Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:30

Ronnie with some DC visitors:

Backstage with @LennyKravitz tonight ~ see you again soon : )

Great to see you tonight @NiallOfficial & @Harry_Styles ~ glad you enjoyed the show! : )

[twitter.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 18:37

I wonder whether Ronnie introduced Harry to Mick

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:26

People are nuts in here. Ronnie and Keith were fine last night. It was a "Night 1" setlist, sure, but, performance-wise, they were the tightest I've seen on the four shows I attended (Brooklyn, Newark 2, Philly 1, and DC).

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:42

Mick and Charlie on The Train to Washington DC

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:51

who the @#$%& is harry styles.
looks like he needs a baby sitter

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 19:52 by corriecas.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 25, 2013 20:01

dcfan1
... and I was a bit surprised that on Satisfaction he came out with an acoustic guitar and just strummed along, rather than really participating.

Any thoughts?

Maybe he made a statement by choosing the acoustic guitar ...

Date: June 25, 2013 20:01

corriecas
who the @#$%& is harry styles.
looks like he needs a baby sitter

jeroen

he's in the boy band of the moment. One Direction played there a night or two earlier.
Was Kravitz there last night? They could have put him as a guest.
Do they just find someone who's in town? How did they get the guests anyway?

Date: June 25, 2013 20:43

Satisfaction with Taylor on acoustic guitar:

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:29

oops sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 23:16 by tumbled.

Posted by: MixedEmoticons ()
Date: June 25, 2013 21:31

How DARE Mick Taylor play an acoustic on Satisfaction?

http://youtu.be/gd6ODRkzSUc

I believe Brian played acoustic on the original recording, also.

As KR said, one of the reasons to have MT on the tour is to be able to more accurately cover multi-tracked guitars live. Adding a little acoustic on Satisfaction is a perfect example.

MT is doing the right thing, trying to fit into the song rather than trying to fit the song to himself. Too many electric guitars can easily turn into mush.

Date: June 25, 2013 21:32

There was a false start on IORR which was pretty funny. Keith was super happy and hot. It was a scorcher. everyone was drenched in sweat. it was really loud. my ears are still ringing

YCAGWYW from my bad angle

[www.youtube.com]

"I Wonder Why" a/k/a Worried About You - not a good view, sorry about my big mouth embarrassing

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 21:43 by tumbled.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:29

Rokyfan
MizzAmandaJonez
Reading the reports and seeing the setlist etc, my guess is this is not indicative of what the Stones final US show ever will be.

I predict an MSG stand around Keith's BD, with some Fall stadiums that follow the warm weather before hand, I.E.

Late Oct - Dallas, Atlanta, Buffalo, Houston, Camp Randall WI, PNC Pitt, New Orleans

Nov- Florida, Sun Devil Stadium PHX, Rose Bowl LA, At&T SF, Seattle/Vancouver

Just a guess

I agree with your first sentence. There is no way the Stones are returning to the US to play stadiums, though, or any of those towns you mention.

+1. Roky is spot on. I want some of whatever Amanda is smoking.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:29

I was there and it was one of the better shows I have seen. Ronnie played quite well tonight. And despite the false start that was the best version of IORR I have ever seen in 50 shows over the last 40 years I have been going. And actually Worried About You was one of the best performances I've ever seen by Mick, dripping with emotion and pathos. And my son caught the very last guitar pick Keith may ever throw in North America after Satisfaction. But I am tired of the setlist from Miss You to SFTD. And I really wanted CYHMK.

Date: June 25, 2013 22:31

I noticed on Street Fighting Man, I don't think its a Keith favorite because of all the strumming ....judging from body language.
Mick was really great throughout, I noticd when he was directing the crowd call and response during midnight rambler that Charlie was looking like, shit, don't hijack the song man..then Mick Taylor was like what now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-25 22:32 by tumbled.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:27

Just played MISS YOU as the outro music to a commercial break on CNN.

I wonder if they'll have a Stones segment next as they played Washington last night?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:36

treaclefingers
Just played MISS YOU as the outro music to a commercial break on CNN.

I wonder if they'll have a Stones segment next as they played Washington last night?

Not sure but CBS is. Received this inbox message about the video I shot at the concert last night.

... and sure enough they used the footage...CBS NEWS

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:40

MixedEmoticons
How DARE Mick Taylor play an acoustic on Satisfaction?

http://youtu.be/gd6ODRkzSUc

I believe Brian played acoustic on the original recording, also.

As KR said, one of the reasons to have MT on the tour is to be able to more accurately cover multi-tracked guitars live. Adding a little acoustic on Satisfaction is a perfect example.

MT is doing the right thing, trying to fit into the song rather than trying to fit the song to himself. Too many electric guitars can easily turn into mush.

Funny thing about this, it was an old school cable on the acoustic. Ie, no wireless. It was long enough to let Mick T join Darryl on back up vocals on Satisfaction. I was sure Keith would trip over it, thus ending the Mick Taylor's reunion saga.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 25, 2013 23:43

lettingitbleed
Wow what a performance of SFM! I forgot just how fast that one is. Ronnie's arm is strumming so fast it looks like it could fall off. Mick and Charlie are on full blast too. Lucky for them it was only 4min. Very cool.

Yeah, off the evidence of that video SFM was terrific.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 26, 2013 00:36

I agree, I was there last night, and SFM was a definite highlight. The sheer power and force of the guitars and Mick's singing was a powerful reminder that the Stones are an incredible rock n' roll band. They were totally in sync, and it was great watching the interplay between Keith and Mick. Fantastic! And man, it was loud! Keith was viciously slashing away at his guitar with a passion that was full of joy.

Posted by: IYCRM ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:02

I have a possible indication why Mick Taylor was on accoustic with a cable. From our side-view seats, he appeared behind stage late into Satisfaction (unlike other shows where he was seen dancing to the previous song.) He was very disoriented and actually started walking in the wrong direction away from the stage, when a stagehand redirected him to the front of the drums.

I seriously don't think it's alcohol, but I think he's struggling with something. In any case, his accoustic was inaudible, and the wire prevented him from straying anywhere dangerous. Without a special guest, I'm sure the plan was to feature him heavily, but with whatever was happening with him last night, songs like Sway and CYHMK may've been removed at the last minute. SFM would've made it Song # 5 for him, more of what Keith had in mind the whole time. Comments?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:32

IYCRM
I have a possible indication why Mick Taylor was on accoustic with a cable. From our side-view seats, he appeared behind stage late into Satisfaction (unlike other shows where he was seen dancing to the previous song.) He was very disoriented and actually started walking in the wrong direction away from the stage, when a stagehand redirected him to the front of the drums.

I seriously don't think it's alcohol, but I think he's struggling with something. In any case, his accoustic was inaudible, and the wire prevented him from straying anywhere dangerous. Without a special guest, I'm sure the plan was to feature him heavily, but with whatever was happening with him last night, songs like Sway and CYHMK may've been removed at the last minute. SFM would've made it Song # 5 for him, more of what Keith had in mind the whole time. Comments?
Stones will be Stones. Even a little puff can waste anyone these days.. The video I heard the acoustic was cranked and sounded pretty solid. Let's not forget the condition these guys are accustomed to performing in. Lots of these guys are nervous, it's got to be difficult to be backstage and then play on demand even if the antics are tempered.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:37

It seems that they didn't have a special guest because they intended to use MT on the extra song, like you've said...someone must know what was up with MT.. 21 songs for the last gig of the US leg of the tour is very odd...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:42

IYCRM

i hate to perpetuate rumors, but this isn't the first time he's appeared disoriented on this tour. i hope he's ok. i hope this tour has changed his life substantially for the better.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:55

kleermaker
dcfan1
... and I was a bit surprised that on Satisfaction he came out with an acoustic guitar and just strummed along, rather than really participating.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts too....

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:04

As long as MT's out there and playing on Midnight Rambler, at least (the other songs he's played on aren't set list constants, anyways), it's best to assume he's okay and not spread rumors about him. It's not just MT rumors, either, people were saying Ron Wood looked out of it last night (and didn't seem to be to other people). People say stuff about Keith looking out of it at times, too. These guys are getting older and it can be tough to pick up cues on a big stage when hearing and sight aren't the same as younger people, as well as dealing with the transitions between songs.

Yes, it could be a statement in choosing acoustic guitar. Musicians just want to play and stay warmed up. He might want to do some background acoustic as Blondie Chaplin used to do for a few songs, if they don't want him doing leads.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:05

marianna
As long as MT's out there and playing on Midnight Rambler, at least (the other songs he's played on aren't set list constants, anyways), it's best to assume he's okay and not spread rumors about him. It's not just MT rumors, either, people were saying Ron Wood looked out of it last night (and didn't seem to be to other people). People say stuff about Keith looking out of it at times, too. These guys are getting older and it can be tough to pick up cues on a big stage when hearing and sight aren't the same as younger people, as well as dealing with the transitions between songs.

Yes, it could be a statement in choosing acoustic guitar. Musicians just want to play and stay warmed up. He might want to do some background acoustic as Blondie Chaplin used to do for a few songs, if they don't want him doing leads.

i agree you can't read too much into the acoustic. after all, it was an important part of the studio version.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:11

Thrylan
kleermaker
dcfan1

Any thoughts?

My thoughts too....

In Toronto 2 Taylor didn't even strum along for most of the song...he goofed around, danced, and had a good time but didn't really play.

I agree...I think he's not to actually 'play/lead/overpower' the final number and I bet that's the agreement in having him out there for the final bow.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:18

mickschix
It seems that they didn't have a special guest because they intended to use MT on the extra song, like you've said.

Mick Taylor played on "extra" songs at other shows that had special guests.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:23

treaclefingers
I agree...I think he's not to actually 'play/lead/overpower' the final number and I bet that's the agreement in having him out there for the final bow.

That was the case in the show I saw as well. The very first time on this tour where he showed up for the Satisfaction encore, he seemed to have more of a purpose and meshed more forcefully with the others. It was an impressive guest role.

On the 14th in Boston, for the Satisfaction encore he only played intermittently and half-heartedly and wandered about the stage, starting then stopping his playing and frequently looking up from his guitar at the others onstage. It came off as unrehearsed. The final song is like the final bow--it's just to have him there.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:40

bye bye johnny
mickschix
It seems that they didn't have a special guest because they intended to use MT on the extra song, like you've said.

Mick Taylor played on "extra" songs at other shows that had special guests.

No relation between other guests and Taylor's appearance, except maybe LA 2

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home