Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
C-sucker Blues on YouTube Now
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2013 07:59

...watch it while you can.

Re: C-sucker Blues on YouTube Now
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 27, 2013 11:21

thanks!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 11:40

Running time a good 8 or 9 minutes longer than the version I have! Must give it a look, always loved this film, especially the Live segments

Date: June 27, 2013 11:59

IrelandCalling4
Running time a good 8 or 9 minutes longer than the version I have! Must give it a look, always loved this film, especially the Live segments

love the bits with stevie wonder

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 27, 2013 13:32

IrelandCalling4
Running time a good 8 or 9 minutes longer than the version I have!

That's cos there's a (not Stones-related) bonus at the end of the vid!
Duration of this version of CSB is 94'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 13:33 by dcba.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 27, 2013 13:40

That brief clip of All Down The Line is one of my favourite pieces of Stones footage, pure rock and roll energy and Micks totally into it.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 27, 2013 15:26

It's been up for at least six to eight months, hopefully Youtube just haven't noticed. grinning smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:10

still ill
That brief clip of All Down The Line is one of my favourite pieces of Stones footage, pure rock and roll energy and Micks totally into it.

correct!!!!
wyman's bass is amazing.
jagger on fire!!!
i also like the YCAGWYW rehearsal..taylor throwing stinging vibrato!!

the rest is mostly boring...

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:39

Yeah, the live segments in CS Blues are better than almost everything in Ladies & Gents.

I wish they'd make a whole new dvd of unreleased live material from '72-73 (with bonus offstage footage). That would be the ultimate vaults release, IMHO.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 27, 2013 17:56

and the rare golden jumpsuit - worn only in toronto, boston and philly - seen during the Rambler clips.

Date: June 27, 2013 18:17

I had never seen it from start to finish. Felt like I needed a shower after.

Date: June 27, 2013 18:56

Me I was impressed by the sleaze but also by the brilliance of it all. Robert Frank was as gifted as a film-maker as he was as a photographer.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 27, 2013 19:22

Time for an official release!!!

Date: June 27, 2013 19:32

The scenes with hangers-on shooting up, etc. were gratuitous and served no useful purpose. The quality of a lot of the footage was amateurish and poor. In my opinion, it was a lot of lazy and random stuff masquerading as "artistic". I half expected Renaldo and Clara to stroll in at any moment.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 27, 2013 19:56

71Tele
The scenes with hangers-on shooting up, etc. were gratuitous and served no useful purpose. The quality of a lot of the footage was amateurish and poor. In my opinion, it was a lot of lazy and random stuff masquerading as "artistic". I half expected Renaldo and Clara to stroll in at any moment.

Yes, but now an classic piece of history!

Date: June 27, 2013 20:05

71Tele

couldn't agree more. it's an awful movie. (but very interesting for hard-core fans... :-) )

"gimme shelter" is as close to perfect as we ever got in a stone's documentary (as opposed to concert movie), in fact it's one of the best RNR movies ever made.

The burying of C. Blues on the other hand was very adeptly handled by the Stones. The legend of the movie and some of its scenes served their reputation far better than the movie itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 20:05 by sonomastone.

Date: June 27, 2013 20:24

71Tele
The quality of a lot of the footage was amateurish and poor

No imho it was typical 1970's 16mm "cinéma-vérité"... but yeah you might debate how much vérité/truth you get from shoving a camera in people's face! grinning smiley

To me it still sounds fresh after 41 (!?) years and it certainly looks fresher than the awful and bloated "The Song Remains The Same", though CSB plays in a league of its own (as the Stones did in 72-73).

PS : does this cut has the image of Jagger snorting C from a switchblade? I always loved that shot! grinning smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 27, 2013 20:31

The live stuff is the only thing worth watching. The rest is boring, self-indulgant myth-manufacturing. Ohhh, drugs. Look, someone's cock - whose is it? Are Mick and Keith gonna kiss? But... fans eat this schlock up.

Anyone who wathes this.,.. then calls Led Zeppelin pretentious...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 27, 2013 20:32

sonomastone

The burying of C. Blues on the other hand was very adeptly handled by the Stones. The legend of the movie and some of its scenes served their reputation far better than the movie itself.

Very good point.

Date: June 27, 2013 21:12

Aquamarine
sonomastone

Very good point.

Agree

Date: June 27, 2013 21:22

71Tele

thumbs up

And most of all it's boring, very boring...

It's still a must-see - for the good stuff in there.

Posted by: coatsey ()
Date: June 27, 2013 23:55

What's the song at 1.22 ?

Date: June 28, 2013 00:36

Sounds like Jagger was working on what would become Fool To Cry.

Posted by: coatsey ()
Date: June 28, 2013 01:42

It's better than FTC. Sounds like it could have become something really good with a bit of extra work.

Date: June 28, 2013 02:19

dcba
71Tele
The quality of a lot of the footage was amateurish and poor

No imho it was typical 1970's 16mm "cinéma-vérité"... but yeah you might debate how much vérité/truth you get from shoving a camera in people's face! grinning smiley

To me it still sounds fresh after 41 (!?) years and it certainly looks fresher than the awful and bloated "The Song Remains The Same", though CSB plays in a league of its own (as the Stones did in 72-73).

PS : does this cut has the image of Jagger snorting C from a switchblade? I always loved that shot! grinning smiley

it shows him preparing but cuts away just before he puts it up to his nose.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 28, 2013 05:06

I saw this once. Except for the live segments, it was so dull it was painful. I remember thinking - how can anyone make a movie so boring about the Stones?

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 28, 2013 05:36

I think that it shows very well how life on the road could be boring, and that's what is good about the film - say, 2 or 6 hours travel and downtime in between gigs (depending upon where they where), an hour plus on stage, backstage waiting beforehand, and some time for sleep & food (or whatever) in between. It is a good documentary. At the end the overall feel of the film doesn't leave the viewer with a great deal of comfort for the lifestyle (I am not knocking it, just sayin'). I sort of equate it with the travelling bluesmen of the past though in a modern (at the time) period 70's style, but then of course for The Stones the rest is history......and the hard work of all of those early tours has made handsome returns for their later career (and I don't want to get into an argument about their wealth here - they did it, and the fact of the matter is that they earned it)

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:03

Some of the people here giving CS Blues the thumbs down just don't get it IMHO. The movie is a masterpiece, a work of art by one of the 20th century's most famed photographers. It is not just about the Stones but about life in America in 1972. If you watch it as that it is brilliant. If you just watch it to see the Stones well, then, you are kind of missing the point.

Date: June 28, 2013 09:16

tornnfrayed
Some of the people here giving CS Blues the thumbs down just don't get it IMHO. The movie is a masterpiece, a work of art by one of the 20th century's most famed photographers. It is not just about the Stones but about life in America in 1972. If you watch it as that it is brilliant. If you just watch it to see the Stones well, then, you are kind of missing the point.

There is nothing to "get". Except for the inspired musical numbers and some of the backstage stuff with the actual Rolling Stones. it's a load of pretentious home movie shite. It's not even real cinema verite, it's people performing sordid empty acts for the camera. These people are not interesting. They are pathetic. Certainly not worth filming. The editing is crap too. That undressing of that woman on the plane is whatever the opposite of erotic is. And scenes of stupid junkies shooting smack? Give me a break. It's hardly "life in America", it's a bunch of bored hangers-on living in a bubble of entitlement desperately and pathetically trying to get off. This movie manages to make sex and drugs boring, and tries to do the same with rock & roll (fortunately the Stones in '72 are too good for that). Masterpiece? More like masturbation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-28 09:18 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:20

71Tele
tornnfrayed

There is nothing to "get". Except for the inspired musical numbers and some of the backstage stuff with the actual Rolling Stones. it's a load of pretentious home movie shite. It's not even real cinema verite, it's people performing sordid empty acts for the camera. These people are not interesting. They are pathetic. Certainly not worth filming. The editing is crap too. That undressing of that woman on the plane is whatever the opposite of erotic is. And scenes of stupid junkies shooting smack? Give me a break. It's hardly "life in America", it's a bunch of bored hangers-on living in a bubble of entitlement desperately and pathetically trying to get off. This movie manages to make sex and drugs boring, and tries to do the same with rock & roll (fortunately the Stones in '72 are too good for that). Masterpiece? More like masturbation.

yep..and it's still boring no matter which way you look at it...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home