what the news is.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 7, 2013 23:31

DandelionPowderman
bv
Just give them a break. They need 4-6 weeks to sell out a tour of 10-20 shows. Then you will get a few weeks more notice if you follow the news and updates on IORR. Enought to make plans and to cancel that boring holiday you did not want anyway. So if they give us a new album and delay the next act for a few months I can live with that. I am not greedy. But I do take what I get, and I live every day like it was the last. No regrets.

thumbs up

Then we are happy Again....

Date: August 8, 2013 00:35

sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

According to someone close to the band AND the Stones organisation, there will be studio work for several months, with an albun, and a tour in the spring/summer. This is not BS or speculation, it's from a very trustworthy source.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: August 8, 2013 00:41

That is good news. Hope they feel inspired and make a great album.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 8, 2013 01:04

A new album, followed by a tour. My, my, my would that be nice.

Stones, come back and play some more U.S. dates. I'm good for 5, or 6, concerts!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 8, 2013 01:37

BlackHat
I think a hot summers evening in Hyde Park is the perfect place for it to end. Let it rest and enjoy the legacy.

No offense, but stuff the legacy--the only time that matters is to other people after you're dead. When you're alive and can and want to play music, play music! If everybody else wants some nice neat "ending" to the band, come and play in my back yard and I won't tell anyone! Sheesh.

I take hope in the fact that there have been three pages of this thread since yesterday's HP2 "obituary."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 01:50 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 8, 2013 01:48

DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

According to someone close to the band AND the Stones organisation, there will be studio work for several months, with an albun, and a tour in the spring/summer. This is not BS or speculation, it's from a very trustworthy source.

Does your source also know if Taylor will be involved?

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: August 8, 2013 02:16

DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

That would be my absolute dream come true. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Then maybe start with Europe, the ROW, then back to Nth America.

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: August 8, 2013 02:57

Most of us who have been into the Stones for years know that we don't need any inside information to figure out their next move. We know that they will continue to tour, or at least play live somewhere, as long as good health permits, and of course we keep on coughing up the trump. As time rolls on and they are still around, with long intervals in between we can count on fresh material being released, so average it out they have 1,2 possibly 3 new albums in the next 15 Years. On the other hand from the great well spring of creativity and with Taylor in the picture, they may have an insane burst of new studio releases that they are sand bagging for a final stretch pay-out to go along with their back catalogue that will be marketed and sold many years after we are all off the planet. We are all very lucky to be on the planet at the same time as THE ROLLING STONES - THANK YOU GENTS, IT'S BEEN GREAT !!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 05:36 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 8, 2013 08:13

2120Wolf
Most of us who have been into the Stones for years know that we don't need any inside information to figure out their next move. We know that they will continue to tour, or at least play live somewhere, as long as good health permits, and of course we keep on coughing up the trump. As time rolls on and they are still around, with long intervals in between we can count on fresh material being released, so average it out they have 1,2 possibly 3 new albums in the next 15 Years. On the other hand from the great well spring of creativity and with Taylor in the picture, they may have an insane burst of new studio releases that they are sand bagging for a final stretch pay-out to go along with their back catalogue that will be marketed and sold many years after we are all off the planet. We are all very lucky to be on the planet at the same time as THE ROLLING STONES - THANK YOU GENTS, IT'S BEEN GREAT !!!

<<< We are all very lucky to be on the planet at the same time as THE ROLLING STONES - THANK YOU GENTS, IT'S BEEN GREAT !!! >>>

That's exactly how I look at it, and whatever else they do in their remaining time ....... so be it !! I hope it's more, but if it ain't .... it ain't !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: August 8, 2013 10:35

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

Like I said:
...as much as the theory is possible that they will continue touring in a couple of weeks or months or next year just because they have their reasons for doing so, it's also possible that they will not tour again this year or next year just because MJ has his reasons for not doing so.

It's all possible...and just interesting to observe what people might or might not do and why.
As interesting as a new leg of the tour and as interesting as discussing things when they continue in two years. Or just stop now without an announcement.
But I wouldn't say you are talking 'garbage or conspiratoric': grow up!

I know you said that, too...

In the rest of your post, in which you separated from the thread it should have been posted in, to get attention, you tried to cause a stir here at IORR by digging up old conflicts between Mick and Keith, as well as downplaying and ridiculing Keith's contributions.

NOT impressive, and luckily people here are smart enough not to take your bait (except for me, that is...) thumbs down

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:22

DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

Wow, that's great (if true)! How nice is to be wrong (talking about myself).

Perhaps a good old stadium tour in Europe? Let these riff raff arena shows go, and let the multitude in and let's have a party! Just like in Hyde Park, give me events, and I'm in!

A quick updated view according the these latest rumours: was it Wittness who said that probably Jagger might got enough of the nostalgia packages, call the Counting tour quits, and wants to put the band back to more "living" path. A new album and huge crowds... thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 14:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:35

and coming to Finland in november/december is a bad idea,,economy going down faster than ever,and on xmas time,very few would have cash to pay more that 150euro tickets.They would not sell out even Hartwall Arena for 300e tickets.
Next year(summer) is a better chance.

Posted by: rvfowler ()
Date: August 8, 2013 15:09

They've earned the right to do whatever they want to do. If they never hit another lick or sing another note we've had plenty. Whatever we get now is just icing on the cake. God bless em.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: August 8, 2013 15:14

Here's my theory..........

Studio work in the fall and new album around March

South America, Japan and possibly Aus/ NZ - mostly big shows in Feb / Mar / April.

Back to USA in May/ June to play the arena markets they missed last time.

European Stadium / Arena (depending on numbers) tour in July / Aug.

End at Wembley Stadium.

then again...............I've been wrong before !eye rolling smiley

I agree about Mick wanting to put a line under the anniversary tour and start anew ......it's his way of feeling "current"

sc uk

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 8, 2013 15:17

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

Perhaps a good old stadium tour in Europe? Let these riff raff arena shows go, and let the multitude in and let's have a party! Just like in Hyde Park, give me events, and I'm in!

A quick updated view according the these latest rumours: was it Wittness who said that probably Jagger might got enough of the nostalgia packages, call the Counting tour quits, and wants to put the band back to more "living" path. A new album and huge crowds... thumbs up

- Doxa

and could it be that the positive experience and response to "50 & Counting" has confirmed that the band may still have a little bit of future to augment its glorious past ?

or, The Water feels quite nice actually...lets go for a proper swim !

I do so enjoy wishful thinking ;^)

Certainly beats the gloomy nay-saying

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 15:18 by Spud.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 8, 2013 15:29

Yeah, it could be, Spud. But taking the latest turn of events - I take DandelionPowderman's words at face falue, and put his head into a guillotine afterwards, if it turns out a hoaxgrinning smiley - isn't it great to speculate between positive possibilities?

Of course, it could be - if we go more cynical - that they couldn't get the contracts (guarantee money) they wanted, and they needed to take some to rethink their future plans, which gave them spare time to do an album, but hey, it doesn't matter. I like the turn of events, be the reason whatever. But the fact (?) that they are up to doing new music, says that the scenario you, spud, brought in, can't be far from truth. At least it says that the band seemngly has found some creative spark, and enjoys enough of each other's company to come up with something.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 15:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:56

marko
and coming to Finland in november/december is a bad idea,,economy going down faster than ever,and on xmas time,very few would have cash to pay more that 150euro tickets.They would not sell out even Hartwall Arena for 300e tickets.

I think one concert would sell out with a price range from 100 - 600 euros from nosebleed seats to tongue pit, the economy is surely going down in Finland but there are still plenty of people doing very well in Helsinki area, especially in over 40 age group, among the younger people the economy is really bad.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:57

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

It would be just great if they would do a new stadium tour with a new album and with a really new set list!!!

The downside is that maybe we won't see Mick Taylor with the Stones anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 17:09 by rollingon.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 8, 2013 17:15

rollingon
marko

I think one concert would sell out with a price range from 100 - 600 euros from nosebleed seats to tongue pit, the economy is surely going down in Finland but there are still plenty of people doing very well in Helsinki area, especially in over 40 age group, among the younger people the economy is really bad.

I come from a country where the "free" income is drastically lower then in Finland, or even Spain (and the average children per middle class family is higher!). If a certain season is "free" of "Superstar" concerts, mega stars charging 120$ for PARK tickets can fill 30-50K people - even in today's economy. ALL changes if you have 2-3 other "classic showmakers" visiting the same season. 1 Leonard Cohen + 1 Depeche Mode in the same summer = not enough left in peoples pockets for poor ol' Mick & Keith. Today some 50-60-70 (cant tell exactly how much) of people coming to these "classic" concert events come since "thats the best show in town in the year to come". Any competition "consumes" from that basic pool of "lets go - it will be fun heard the MJ is still cool" people.

I went to quite a few "best hits" The Who concerts - arenas were full. No room for a cat. On the other hand I went to see Quadrophenia - Super great show from the musical aspect, but NOT sold out. A large amount of potential people would not come for less then a "best hits" show - even then only if its the only one in the near future. I havent looked on how this fall/winter looks in the West Europe events calendar, but it could indeed be that the sponge of money was soaked out of that piece of the pie (not the hardcore fans) so the Stones decided to back off.

BTW - Strangely The Who (PT & RD) also did a great NA tour in 2012/3, then a mini tour of Ireland, UK and small taste of France. They didnt push ahead into Europe. But then... with The Who they speak openly about being barely capable from the medical aspect to Rock & Roll... PT is performing against all doctors opinions and RD politely asks the crowd (its written on the screens pre show) not to smoke anything as he is allergic ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-08 17:18 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 8, 2013 17:28

DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

Dandelion, yer a good man.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 8, 2013 17:45

Doxa
Yeah, it could be, Spud. But taking the latest turn of events - I take DandelionPowderman's words at face falue, and put his head into a guillotine afterwards, if it turns out a hoaxgrinning smiley - isn't it great to speculate between positive possibilities?

Of course, it could be - if we go more cynical - that they couldn't get the contracts (guarantee money) they wanted, and they needed to take some to rethink their future plans, which gave them spare time to do an album, but hey, it doesn't matter. I like the turn of events, be the reason whatever. But the fact (?) that they are up to doing new music, says that the scenario you, spud, brought in, can't be far from truth. At least it says that the band seemngly has found some creative spark, and enjoys enough of each other's company to come up with something.

- Doxa

At this point, if they didn't get the 'guarantee' payoff, would that even deter them? They could shoulder that financial risk themselves I think. If, by not paying the middleman, they could make the same money AND reduce ticket prices, I think they'd have more people interested in tickets.

I think that argument is strong because they could reason that IF people are willing to pay close to $400 on average for tickets for the arena tour, surely a stadium tour in select cities at an average of $150 would do very well.

They could do some neat promo tie-ins like a free download code for every ticket purchased for the 'new album', or a free download of 'your concert' a week after the show.

Lots of unique ways to really sell it. I don't think they'd need the guarantee at this point, and could make even more money without it.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: August 9, 2013 22:09

On twitter, the official Rolling Stones account said that we have to follow Grrregory and so on. Maybe there are some things in work.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 9, 2013 22:22

Stonesfan16
On twitter, the official Rolling Stones account said that we have to follow Grrregory and so on. Maybe there are some things in work.
when was this, date..
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 9, 2013 23:12

corriecas
when was this

5 Hours ago

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 9, 2013 23:32

DandelionPowderman,
YOU ARE THE MAN, you know it, we know it, he knows it.

Keep on rocking man, you are one of the best posters on this board, and you have been for years. You always have something good, fun and informative to add. Thanks for that.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 9, 2013 23:35

Stonesfan16

Wouldn't make too much of that tweet. They send it weekly, on "Follow Friday" - #FF.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 10, 2013 17:26

paulywaul
2120Wolf

My thoughts exactly.

<<< We are all very lucky to be on the planet at the same time as THE ROLLING STONES - THANK YOU GENTS, IT'S BEEN GREAT !!! >>>

That's exactly how I look at it, and whatever else they do in their remaining time ....... so be it !! I hope it's more, but if it ain't .... it ain't !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 16, 2013 14:21

Ok.

December 12, 2013, Moscow, Russia, NSC Olimpiiskiy
The Rolling Stones

Tickets are on pre order
[www.rolling-stones-moscow.ru]

Well, the guys who post this info are not members of Nigerian Royal Family, they are Russians, so you can trust them to some extand... winking smiley

Date: August 16, 2013 14:25

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
sweetcharmedlife
DandelionPowderman

Does your source also know if Taylor will be involved?

No info about that, sorry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home