Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates/ MT directs RW to the front of the stage please
Posted by: mrjimi ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:57

Maybe he's struggling because RW can't keep his head in the game and its frustrating. SEE last night at 9:35 into Midnight R and MT had to swing around and kick RW with his left leg and point him to go take the final solo. I was directly opposite this camera angle in the lower seats and could see his frustration. I mean, RW was hot and cold all night. I thought he had the issue. And KR missed intros on BS and JJF, along with IORR, and barely got SMU. I had a great time, and loved it but they're doing their best for a 50 year old rock band. Uncharted territory here boys.

Re: Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:07

the stones are playing better man...

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:11

do you want to hear a a little sympathy. but its sideways so my apologies

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:14

Donkey Girl Scout
I thought it was great! not the best i've seem (id give that to Baltimore 2006), but it was the best sounding. Louder than expected and you could hear Keith and Ronnie really well.

Hurray for A Bigger Bang! That tour is in danger now of being misremembered when actually most of it was great. Granted I haven't seen or heard most of the 07 shows. Just read the reviews on IORR for most of the 2005 and 06 shows, for example.

I really enjoyed them in 13, but also preferred them in both 06 and 03. Tighter. But they were more generous with onstage time this time, and that is appreciated! And they were still extremely enjoyable once again! smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:16

angee
Mick and Keith together in final bow??!!

Is that Mick's hand on Keith's shoulder?

Nice pics, thanks, latvianinexile.

I believe that's the first time that I've seen them next to each other this tour, how sweet it is! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:21

Thru and Thru
angee

I believe that's the first time that I've seen them next to each other this tour, how sweet it is! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They've crossed each other like that every show on Sympathy, I think. But this one of those rare pics where you catch them looking at each other.

Date: June 26, 2013 05:07

The picture on the cover of www.iorr.org front page of Ronnie and Keith laughing happened when they messed up the start on IORR.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 26, 2013 05:08

TimeIs
Thru and Thru
angee

They've crossed each other like that every show on Sympathy, I think. But this one of those rare pics where you catch them looking at each other.

TimeIs - Yes, I have seen them crossing like that and making eye contact whilst walking around the outside of the pit but I was referring to the final bow at the end of the show in my comment.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 26, 2013 05:19

Yeah, so was I, as I think you know, T and T. The only time they are together on the final bow, I believe, for the final show in the US, fitting: Jagger/Richards.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 26, 2013 05:53

WORRIED ABOUT YOU

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:11

TimeIs
Thru and Thru
angee

When they passed, Mick was singing "pleased to meet you" and had his left hand out and extended. It looked like Keith did a zag to the right to avoid it. That was the view from my seat looking directly at Mick. Not that it matters.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:12

BROWN SUGAR

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:33

latebloomer
I had to laugh last night when Ronnie messed up the IORR start. Mick and Keith put their arms around each other's shoulders for a brief moment, trying to figure out what to do. Guess it takes Ronnie screwing up for everyone to get some glimmer togetherness.

Actually, Keith screwed up by begining the intro in the wrong key. Ronnie was chugging along in the right key, and it took a bit for Mick and Keith to get his attention for starting over.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 26, 2013 07:09

Lostbrook
TimeIs
Thru and Thru
angee

When they passed, Mick was singing "pleased to meet you" and had his left hand out and extended. It looked like Keith did a zag to the right to avoid it. That was the view from my seat looking directly at Mick. Not that it matters.

See it here.

SFTD snip

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 26, 2013 07:12

Roscoe
Rokyfan
MizzAmandaJonez
Reading the reports and seeing the setlist etc, my guess is this is not indicative of what the Stones final US show ever will be.

I predict an MSG stand around Keith's BD, with some Fall stadiums that follow the warm weather before hand, I.E.

Late Oct - Dallas, Atlanta, Buffalo, Houston, Camp Randall WI, PNC Pitt, New Orleans

Nov- Florida, Sun Devil Stadium PHX, Rose Bowl LA, At&T SF, Seattle/Vancouver

Just a guess

I agree with your first sentence. There is no way the Stones are returning to the US to play stadiums, though, or any of those towns you mention.

+1. Roky is spot on. I want some of whatever Amanda is smoking.

Gonna have to disagree with the lot of you; this is exactly what the Stones' final US show might be. Distortion back in the amps, conservative setlist, band in good vibes, Taylor on MR, IORR-ians in attendance. They're never going to say it's the last time, and they haven't done the old "stage celebration of the last gig of a tour" by playing some extra nuggets or going for an extra half hour since their hard-partying days pre-1982.

Look at the last setlist from the 2005-2007 tour, the only standout song choice was CYHMK. Another Taylor song (LIV, etc.) or another special number like Grapevine or Sweet Virginia would have put it into unique territory for sure, but I don't think we're going to get that "last show" treatment on any of the continents.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 26, 2013 09:12

God bless Ron Wood. And forgive the cretins on these boards who write crap about him; they know not what they speak.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:13

winter

[...] I think latvianinexile was right behind us. [...]

Don't think so, winter. I was in first row. smiling smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 26, 2013 12:08

Complete "Sympathy For The Devil":

Good performance by Keith smileys with beer ! And @ 3:22 you can closely see the moment Mick and Keith crossed into each other.

Mick's Obama comment:

Get Off Of My Cloud:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 13:41 by Wild Slivovitz.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 26, 2013 13:27

Oeps....IORR

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 26, 2013 13:44

IORR is this tours Brown Sugar, Keith's blown the intro three times now. Nice to see a bit of genuine spontineity onstage though.

Date: June 26, 2013 16:23

latvianinexile
winter

Nice! By the angles of the Lisa and the Mick on piano shots, you had to be in our immediate area, and I thought by the lack of crowd heads in your pics you must've been the really tall guy behind us with the camera all night. Turns out you had an even better spot; well done!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 26, 2013 16:57

This is from Philly but check out 2;33 where the Glimmers exchange a nod. They love one another, the vibe was great on stage this tour, there is only love on this stage...video: [www.youtube.com]

Date: June 26, 2013 17:20

DREAMTIME
WORRIED ABOUT YOU

I am so happy you captured this!!! smiling smiley Cheers

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 26, 2013 18:36

That Its Only Rock And Roll clip is hilarious. I just wish there was a close up on their faces. Its not nearly as bad as people describe it. Keith messed up, and Ronnie just didn't know they were stopping. To be fair, Keith has messed up worse than that before and they've continued songs. Ronnie didn't seem drunk, he just seemed like he was screwing with them continuing the song. But Keith putting his arm around Mick's shoulder is very cute. Means nothing, because we all know Keith loves Mick and its not the same the other way around, and its not like Mick would get angry at Keith in public, but still anyway that they get to interact in public is good to see. This seemed good hearted and genuine. Sort of like an "after 50 years how many times has this happened Mick?!"

Posted by: dcfan1 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 19:52

Yea - I was glad I finally got to see Mick Taylor play with the Stones but also thought he did not look well or show much inspiration for this show - particularly just strumming along at the end - although unlike another poster, I could at least hear him over the speakers.

Good to have him back, and I look forward to seeing what he does next.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 26, 2013 19:58

IYCRM
I have a possible indication why Mick Taylor was on accoustic with a cable. From our side-view seats, he appeared behind stage late into Satisfaction (unlike other shows where he was seen dancing to the previous song.) He was very disoriented and actually started walking in the wrong direction away from the stage, when a stagehand redirected him to the front of the drums.

Comments?

i saw this as well from my waaay up top, side stage, barely able to see the band thru the speakers, but excellent view of the back of the stage, 85 dollar lottery tix. It was a bit odd especially when he had to be redirected despite being inches away from Charlies drums at the time (where else was he going to go??); I thought the same thing about the chord/leash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-26 20:09 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 26, 2013 19:59

Samy and I behind the teleprompter smiling smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 26, 2013 21:55

winter
latvianinexile
winter

Nice! By the angles of the Lisa and the Mick on piano shots, you had to be in our immediate area, and I thought by the lack of crowd heads in your pics you must've been the really tall guy behind us with the camera all night. Turns out you had an even better spot; well done!

Hey Winter after doing some serious "video-chasing" I found one where we both are; around the 2minutes 20 seconds mark during GOMC in the pit, brother!
Rock and roll,
Mops
[youtu.be]

Date: June 27, 2013 00:48

rollmops

Hey Winter after doing some serious "video-chasing" I found one where we both are; around the 2minutes 20 seconds mark during GOMC in the pit, brother!
Rock and roll,
Mops
[youtu.be]

Synchronicity; I just had found and sent a still from that very video to my concert mate 2 seconds ago! Ha.

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: June 27, 2013 02:32

My recording is now available on Dime. Enjoy!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home