Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is the internet vote legit?
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 21, 2013 08:43

I apologize if there is already a thread for this, however, I have seen a lot of cynicism expressed in several other threads. Some votes just don't seem to jive. I believe the majority of voters lean to the hardcore, and not the casual. I wouldn't bother voting for a band I was casual or indifferent about. I doubt many would. I would also suspect most true fans wouldn't vote for say DF in Philly, knowing it was too obvious for Brad Paisley, especially with MT watching. I am not buying it.

Re: Is the internet vote legit?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 21, 2013 08:47

No. If it was legit they would show a running tally.

There is no reason not to show a running tally and if
if one song gets over voted repeatedly and/or they dont
want to play that/a song(s), then DONT PUT IT/THEM ON THE VOTE!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-21 08:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 21, 2013 08:53

It's as real as Mick's "I'm not sure if we can remember that one.. Ronnie remembers it".

And.. "I think I bust a button on my trousers.."

Date: June 21, 2013 08:56

The first time I voted I thought the same thing! Anytime I vote for something on ESPN or wherever, after you vote, it shows you the results. It's become a bit gimmicky too, in 98' it was new, but.....

I also resent the idea of allowing non-fans and haters to help select my show.....what IS the upside here?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 21, 2013 10:01

Of course it's not.

Mathijs

Date: June 21, 2013 10:04

Is Bruce's signs in the first row legit?

Date: June 21, 2013 10:11

OK.....now I feel naive.....smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:09

It's a way of justifying some of their setlist choices - look, we're not leaving CYHMK and Moonlight Mile out because we don't want to play them - it's because YOU all voted for Dead Flowers (which our guest has luckily rehearsed...)

Date: June 21, 2013 11:34

GravityBoy
It's as real as Mick's "I'm not sure if we can remember that one.. Ronnie remembers it".

But the latter was real.

Mathijs

Date: June 21, 2013 12:01

Mathijs
GravityBoy

But the latter was real.

Mathijs

Yes he thought he bust a button at more that one concert.

S*** happens I guess.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 21, 2013 12:09

In St.Louis 1997 Waiting on a Friend was the "webchoice". By chance Joshua Redman was around.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 21, 2013 12:55

windmelody
In St.Louis 1997 Waiting on a Friend was the "webchoice". By chance Joshua Redman was around.

As I recall Star Star was running away with the vote leading into that show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:10

windmelody

Let's say it was rigged in 97 if a guest is waiting in the aisles... or if the voters choose the same song for the 6th time.

Date: June 21, 2013 13:12

We definitely know "Factory Girl" wasn't rigged for Giants in 1997.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:37

One sure sign is they always rehearse the "voted" song at the sound check.
Wonder how they know ahead of time?

Date: June 21, 2013 13:46

Christopher
One sure sign is they always rehearse the "voted" song at the sound check.
Wonder how they know ahead of time?

But that can't be true because Mick always looks around the band to see if anyone still remembers it (whilst checking the buttons on his trousers because they wouldn't want them to fall down.. nah that's just my parallel universe).

I love spontaneity.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 14:08

If it were fixed I don't think we would have seen MT doing Sway multiple nights. The first time I saw them in '97 the web vote song was Star Star, which I don't really see Mick choosing either. There might be some Tom-foolery, but I don't think it's completely bogus as the web vote songs rarely seem like something Jagger would have written into the setlist himself.

Date: June 21, 2013 14:25

NoCode0680
If it were fixed I don't think we would have seen MT doing Sway multiple nights. The first time I saw them in '97 the web vote song was Star Star, which I don't really see Mick choosing either. There might be some Tom-foolery, but I don't think it's completely bogus as the web vote songs rarely seem like something Jagger would have written into the setlist himself.

To your point, Beast of Burden didn't win in Las Vegas. It was chosen for Katy Perry. Some shenanigans. If I recall correctly that was the first webvote that had Sway as an option.

Date: June 21, 2013 16:01

Green Lady
It's a way of justifying some of their setlist choices - look, we're not leaving CYHMK and Moonlight Mile out because we don't want to play them - it's because YOU all voted for Dead Flowers (which our guest has luckily rehearsed...)

Somewhat sinister, but likely the real truth...." we'd love to play a great song, but you won't let us."

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 21, 2013 17:51

Thrylan
The first time I voted I thought the same thing! Anytime I vote for something on ESPN or wherever, after you vote, it shows you the results. It's become a bit gimmicky too, in 98' it was new, but.....

I also resent the idea of allowing non-fans and haters to help select my show.....what IS the upside here?

You're not saying that people that aren't on iorr.org are voting too are ya? How absurd! Only TRUE Stones fans are here. All those others are just doing it for status.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:10

I'm guessing that if there is a guest playing on the song then the web vote doesn't count, they play whatever the guest has rehearsed. Otherwise I'd say it's 50/50 on being rigged.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:46

If they play "Fool TO Cry" with Aaron Neville tonight then you know its fixed. My guess is that its fixed. Its hard for me to believe Philadelphia voted for "Dead Flowers" and by chance thats the song to bring out Brad Paisley. I hope I am wrong I would love to hear CYHMK one more time with Mick Taylor it has been one of the highlights of this tour.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:52

Of course it is,Mick would not tell a lie....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:53

I don"t believe so.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 21, 2013 19:00

I don't believe it's legitimate. However, the non-cynical side of me wishes it were.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 21, 2013 19:25

If it is rigged, why can't they put songs like Rough Justice, YGMR, etc. alongside from the pre-selecteed "winner"?... instead of some rare gems that we'd love to hear but won't hear anyway.

Are the Stones being sadistic with their own fans?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:19

fahthree
windmelody

As I recall Star Star was running away with the vote leading into that show.

You recall quite correctly, sir.

Its remarkable how many 'by request' poll-toppers just happen to feature a special guest!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:25

schillid
If it is rigged, why can't they put songs like Rough Justice, YGMR, etc. alongside from the pre-selecteed "winner"?... instead of some rare gems that we'd love to hear but won't hear anyway.

Are the Stones being sadistic with their own fans?
Honestly, because then people would really find out it is fixed. They even try it with You Got Me Rocking every once and a while and its not like it ever wins. They need to put in songs they know are old favorites because if they filled them up with Rough Justice and You Got Me Rocking they know no one would pick those (and I say that as someone that likes those songs). The way they have it now gives the assemblance of real. And yeah, I basically do think they are being sadistic with their own fans, even though I give them credit that they at least take the turn to pre-learn one of the five.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 21, 2013 21:31

Back when they showed percentages in the B2B days, weren't there cases where a song would go from, say, 12% to 55%, in a couple hrs time?

I'd like to see the concert featuring all the webvote choices for this whole tour, winners and losers.

Date: June 21, 2013 22:08

GravityBoy
Mathijs
GravityBoy

But the latter was real.

Mathijs

Yes he thought he bust a button at more that one concert.

S*** happens I guess.

Yeah when was that again, Baltimore? But I don't believe in those days he would stage something like that. I just think he wore shitty pants that dropped on him two shows in a row.

Mathijs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home