Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Waddy Wachtel Documentary
Posted by: KingOfTheSidemen ()
Date: July 4, 2013 02:50

Hi, all-
We uploaded another SNEAK PEEK from the film, an excerpt about the amazing durmmer Phil Jones (Tom Petty- "Full Moon Fever" ). Check it out here on the Kickstarter page: [www.kickstarter.com]

Stay tuned for more sneak peeks from the film of Waddy, Keith Richards and Bernard Fowler, more info, and awesome never-before-seen photos donated by fans like you. Check for the photos on the KING OF THE SIDEMEN Facebook page: [www.facebook.com]

Please pledge your support!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 4, 2013 03:20

KingOfTheSidemen

Please pledge your support!

You got mine todaysmiling smiley

Date: July 4, 2013 08:40

Mine too.

Date: July 4, 2013 20:05

We added some new ultra- rare photos from the Documentary to our Facebook Page.
Here's one of Waddy with Keith Richards and Bernard Fowler on stage at The Joint in Los Angeles:
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-04 20:06 by KingOfTheSidemen.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: July 4, 2013 23:00

...glad to have pledged smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2013 23:52

We have posted another SNEAK PEEK from the film featuring Waddy and Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics. Check it out on the KICKSTARTER page.

[www.kickstarter.com]

We only have 15 days to go and we need your help to for this film to be made. Please make a pledge NOW!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 14, 2013 22:09

Great project, Waddy is one of my favorite guitarists. I love his stuff with Warren Zevon and everyone else for that matter.

Date: July 19, 2013 09:26

Hello all,

Quick update about the Waddy Wachtel documentary. We've still got time left to raise the funds necessary to move forward with this film. Here's a short message from Waddy, playing a tune from Keith's "Talk is Cheap" X-Pensive Winos first record. Also, cool sighting in LA. Ivan Neville, a X-Pensive Winos alum, sat in with Stanton Moore, New Orleans drummer extraordinaire (plays in his own trio and with the band Galatic) who is doiong a month-long residency (every Wednesday) in July at a club called The Mint. He does a drum clinic, then a jam session. He was joined by Ivan and another keyboardist on a Hammond B3. Ivan did two sets with him. Cool way to spend a Wed eve.

[vimeo.com]

If you feel so inclined, we could definitely use your support on kickstarter. Here's the link again. Thanks to all who have donated so far!

[www.kickstarter.com]

Date: July 23, 2013 18:25

It's the last day of our KICKSTARTER Fundraiser and we still need your support!
Thank you for all of your contributions- but if we don't make our goal, your money will be refunded and we will get nothing.

We need an ANGEL to help save us so this film can be made.

Please make a pledge!

[www.kickstarter.com]

Thank you!!!!!

Rolling Stone Article on Waddy Wachtel Doc featuring Keith!
Date: July 24, 2013 19:15

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Waddy Wachtel Doc featuring Keith!
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 24, 2013 23:02

Congrats on making the goalsmileys with beer

Re: Rolling Stone Article on Waddy Wachtel Doc featuring Keith!
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 25, 2013 02:46

+1 Congratualations!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 03:51

ChrisM
Looks to to be a cool project. I've been a Waddy fan since hearing his playing on "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" way back when. A great track amongst the many his has done!

Yes! That was my introduction. I didn't know anything about the Stones or what 'Stonesy' meant, but I knew I loved that guitar on my sister's Linda Ronstadt Simple Dreams album. I had just started to learn to play guitar, and I bought the chord book to that album. I remember learning the chords to Maybe I'm Right and realizing that picking was just a matter of literally picking the notes in the chord (at least it was a start)...It was an epiphany.
Before Keith, it was Waddy. And that (Linda's Tumbling Dice) eventually led me to the Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-25 03:55 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home