Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 6, 2013 13:16

RG
No 'Sticky' mention in IORR Forum means No European tour..?

Must be - no continuing tour.
Next tour is 55 and counting. See you in 2017.
Then I can spend my money on something else.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 6, 2013 14:00

RG
No 'Sticky' mention in IORR Forum means No European tour..?

No it means the thread is no longer serving its original purpose (rumors, news as opposed to speculations, wishes and theoretical arguments.)

Anyway: check the following dates/quotes from [stonesnews.com] last years news feed. Might give you a clue about the pattern of "how the next leg of a tour is being rumored/announced".

December 17 - What's coming up next?
What will happen next? Have this finally been the last Rolling Stones shows? Actually, I doubt it very much. Just remember, already before the Paris rehearsals all Stones were enthusiastic about playing together again. Much more so during and after the rehearsals.

Coming up next I expect the Stones to get some holidays with their families for christmas and the new year. Then, next year, they will meet again and decide what to do next. I think, some more shows like the ones we have just seen are highly probable for next year. But then, as always, nothing is official until the Stones themselves announce it. So for now, we can hope and must wait for the things to come... all signs so far give us good reasons to expect more of the 50 Years And Counting Tour!

March 3 - Countdown for Tour 2013 Announcement
Still unofficial, but we can consider the following as something like a pre-official state of facts: From all we hear, we can expect a few shows in the USA - not many, but some. Also, a gig at Glastonbury seems to be fixed - the band has already decided in favour of this. Although no further dates in Europe seem to have been planned so far, they are not impossible.

Now we just have to wait for the Stones-PR-crew to organize a nice and decent official announcement - it won't take long now. So let's look forward to see them hit the road again. Mick and Keith both will turn 70 this year and there are not many bands I can think of who are going on tour at that age - we indeed are lucky, really!

March 11 - Tour starts on May 2, More dates in Europe in winter?
The kettle is almost boiling now. The tour start is May 2nd, according to RollingStone.com. From almost everywhere we hear hints about dates and negotiations. No doubt, it's about time for all of this - shortly before any official announcement. Rumours fly high - for instance in Brazil, some magazine suggested the Stones would play at the opening of Palmeiras stadium - in 2014.

Also, in Austria, ticket seller eventtickets.at mentions a tour date in Austria during autumn/winter 2013. One of our friends got the information from them, that apparently a tour of 14 cities in Europe is planned and one of them at least would be Vienna of course. [thx LukasM !]

Whatever be the case - a tour streching from summer dates in USA to some Europe dates in late 2013 and even adding some dates more into 2014 is by all means a possibility - given that the boys stay healthy, we can look forward to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 14:02 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: August 6, 2013 22:53

Well that's what I heard...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2013 23:50

The latest rumours as of first week of August 2013 is that there might be no more shows for 2013. This might be true or not. More info to follow...

I did not want to communicate this info at first, when I got it some days ago, because it might not be right, but I have got this from several non-related sources now. It might still be wrong info, just some smokescreen, and there might still be shows this year, but don't wait up, it might be a long wait.

The reason why this thread is no more sticky, is twofold:

- Smalltalk with no real new info lately
- The whole thing might (or might not) be off

If you want to find this thread it is easily accessible through the link on the home page of IORR: "Great forum links"

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-06 23:54 by bv.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: August 7, 2013 00:03

This sounds very surprising as rumors seemed to be strong and with even Mick tweeting about finishing "this leg of the tour" in Hyde Park. sad smiley

What could have make them change their plans?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 7, 2013 00:09

bv
The latest rumours as of first week of August 2013 is that there might be no more shows for 2013. This might be true or not. More info to follow...

I did not want to communicate this info at first, when I got it some days ago, because it might not be right, but I have got this from several non-related sources now. It might still be wrong info, just some smokescreen, and there might still be shows this year, but don't wait up, it might be a long wait.

The reason why this thread is no more sticky, is twofold:

- Smalltalk with no real new info lately
- The whole thing might (or might not) be off

If you want to find this thread it is easily accessible through the link on the home page of IORR: "Great forum links"

If this turns out to be fact, I take this as bad news for more dates. It is my fear that the longer the layoff, the harder it will be to "gear up" all the of the main components. Ie, Charlie, Mick, Keith. With the 50th anniv now past tense, the significance of a new tour diminishes a bit. It becomes a different tour altogether, rather than an extension of the 5o and counting tour. The one game changer would be a new record. This would provide a solid "reason" for another new tour.

All things being said, if this turns out to be the end, so be it. I'm thoroughly satisfied having seen them 6 times on the 50 and counting tour.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 7, 2013 00:46

According stonesnews, the possible reason is the recording of a new studio album that will be ready for spring 2014 before starting a new World Tour...In my opinion this could be a good choice!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2013 02:20

Maybe this is it then? In their seventies they can't afford the usual two years off anymore. A new record: How on earth is that going to happen?
Well at least I can save myself a grand or two (travel, accommodation, tickets and expenses)...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 7, 2013 02:25

bv

Disappointing news if true, and a seeming change of plans.

Last month Keith told XFM "I think it's gonna continue, yeah", mentioning Europe later on this year.

[soundcloud.com]

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 7, 2013 02:27

Yep,the longer the layoff. The harder it is to get the machine going again. Could be it.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 7, 2013 02:29

Karlos123
This sounds very surprising as rumors seemed to be strong and with even Mick tweeting about finishing "this leg of the tour" in Hyde Park. sad smiley

He actually said it (rather than tweeted it), didn't he?

Date: August 7, 2013 02:36

@MickJagger, July 12

Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 7, 2013 03:26

I hesitate to write this as I try to avoid the "will they/won't they speculation" on this site as you immediately get shot down by someone or other who claims to know intimate details of the Band's plans. I have thought for some time that the 2nd Hyde Park show would be the final curtain.....I may be wrong of course, but to see Keith (and I know some will disagree) struggling for the 1st half hour and then being led off stage at the end by Charlie clearly upset makes me think that the tank has run dry. For me the circle has been closed, there is nothing more to prove, Glastonbury was a success (at least in the eyes of those who were there and not the TV armchair critics) and after 44 concerts I am content that I may not see them together as a single unit again. What I don't want to see is them going downhill and their musical legacy tarnished.
I look forward to more of Ronnie's intimate shows, with or without Mick Taylor, Charlie's Boogie Woogie with all of the attendant "guests" and hopefully some contributions from Mick & Keith. Those shows for me have been a privilege to go to over the last few years and I hope to go to many more of them, starting September 25th !!!

Satisfied since 1976

Date: August 7, 2013 04:08

bye bye johnny
@MickJagger, July 12

Looking forward to tomorrow's Hyde Park show. It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!

[twitter.com]

Oh rats, I thought he said it at the end of the show.

Date: August 7, 2013 04:12

He very well might have. Wasn't there, so don't know for sure.

But did see the tweet. ;-)

Date: August 7, 2013 04:12

Sorry for the double post, but--

chriseganstar
....I may be wrong of course, but to see Keith (and I know some will disagree) struggling for the 1st half hour and then being led off stage at the end by Charlie clearly upset makes me think that the tank has run dry.

eye popping smiley What the hell was this all about, first I've heard of it? He sounded fine in the videos I saw--this makes it sound like Charlie had to help the poor helpless old geezer offstage at the end. If so, an amazing disintegration since the previous week, when he was in great form!

Seriously, what's this about?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 7, 2013 08:08

He looked ok to me, maybe a lil sad

[youtu.be]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 7, 2013 08:23

Continue means more shows. Like always. They never said how soon. Plans for a fall tour has been there but may be other plans first. That's all. We all have plans. We all do change them at times. But we never quit. I have said again and again... If you want to see the Stones then do it NOW. Don't wait until the "next" show - it might not happen...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 7, 2013 08:55

bv
Continue means more shows. Like always. They never said how soon. Plans for a fall tour has been there but may be other plans first. That's all. We all have plans. We all do change them at times. But we never quit. I have said again and again... If you want to see the Stones then do it NOW. Don't wait until the "next" show - it might not happen...

Björnulf, thank you very much for this message. I was surprised when Mick Jagger said at Hyde Park 2: This is the final concert of THIS tour. However I felt that they may have made a short note decision for whatever reason and to release the pressure for expecations of further concerts.

Date: August 7, 2013 10:10

Deathgod
He looked ok to me, maybe a lil sad

[youtu.be]

Thanks for that--yes, he did look a bit sad (end of the final show?), and then he and Charlie went off with their arms around each other, which is very different from being "led off" as if he can hardly walk. "Clearly upset" wasn't "clear" to me, let's say.

And I agree with bv's advice not to wait until the "next" show. I will never understand the argument of "I'll pass on this tour because I don't like the setlist." How many more will there be??

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: August 7, 2013 10:21

this "news" don`t make my day, very disappointing, if it comes true sad smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 7, 2013 10:33

This is definitely a change from earlier plans. I'm guessing they're going to take a shot at a serious album while there's still physical product sold and people might still care. I think if they make something interesting they could attract lot of media and critical attention.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 7, 2013 10:48

A great new album would be awesome! I'm wishing for that too. Followed by a short touring schedule would be fine. Also I was puzzled by Keith and Charlie's stage exit. I was too far away to really see it but I sensed something was up. Anyone that can elaborate on this? I hope it's not the end.

Date: August 7, 2013 10:59

Well, check out the video Deathgod posted. I can't see that there's anything up, or puzzling?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 7, 2013 11:16

I was at the HP2 show and when I saw Keef leaving the stage last, after a final look at the audience, I had a feeling this might be the end.
Charlie was kinda waiting for him and they walked away together.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: August 7, 2013 11:52

Doc
I was at the HP2 show and when I saw Keef leaving the stage last, after a final look at the audience, I had a feeling this might be the end.
Charlie was kinda waiting for him and they walked away together.

Strangely I felt the same - but no so much because of any stage gesture: more cause the gig was great, atmosphere was great and we know that the Stones wont give many more (if any) outdoor concerts - which is what I like personally. When Keifs face showed smiling on the screen as the fireworks began I looked back into the crowd and for a second it resembled that famous Woodstock shot when Pete Townsend throws his guitar to the crowd and walking off stage while the "Ladies and gentleman! THE WHO" is said on the speaker and the crowd is seen cheering. King of a symbolic shot that caught the "end of era" moment. Felt sad for a moment, but thought its just me.

Anyway: dont know about exactly how Keith felt but listening to the few sentences Jagger says to the crowd during the 2 shows (on the ITunes download) one gets the feeling that... how shall we say? he king a speaks like an old man. Not the voice - more like the tone and approach. Cant explain exactly. My feeling. Tired even.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-07 11:55 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: August 7, 2013 12:17

As far as I get it, the change of plans is to record a new album before continue touring? So I guess you kind of misinterpret Keith face and stage gestures.

But besides that, I don't get why 50&Counting doesn't have legacy to continue without a new album. I'd like a new album, but I don't need new songs live. I think Europe deserves some 50-celebration-shows as well...Just touring the US and London is incomplete for me for a proper celebration. Touring Europe with 50&Counting and start recording next year would be a far better choice in my honest opinion.

Hope the new rumors aren't true and Europe get's it's tour. smiling smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: August 7, 2013 12:25

mailexile67
According stonesnews, the possible reason is the recording of a new studio album that will be ready for spring 2014 before starting a new World Tour...In my opinion this could be a good choice!

There must be some kind of clear reason / reasons if there will be no more shows in 2013:

- the recording of a new album
- rehearsing a significantly different kind of set list
- health issues
- some issues concerning their private lives
- economical issues

The band seemed to be in very good spirits in June so I think they are willing to do more shows if everything can be arranged in practice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-07 12:41 by rollingon.

Date: August 7, 2013 12:27

Karlos123
But besides that, I don't get why 50&Counting doesn't have legacy to continue without a new album. I'd like a new album, but I don't need new songs live. I think Europe deserves some 50-celebration-shows as well...Just touring the US and London is incomplete for me for a proper celebration. Touring Europe with 50&Counting and start recording next year would be a far better choice in my honest opinion.

And maybe the negative vibe caused by the high ticket prices + lack on new material (+complains by hard core fans) + a feeling that after the blast of Glastonbury and the 2 HP gigs the next step should be different, caused them to change plans towards your assumption.

Lets just hope it wont turnout that the British-English meaning of "Hyde" is the same as the US-English is for "Candlestick"... sad smiley

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: August 7, 2013 12:31

Imagine if shortly we get a video from Mick saying: "Hi guys, we were planning to tour Europe this fall, but we've been really inspired by the fun and success of this tour to do a new album. Yeah I know, it won't match exile, there will probably be a streets of love/fool to cry inspired song you can bitch about, and it's okay we still love you.. and your money... just kidding. Anyway, we promise we'll go somewhere with no palmtrees around or too many bars and do the best we can, and we can't wait to see you on the road next year. :-)"

I think it's the best sign possible for the future if they indeed take a shot at making a good album. NO way they would do that if they didn't get along and had the urge to keep pushing the limits.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home