Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick's Obama joke gets traction
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 25, 2013 08:07

Wonder if the fact that the mere mention of Obama's name draws boos (per a friend at the show) will make news - video...?

[twitchy.com]

Re: Mick's Obama joke gets traction
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 25, 2013 09:15

Fingerprint File.

Snowden should get a medal.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 09:48

hbwriter
Wonder if the fact that the mere mention of Obama's name draws boos (per a friend at the show) will make news - video...?

[twitchy.com]

If terrorist Bill Ayers ghostwriting Obama's memoir DREAMS FROM MY FATHER was kept wilfully under the radar by the press—despite evidence by Jack Cashill and an admission by Ayers himself—this too will be kept under the radar.

Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: June 25, 2013 12:49

Risky thing to say. Now watch Jagger being audited by the IRS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 12:50 by MitchSeaGull.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 25, 2013 12:54

Sad fact but a very good joke.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 25, 2013 13:08

Good on ya Mick!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2013 13:11

....yeah good gentle under the radar one Mick .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Fuman2 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 13:23

Title5Take1
hbwriter

[twitchy.com]

If terrorist Bill Ayers ghostwriting Obama's memoir DREAMS FROM MY FATHER was kept wilfully under the radar by the press—despite evidence by Jack Cashill and an admission by Ayers himself—this too will be kept under the radar.

If you only use Cashill’s musings as a hypothetical which, if true, suggests all the unsavory things you already believe about Obama, then you’ve fully embraced the Cashill Doctrine. What do I mean by that?

If you deconstruct Cashill’s name, you’ll find that it contains the words “cash” and shill.” “Cash” refers to paper bank notes which, in more robust times, could be exchanged for goods or services. A “shill,” according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is “one who poses as a disinterested advocate of another but is actually of the latter’s party; a mouthpiece, a stooge.” It goes without saying that shills often shill for cash, but in this case, I think we can say the shill’s shilling for cash and attention.

[www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2013 14:30

Hardly newsworthy, to be honest.

Unless you've had a sense of humour bypass, it was a funny bit of satire, but if they wanted to add a bit of bite to the proceedings they really should have found a way to rehearse and play 'Fingerprint File'.

Then again, a bit of tongue-in-cheek stuff like that would be too traumatic for the easily offended.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 25, 2013 14:43

Mick has had some really really funny one liners these last 15 stops. I have had several good laughs at some of his one liners. I forget them now, but a couple of them almost had me wondering if he had hired a comedy writer. He has been tossing out some quality, topic of the day, zingers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 14:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:03

I guess the NSA spotted that.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:21

hbwriter

[twitchy.com]

Hard to know if the boos were at Obama or the jab at Obama. Though as satire goes, it was pretty gentle.

Stay out of politics at shows, though, please, Mick. You can say whatever you like in interviews.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:35

Its not politics. Its satirical humour. Thats the point.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:48

I was there last night...his comment was no big deal....don't read anything into it.

Date: June 25, 2013 15:58

He's no Bill Hicks.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:26

It is quite funny - nothing political here especially knowing that Mick is active supporter of Obama

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:27

proudmary
It is quite funny - nothing political here especially knowing that Mick is active supporter of Obama

Another reason to love Mick.

Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:36

Aquamarine
hbwriter

[twitchy.com]

Hard to know if the boos were at Obama or the jab at Obama.

Do you really think the crowd was booing Jagger? Young people are really angry at all the NSA surveillence, makes 1984 look like a Sunday School Picnic.

Date: June 25, 2013 17:14

Aquamarine
hbwriter

[twitchy.com]

Hard to know if the boos were at Obama or the jab at Obama. Though as satire goes, it was pretty gentle.

Stay out of politics at shows, though, please, Mick. You can say whatever you like in interviews.

i don't think there are many crowds today - especially the sort of upscale crowd at a stones show - that would boo out of protection of obama -

Date: June 25, 2013 17:47

RockinJive
proudmary

I'm not aware that Mick voiced such a strong support for the warmonger who trampled the most basic amendments and human rights. Even if he did... what does jagger know about the real world ?

Date: June 25, 2013 18:00

beepee2
RockinJive
proudmary

I'm not aware that Mick voiced such a strong support for the warmonger who trampled the most basic amendments and human rights. Even if he did... what does jagger know about the real world ?

Mick is an "active supporter of Obama"? Care to cite?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:02

Imho Mick, much like Dylan, supported the O thinking he couldn't be worse than Bush Jr... I bet they both really regret their support.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:06

hbwriter, I'm not so sure about the booing. I was there last night and I didn't hear it, so if it was there, it couldn't have been very many people.

As for Mick being an Obama supporter, the only thing I remember him doing publically is attending some Obama fundraiser thing that L'Wren was involved in last year.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:33

latebloomer
hbwriter, I'm not so sure about the booing. I was there last night and I didn't hear it, so if it was there, it couldn't have been very many people.

As for Mick being an Obama supporter, the only thing I remember him doing publically is attending some Obama fundraiser thing that L'Wren was involved in last year.

hbwriter, that's what I meant - I thought it was more his thing than L'Wren'

Date: June 25, 2013 18:37

beepee2

Obama is the same as Bush.. they just changed the packaging.

War war war.

I remember when rock musicians used to be opposed to all that.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:54

Snowden is slime who is looking for fame and forune under the guise of being a whistle blower. Trust me, that cat doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:58

The Stones played the White House AT OBAMA'S REQUEST, so I'm guessing Mick's politics line up with the Democratic Party pretty much. And I'm sure the comment meant little, and Obama no doubt laughed when he heard about it. It was just a topical thing to say while in D.C.....no biggie.

Date: June 25, 2013 18:58

ronkeith72
Snowden is slime who is looking for fame and forune under the guise of being a whistle blower. Trust me, that cat doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Yes, he gave up future wife, family and friend, and a 150k salary in Hawai, for a life on the run, with a constant risk of ending up locked up without proper trial like Bradley Manning, he is really is such an opportunist !!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:11

hbwriter

[twitchy.com]

In case the link stops working, that's what he said :

Mick Jagger zinger at Verizon Center: "I don't think President Obama is here tonight... But I'm sure he's listening in."

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:20

I understand people being involved in politics but never understood why people give a rats rear what politician any particular celebrity supports. I don't really care if Mick is an Obama guy or not but his poke at The Pres shows he is smart enough to realize both the left and the right have plenty of big targets to poke fun at.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home