Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: slap in the face
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:52

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
bv
Supply and demand. Last night the beers in my hotel were $2 during the Phillis game, but as soon as the game and the concert finished, the beers were $4.25. Same withy airline prices. I got a cheap $65 business upgrade and got lots of fast lane and luxury tratment the other day, on my way to Philly, but the guys next to me in the Business cabin paid multiple money for the same seats.

There are other things to worry about in life than the pants you bought at full price no being on summer sale. Or the rain that fell one hour ago but not now. Life is unfair. Make the best of it!

i know i speak for the community when i say thank you for your spiritual guidance through these tough times.

Is it that you're begging for a reason to post as GRNRBITW?

i think we should give others a shot at posting as GRNRBITW...i don't think it's fair fo me to hog the spotlight.

I'm just glad that you had the foresight to make the investment of time to create some 'branding' around GRNRBITW...diversification of 'ban risk' is a simple but effective way to maximize returns and lower overall risk on your stones quip portfolio.

i stopped using ban months ago...i'm onto mennen speed stick. less risk. but, roll on ban!

you're soaking in it

madge?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:58

Gazza
True, but we thought that before when on the last tour they overpriced the tickets and then ended up doing 2 for 1 deals because they werent shifting.

They just understimated the number of people with more money and more desperation than common sense. They got away with it in November because there were only 5 shows and even then plenty of people were panic buying £400 nosebleeds despite being told the market couldnt sustain it. When you spread that out to about 20 shows in a dozen cities, you're simply less likely to fool as many people.

The real idiots in this though are AEG. To give the Stones a deal like that - in the middle of a recession - where they'd have to price the average ticket above $300 (it was $167 on the last tour!) just to break even if all the shows sold out is financial insanity. Dainty and Branson at least had the common sense to bail out knowing that pricing formula couldnt be sustained over the period of a proper tour

i agree with just about everything you're saying on this thread, but on the AEG point are you forgetting about the concessions (t-shirts, beer, etc.) sold at the concert? or is that typically not including in the type of deal AEG has?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:17

Do the concession prices follow the ticket prices? I mean do they charge $650 for a t-shirt, $350 for a program and $225 for a beer?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:41

Green Lady
Why does anybody buy a top-price ticket?

2) Too rich to notice (wouldn't we all like to be?)

My son's friend's parents fit into this category. They went to the Staples show, took some friends (6 X $630), sat in the premier section at Staples, where my $85s were, and they left before the encore started......the same type of folks that get the most expensive season tickets to Dodger baseball games, show up at maybe 25% of the games, arrive in the 3rd inning and leave at the 7th inning stretch.

Date: June 19, 2013 20:41

Sooooo...should another round of shows appear in the fall, how many folks are going to rush out and get those $600 seats the day of sale? Or wait???

Just to present a scenario: If there was a "next time", where would they go from here? It was a great thing that they let all those $85 seats go - but, knowing there is a possibility the bottom will drop out of the pricepoints for tickets, how do you fill the shows next time?

Do it the same way? And wait until day of show to sell the $85 tickets and a smattering of lower tier seats at full price? Or lower the pricepoint outright across the board to something closer to reality - something the Stones have NEVER done?

What I'm really wondering is: Have they painted themselves into a corner?

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: June 19, 2013 20:45

After shelling out $1800+ per ticket for the 2 Newark shows last December, I decided that I would only see the rest of this tour by taking a chance on the $85's. I have seen 9 dates so far and the $85's have resulted in the following:

Great premium lowers tix on the side of the stage for 3 shows

Pit Tix at 2 shows

3 nosebleeds shows way up on the side of the stage near the last row. (Upgraded twice to great lower seats) We did our own self upgrade and landed two rows up from the floor on the side of the stage.

1 lower level show opposite the stage ( stayed in those seats to take the entire show in)

Given a choice I would prefer the lottery ticket scheme of $85's any time. It's fun, nerve wracking and you can end up close or way up high, but who cares it's the Rolling Stones..

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2013 21:31

sonomastone
Gazza
True, but we thought that before when on the last tour they overpriced the tickets and then ended up doing 2 for 1 deals because they werent shifting.

They just understimated the number of people with more money and more desperation than common sense. They got away with it in November because there were only 5 shows and even then plenty of people were panic buying £400 nosebleeds despite being told the market couldnt sustain it. When you spread that out to about 20 shows in a dozen cities, you're simply less likely to fool as many people.

The real idiots in this though are AEG. To give the Stones a deal like that - in the middle of a recession - where they'd have to price the average ticket above $300 (it was $167 on the last tour!) just to break even if all the shows sold out is financial insanity. Dainty and Branson at least had the common sense to bail out knowing that pricing formula couldnt be sustained over the period of a proper tour

i agree with just about everything you're saying on this thread, but on the AEG point are you forgetting about the concessions (t-shirts, beer, etc.) sold at the concert? or is that typically not including in the type of deal AEG has?

The venue will rake in quite a considerable % of the food and drink takings.

T-shirts? You can bet that anything anyone makes on that will be a tiny fraction of what the Stones earn on them. Theyre also available on the band's website after all. Merchandise makes up quite a large cut of the revenue made on a tour by most acts. The manufacturers and sellers take up a much smaller % of the price of an item than a promoter does of a concert ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 21:37 by Gazza.

Date: June 19, 2013 21:43

Its all about risks. Some take the $1500 sure way to get to the pit and others like me took the $85.00 gamble and won.
May I ask were you the guy wearing the "Backstreet Boys" T-Shirt at the concert in Philly last night?
If so sorry your beer got spilled by the guy on the other side of us.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:36

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
bv
Supply and demand. Last night the beers in my hotel were $2 during the Phillis game, but as soon as the game and the concert finished, the beers were $4.25. Same withy airline prices. I got a cheap $65 business upgrade and got lots of fast lane and luxury tratment the other day, on my way to Philly, but the guys next to me in the Business cabin paid multiple money for the same seats.

There are other things to worry about in life than the pants you bought at full price no being on summer sale. Or the rain that fell one hour ago but not now. Life is unfair. Make the best of it!

i know i speak for the community when i say thank you for your spiritual guidance through these tough times.

i think we should give others a shot at posting as GRNRBITW...i don't think it's fair fo me to hog the spotlight.

I'm just glad that you had the foresight to make the investment of time to create some 'branding' around GRNRBITW...diversification of 'ban risk' is a simple but effective way to maximize returns and lower overall risk on your stones quip portfolio.

i stopped using ban months ago...i'm onto mennen speed stick. less risk. but, roll on ban!

you're soaking in it

madge?

I honestly think I'm making your day today.

Date: June 19, 2013 22:48

treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
bv

you're soaking in it

madge?

you're giving me a gomper

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:50

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
bv

you're soaking in it

madge?

you're giving me a gomper

why don't we sing this song all together (see what happens) ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 19, 2013 22:56

Didn't we recently have a briefing about those geometric postings?

Date: June 19, 2013 22:57

Stoneage

i flunked geometry. but i dun graduated the sixth grade.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 19, 2013 23:13

StonesTod
Stoneage

i flunked geometry. but i dun graduated the sixth grade.

I guess the boss will call another group meeting and we'll have to have a 2 hour workshop on this. I think it's my turn to bring the donuts, bagels & coffee.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 19, 2013 23:16

Don't forget we're using the new cover sheet on our TPS reports now.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 20, 2013 00:22

Love this thread title--"Thanks, I needed that!"

"....I needed that then, and I need it now"....

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home