Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates
Posted by: LookoutMountain ()
Date: June 25, 2013 11:52

DandelionPowderman
Acoustic now??

First inaudible, then playing too much, then the Strat and now acoustic...

eye popping smiley versatile!

Date: June 25, 2013 12:21

I thought it was great! not the best i've seem (id give that to Baltimore 2006), but it was the best sounding. Louder than expected and you could hear Keith and Ronnie really well. Charlie too. Emotional Resuce did fall apart early in the song, by the end it was alright. Never seen Worried about you, so that was a treat for me.
Good seats on Keiths side. Very happy with the show. Got home at 3:30am in time for work

Date: June 25, 2013 12:43

Fixembones
Very different show compared to Philadelphia number two. 2 1/2 hours nearly perfect. Tonight was much much shorter and something odd sounding guitars at times. I guess the sticky on this forum about MT playing on more songs did not work. sad smiley

He too has odd-sounding guitars at times smiling smiley

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 25, 2013 12:45

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
Are people complaining over WAY and SFM??

There seems to be no depths to which the complainers and whiners will go to complain and whine about anything and everything. Whats next?, bitching and whining about Keith saying "it is good to be here, it is good to be anywhere"?

There was a thread devoted to whining about Keith saying "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere" in Philly. Really. I can't make this up.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 25, 2013 12:52

Gimme Shelter:

Brown Sugar:

You Can't Always get What You Want:

Street Fighting Man:

Paint It Black:

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 25, 2013 14:51

Amazing clips ! Thanks for posting. Looks like Keefs band tonight.

Date: June 25, 2013 15:20

SFM - wow! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:26

Some of my shots

Date: June 25, 2013 15:29

Great shots thumbs up

That Mick and Keith-pic is awesome!

Posted by: steini ()
Date: June 25, 2013 15:52

Excellent shots that you got latvianinexile! Yeah the Mick and Keith picture is the best íve seen from this tour. Also i´m very found of the Bobby Keys photo.

Thanks!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:04

Mick and Keith together in final bow??!!

Is that Mick's hand on Keith's shoulder?

Nice pics, thanks, latvianinexile.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 25, 2013 16:07

And where is Keith placing his hand? winking smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:08

Wow what a performance of SFM! I forgot just how fast that one is. Ronnie's arm is strumming so fast it looks like it could fall off. Mick and Charlie are on full blast too. Lucky for them it was only 4min. Very cool.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:33

What a great show. The audience was loud and rocked very hard. I had a blast, couldn't asked for more; met Winter in the pit, great guy. Love my Stones even more now, if that was even possible, after 37 years of listening to them. I just hope they don't stop!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: dcfan1 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:43

Overall, the concert was better than I expected. It is clearly autumn for the Stones but they can still pull it off. Mick J's physicality and consistency is amazing. Keith stepped up to the plate with leads more than I thought. Overall, they were having lots of fun and it was a priviledge to be at the last concert of the tour, and see Mick Taylor with the band to boot.

However, does anyone who was there think Mick Taylor seemed a bit off during the performance? Midnight Rambler lacked the fire I saw on videos from the earlier concerts, and I was a bit surprised that on Satisfaction he came out with an acoustic guitar and just strummed along, rather than really participating.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:44

I had to laugh last night when Ronnie messed up the IORR start. Mick and Keith put their arms around each other's shoulders for a brief moment, trying to figure out what to do. Guess it takes Ronnie screwing up for everyone to get some glimmer togetherness.

The concert was good, not as great as Philly 2, but still excellent and the loudest of the three concerts I've seen. Mick did seem a bit tired at times, and I wondered if the heat was bothering him. It was very hot in the building, and I could see that Keith was sweating. Got lousy seats to start, but my new best friend the usher Rico, helped get us moved down to 110 right before the show started.

Great way for me to end this tour, I was able to take my other two children, so now all the latebloomers have seen the Rolling Stones. Something special they can remember their mother by...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 16:50

latebloomer
I had to laugh last night when Ronnie messed up the IORR start. Mick and Keith put their arms around each other's shoulders for a brief moment, trying to figure out what to do. Guess it takes Ronnie screwing up for everyone to get some glimmer togetherness.

The concert was good, not as great as Philly 2, but still excellent and the loudest of the three concerts I've seen. Mick did seem a bit tired at times, and I wondered if the heat was bothering him. It was very hot in the building, and I could see that Keith was sweating. Got lousy seats to start, but my new best friend the usher Rico, helped get us moved down to 110 right before the show started.

Great way for me to end this tour, I was able to take my other two children, so now all the latebloomers have seen the Rolling Stones. Something special they can remember their mother by...

That's cool,latebloomer! I wish I could take all of mine

Date: June 25, 2013 16:58

The two SFMs I've heard on this tour so far have been nothing but excellent. Should definitely be a staple in the setlist! thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:01

latebloomer

sounds like a great time, latebloomer.

my kids don't like the Stones. where have I gone wrong..

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:07

Hey, I made the FOX5 news last night and this morning.
What a great memory!

Date: June 25, 2013 17:09

Except for my son the guitar player, my kids aren't big fans of the band either, Duke. But, they are always up for a concert and for the $85 price we figured we'd take them. Hopefully, now they at least have an appreciation for why their mother is such an obsessive fan.

Proudmary, I'm not sure where you live, but I hope you do get to take your children someday. It's an essential part of their education. grinning smiley

Date: June 25, 2013 17:11

Christopher
What a great memory!

Sorry I missed you guys last night Christopher, I was thinking about you all in that downpour. I'll check out the FOX5 online feed, what story were you in?

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:19

SO...of course my 25-year-old niece and her fiancee got crap tix practically behind the stage on the top level for their first--and last--Rolling Stones concert. Don't know why I thought they'd be lucky with the $85 tix--good luck NEVER happens in my family.

They were completely underwhelmed and left during 'Satisfation.' Wonder what the hell I've been raving about all these years--but they couldn't see anything.

Thanks, Stones. Thank you so much. Forty-five years of fandom paid off nicely as usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 17:39 by ZantiMisfit.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:31

Thanks, latvianinexile - your photos are fantastic

Date: June 25, 2013 17:43

latebloomer
Christopher
What a great memory!

Sorry I missed you guys last night Christopher, I was thinking about you all in that downpour. I'll check out the FOX5 online feed, what story were you in?

if its any consolation my family is the same.. simply no luck but bad luck... between health problems, jobs lost, money stolen the last few years have been brutal....and yeah my $85 in philly was the second row from the back....

man now i'm down!

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 17:46

Hey Latvian,
great shots, thank you!

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:06

Reading the reports and seeing the setlist etc, my guess is this is not indicative of what the Stones final US show ever will be.

I predict an MSG stand around Keith's BD, with some Fall stadiums that follow the warm weather before hand, I.E.

Late Oct - Dallas, Atlanta, Buffalo, Houston, Camp Randall WI, PNC Pitt, New Orleans

Nov- Florida, Sun Devil Stadium PHX, Rose Bowl LA, At&T SF, Seattle/Vancouver

Just a guess

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:07

Thanks for all the great reviews, pictures and videos. Looking forward to Hyde Park

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:17

rollmops
What a great show. The audience was loud and rocked very hard. I had a blast, couldn't asked for more; met Winter in the pit, great guy. Love my Stones even more now, if that was even possible, after 37 years of listening to them. I just hope they don't stop!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Great show and great to finally meet a fellow IORR-ian at a show, meeting rollmops and his partner-in-crime down in the pit. I think latvianinexile was right behind us.

Great distortion on the guitars (a crucial element missing from the 1989-2003 Stones' shows), and keith and mick laughing at ronnie who refused to stop IORR so keith could re-do his intro riff. Emotionally resonant moments: being ushered to the side table wordlessly which we knew meant we had gotten pit tickets, GOMC with keith, ronnie and mick all 15 feet away, the IORR re-start, SFM, YGTS, Watching Taylor amble out for MR, the choir on YCAGWYW, and keith spending an unusual ammount of time over in front of us on ronnie's side. We left the pit as Satisfaction started and paused at the top of the stairs to turn and pay our respects one more time before heading out into the night. More thoughts after work.

A funny rib-poke from Mick: saying that "Obama wasn't here tonight, but I'm sure he's listening in". Perfect opportunity to pull out Fingerprint File, but that would have been too awesome to handle on the heels of SFM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 18:35 by winter.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:29

MizzAmandaJonez
Reading the reports and seeing the setlist etc, my guess is this is not indicative of what the Stones final US show ever will be.

I predict an MSG stand around Keith's BD, with some Fall stadiums that follow the warm weather before hand, I.E.

Late Oct - Dallas, Atlanta, Buffalo, Houston, Camp Randall WI, PNC Pitt, New Orleans

Nov- Florida, Sun Devil Stadium PHX, Rose Bowl LA, At&T SF, Seattle/Vancouver

Just a guess

I agree with your first sentence. There is no way the Stones are returning to the US to play stadiums, though, or any of those towns you mention.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home