Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

how did Ron sound at his London gig?
Date: March 24, 2005 23:10

just wondering from those of you who got to see and hear RW or if you have the show, how was he sounding? on solos, etc...
I read the comments posted after that show and the consensus seemed to be that he was in good form.
In the upcoming tour I know we all hope he does well...but I think as far as Taylor-esque solos, they don't really want that, have been moving away from dazzling displays of virtuosity...but I'm thinking RW could sure play like that if he wanted, or if the Twins wanted it...maybe not like MT, but few can.

Re: how did Ron sound at his London gig?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 24, 2005 23:20

wasn't there - but have listened repeatedly to the recording. Verdict:

RW's chops were passable - and probably as good as we're gonna hear at this point. But, not even remotely close to his heyday era with the Faces and Stones. Not even close. Good news was that he actually "plays" for a change...not a mere spectator.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 24, 2005 23:47

he played fine. Concentrated on playing and leading his band instead of pissing about. Not a cigarette or drink in sight, either.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 25, 2005 00:04

I just hope he will do better than the last tour, where he sometimes did not play at all...but at the Cirkus in Stockholm, he was at his best, compared to the other shows I saw. I just hope, since Taylor is not coming back, that the non-smoking, non drinking(?) Ron, will be at least as good as in, say 89-90. That will be sufficient for me. Keith on the other hand, has his arthritis that he canĀ“t do much about. This time, I will be happy if they tour one more time, and come out at the end as the greatest rock n roll band in the world as we are used to.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-25 00:06 by mickijaggeroo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home