Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2013 09:56

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding the Rolling Stones Washington DC June 24 show. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Bjornulf

Re: Washington DC June 24 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 24, 2013 10:12

Maybe the last American Stones concert ever?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:18

Indeed...it will be interesting to see if there are any hints either way...or whether Mick will just say "See you Next Year!" like in 1981!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:27

Wishing a great time to everyone who is going

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 24, 2013 11:54

Funny how Mick would say "See you next year!" in 1981 when it was well known back then that since the late 60s The Stones only toured every 3 years.

Mick said earlier this year that they would not be retiring after their summer concerts, and Keith confirmed as such just recently.

That's good enough for me.

People make too much about turning 70, because most people think that at such an age one should just sit around and be invisible.

We're talking about musicians, not footballers. Sure, they're not 25 anymore, but 70 is hardly the end of any line, unless you have contracted some debilitating illness.

Doubtless they have discussed the matter themselves and have arrived at the resolution that they should continue on as long as they can, because it's what they do. You have to make the most of life and just do what you do--it's better than just sitting around waiting to die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 11:55 by stonehearted.

Date: June 24, 2013 12:30

Will be driving form Norfolk, Va. Hope everyone has a good time!

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 24, 2013 13:51

There arent many parking lots for tailgating but we will be meeting up at the flat outdoor lot on 9th steet between H street and NY ave. Its 2 short blocks away across from the Renaissance Hotel.
Best part of all...........you can park there early and stay for the entire event.

Date: June 24, 2013 13:53

Christopher
There arent many parking lots for tailgating but we will be meeting up at the flat outdoor lot on 9th steet between H street and NY ave. Its 2 short blocks away across from the Renaissance Hotel.
Best part of all...........you can park there early and stay for the entire event.
Great idea Christopher. Let's hook up for a beer mate.
Are there places around to shop if we need some ice or more beer of course we'll need more beer.

Date: June 24, 2013 14:12

Webvote is up.......... here is the link:
[www.rollingstones.com]

Lets all hope we get Mick Taylor on SFM.
We got him on 3 songs the last show in Philly hoping for a repeat.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 24, 2013 14:35

Any meetup beforehand?

Posted by: ZantiMisfit ()
Date: June 24, 2013 14:39

I am SO excited that my 25-year-old niece Ashlyn & her brand-new fiancee, Alex--proposed Saturday!--will be seeing the Rolling Stones for the FIRST TIME EVER tonight in her adopted town of DC! I just hope and pray--dear Lord, hear my plea--that the $85 tix she got will be good seats--and if not that she will be able to upgrade to some better ones.

They watched 'Crossfire Hurricane' last night which kind of filled them in--they know next to nothing about them, other than all the CD's I've given her over the years. I think they'll be blown away!!

NOW--this is the first tour--other than '81--that I've missed since '75...please come back guys and play Atlanta so I can see you with my other 22-year-old niece. They've heard about the Stones all their lives--there's never been a world without the Stones. I want them both to see you at least once in their lives--and this sounds like the tour to see!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:01

Just woke up....sightseeing today: Washington monument, Catpitol, White House and the Rolling Stones.....smiling smiley 12 hours to showtime....

Hendrik Mulder

Date: June 24, 2013 15:07

The guys are hanging out on the bus - on their way! (posted by Bernard on Facebook)

Posted by: Lostbrook ()
Date: June 24, 2013 15:35

I'm driving in from 80 miles west with my teenage sons for their first RS concert. Hope to get there by 4:00 to beat the rush "hour" madness and to soak up the atmosphere. I'm way more excited about this show than I thought I would be due to the excitement of my kids. I've also been following the tour closely on this site, so thank you! I hope to repay you with a fine recording. I have great seats for taping.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:06

Hoping for something special for the last show of the tour, but don't recall them doing that on past tours. Maybe a decent guest will show up. Doesn't really matter, I'm ready for a good time.thumbs up

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:25

Heard It Through The Grapevine? Didn't they rehearse that a ton?

Posted by: DCBILL ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:28

Christopher
This is perfect! Beats hanging out in a parking garage. George there are several convenience stores in the area but there is no market. We park here for Capitals games. This is the place to be before the event.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 16:48

Will be rolling in from Silver Spring around 5ish on the Metro. Really looking forward to the show!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:27

I partecipated to every poll, i never won..this time i voted for live with me..

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:31

YGMR looking for an untouchable streak of loserdom in the webvote. SFM will walk with the victory if it's legit.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: June 24, 2013 17:51

Does Taylor get to play more if there is no other special guest?

Posted by: OpenGspot ()
Date: June 24, 2013 19:03

Still hoping for "Rocks Off" myself - no way they can wreck that train again! Safe travels to all - hoping to cross paths with some of you along the way this evening.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 24, 2013 19:13

DCBILL
Christopher
This is perfect! Beats hanging out in a parking garage. George there are several convenience stores in the area but there is no market. We park here for Capitals games. This is the place to be before the event.

Make sure you have some cover guys, there's a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. That beer won't keep your dry. grinning smiley

We're going to dinner, but I'll try to walk over and say hello, if there's time. That is, if I can figure out which group of fans you are. We really need our own t-shirts, or name tags: Hi, my name is Latebloomer.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 24, 2013 19:23

DandelionPowderman
The guys are hanging out on the bus - on their way! (posted by Bernard on Facebook)

Micks Winnebago

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 23:01 by bv.

Posted by: therambler ()
Date: June 24, 2013 20:29

Does anyone know how Verizon Center is handling the $85 tickets? Will I have to go into the arena as soon as I pick them up or do I just get a wrist band or something? I'm hoping to get them and then hit a bar for a while to avoid $9 beer night in the arena if at all possible.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 24, 2013 20:49

Had a great train ride to Washington DC yesterday. Looking forward to tonight's show. It's been a fantastic tour, thank you to everyone who came to see us!

@MickJagger

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2013 21:22

bye bye johnny

I love that Charlie is embracing technology...or is that a picture frame?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-24 23:06 by bv.

Date: June 24, 2013 21:33

Doesnt seem to be much posting on here for the last show of the tour........err last show of this part of the tour

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 24, 2013 21:46

or possibly... last tour of this show?

Date: June 24, 2013 21:59

sonomastone
or possibly... last tour of this show?
Yes, that is another angle. The next shows are outdoors. Maybe europe will get festivals instead of arena shows.
I still think they'll be back in the fall. Mick knows there is money to be made.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home