Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The new album - The Last Time
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 28, 2005 02:28

I am wondering for real what this new album will bring. I do believe this is going to be the last real studio album by the Stones with new material. Every other time there was at least some kind of rough idea what was to come. Eg: in 89 the technology was at a certain point. The Stones were coming back. They had much to prove. So I pretty much expected a clean, ambitious album of packaged, clean Rock. Which is what we got.
In 78 they had to kick some Punk ass. So they did.
An so on...
This time I can honetly not imagine what they are going to bring on. Jagger and Keith are writing together. I don't see Keith letting Jagger sing from the Psych couch about a Brand new Set Of Rules. AndI don't think Jagger will settle for the "Take it so Hard" open G riffing from Keith. I don't even think Keith is too intersted in that. At least I hope so. IMO the one thing that can make this new album really interesting is if Keith comes up with one more reinvention. Another new baby. No more reggae, no more smoky ballads, no more SoulSurvivor/StartmeUp/Lowdown open G. What will he come up with?
Me myself I hope they go deep into the Blues. And I don't even like the Blues! Boring ole White Biy Blues. But no one can do what the Stones do WITH the Blues.
It would be great to get some minor chordings, some serious String arrangments, as little/or no Leavell at all as possible.
Who knows - it mioght actually prove to be a good thing that Ronnie has hardly been around. Maybe it means that it is on;ly the core three Stones. We also have not heard of any other guest musicians stopping by.
What do you people xpect?

Re: The new album - The Last Time
Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: March 28, 2005 05:47

a great album,nothing less.

john scialfa

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: March 28, 2005 06:15

Is it fact that Ron has not been at the recording sessions ? If so....why, 30 years with a band is a long time to be told "no thanks, we dont need or want your input.....but show up for the tour.

The album, I do not know what to expect, except a Stones album and everything that comes with it. I think it will be pretty straightforward with at least one "off the wall" song (like Continental Drift on SW...which I like).

Their albums have been getting slagged for 20 years, but music is so subjective and personal. Since Undercover I have enjoyed the albums they have made, with the exception of a few songs. Of the 60 or so new songs they have put out since Undercover I feel that most of them have pretty good. We as their fans EXPECT SO MUCH from them and set the bar so high that many set themselves up for dissapointment, esepecially those pathetically hoping that they remake Beggars or Exile. Then they would get slagged for imitating themselves (see critics of Voodoo Lounge). They are the only band in the world that slammed for sounding like them selves.

I eagerly await the new album and I'll tell you right now, I will like it, aside from a track or 2. For those who dont appreciate it when it comes out, turn off the new disc, put on Satanic Majesties to be reminded of what a bad Stones album sounds like.

Appreciate them for where they are and who they are TODAY.

Milo, NYC
Everything is turning to gold

Date: March 28, 2005 13:23

"Brand New Set of Rules" is the best title for the new album I've heard or thought of.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2005 13:51

But it's Mick solo track......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 28, 2005 14:37

"They are the only band in the world that slammed for sounding like them selves"
Yeah, like AC/DC never heard that...smiling smiley

I am happy that the Stones even bother to make a new album. There is absolutely nothing left for them to prove. Also, this could possibly be the last tour, so they did not have to make an album to tour, they could just have said it is the last time, and tickets would have sold in recordtime. But they seem not to choose the easiest way, so a new album should be seen as a true gift to us.
Then we will see what happens after that...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 28, 2005 14:53

Jagger: vocal and harmonic;
Richards: Rhythmic and lead guitar;
Wood: bass, steel and wah wah;
Watts: drums
Billy Preston/ian Mclagan: Piano, Hammond
Ollie Brown: percussion

Producer: Chris Kimsey

Posted by: Smalltowns ()
Date: March 28, 2005 17:12

I think they will get deep into the blues!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: March 29, 2005 07:56

I hope that the music on the album is structered so that it can be played by the the 4 plus the bass dude with minimal backup support. During LICKS The first 4 or 5 songs were just them before all the support players hit the stage.

Milo, NYC
Where the boys go

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home