Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did they drop the special concert intros?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 22, 2013 05:22

At the first show in L.A. they had the UCLA Marching Band marching through the aisles playing Satisfaction while the people with monkey faces lined up around the lip of the stage. I heard of something similar for maybe a couple more concerts, and then nothing. Did they drop the special opening and just come out cold now with maybe just an announcement?

Re: Did they drop the special concert intros?
Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: June 22, 2013 05:46

The drum intro is not taped music playing after the video montage. Only opening night had the marching band

Date: June 22, 2013 06:54

LSTNT
The drum intro is not taped music playing after the video montage. Only opening night had the marching band

How about the monkey masks around the lip of pit? Did that continue?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 22, 2013 08:23

With all the $85 tickets around something had to go...

Bjornulf

Date: June 22, 2013 08:45

bv
With all the $85 tickets around something had to go...

thumbs up Guess they flexed 'em right outta there.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 22, 2013 15:22

I was wondering the same!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 22, 2013 17:50

From Chuck's blog:

It was a particularly hectic scene during those first 3 months. Mick and the design crew had decided to have a drum brigade of 50 people all dressed like Gorillas filing through the audience marching to a drum sequence designed by Matt Clifford. They were joined by 12 dancing girls and at the end of the performance on You Can't Always Get What You Want there was an additional Choir of about 30. The catch is this: They all had to be groomed, dressed and fed...this all going down from 2 pm and ending after the show at 11:30pm. Phew. This sort of thing takes an Army of tenders...one of which was me. We had 4 hair dressers and 4 clothes techs to take care of the gorillas as they had to have their hair put under black skull caps with large paper masks (which had to be fitted in case of glasses) and a long sleeved black tee. All of this work for a 10 minute interlude to open the show and then back to undo it all and pack it up for the next stop.... Of course, the tour did not continue with the Gorillas and all of that production. The Choir still sings on YCAGWYW but the rest of it fell by the wayside.

[roseandchucktourdiary.blogspot.co.uk]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 22, 2013 21:20

Priceless!

Date: June 22, 2013 21:52

Wow. That makes me feel better for getting $85 craphole tix at the first show in L.A. I got to see the marching band, and the gorillas. Those I could see from Limited View. And the back of Chuck's head.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home