Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Philadelphia-1 June 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 20, 2013 20:06

She's with the band! Ronnie Wood's wife Sally Humphreys joins the Rolling Stones circus as band take Philadelphia by storm

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 20, 2013 20:44

StonesTod
fahthree
Thrylan
Wait a minute...... I thought people went to shows for warhorses and predictability, not spontaneity. I'm so confused.....why do we go to shows?

That's right. And remember, don't rate the Stones because you wouldn't rate your wife or kids. We don't want special songs we want special moments.

i need a moment to collect myself.

....ok...there....wow, that was good.

Wrong.....I absolutely rate my wife,(or I wouldn't have married her in the first place!), and my kids to. Biggest problem today is too many free passes. Nobody wants to hurt anyone's feelings, so there is a lot of mediocrity. Doesn't make me an a$$hole, it makes me honest. People that know me tend to appreciate that. smiling smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 20, 2013 21:04

Thrylan
StonesTod
fahthree
Thrylan
Wait a minute...... I thought people went to shows for warhorses and predictability, not spontaneity. I'm so confused.....why do we go to shows?

That's right. And remember, don't rate the Stones because you wouldn't rate your wife or kids. We don't want special songs we want special moments.

Wrong.....I absolutely rate my wife,(or I wouldn't have married her in the first place!), and my kids to. Biggest problem today is too many free passes. Nobody wants to hurt anyone's feelings, so there is a lot of mediocrity. Doesn't make me an a$$hole, it makes me honest. People that know me tend to appreciate that. smiling smiley

well people that know me tend to think of me as an a$$hole...and i think you can appreciate that

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 20, 2013 22:47

Lol....."You're not wrong Walter, you're an a$$hole!"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 20, 2013 23:07

Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),
I'm liking this thread (Jesse refuses to get back on). I like the information on it.

Question: Some of you say you want the Stones to recapture the spirit and passion of the past decades. From the videos I've watched, the band was under the influence a lot while on stage (I know all R&R bands were/are) but is THAT the spontaneity and passion you're talking about? Do you think that made the difference?

I'm no saint re booze and drugs but I prefer this band sober and connecting w/audiences vs lost in themselves, staring at their guitars. I like Jagger's sense of "performing" for an audience too instead of what I always thought was mocking the audience in the late '60s and early 70s.
Not sure where the mocking comes from, I don't think that's true at all. yeah the band was high but so was the audience. The connection was there.

Rockyfan,
No doubt the connection was there back then. Is that what you guys miss?

I don't claim to have any facts to back my impressions gleaned only from videos and tv. But I reacted differently to Jagger in Chicago: I liked that he was obviously in control of the show. I was surprised that he was obviously a stellar entertainer but also a well-spoken, intelligent man.

We don't care Jagger to be well-spoken or intelligent or in control of the show (the finest moment of this tour was in LA May 20 during CYHMK where he was totally Out of Control), but him to be a true and convincing artist. He was in the past, but now he's an entertainer. Those who are interested in art don't need entertainers or entertaining artists but genuine and true artists. That's what we guys do miss indeed.

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: June 21, 2013 00:11

kleermaker
Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),
I'm liking this thread (Jesse refuses to get back on). I like the information on it.

Question: Some of you say you want the Stones to recapture the spirit and passion of the past decades. From the videos I've watched, the band was under the influence a lot while on stage (I know all R&R bands were/are) but is THAT the spontaneity and passion you're talking about? Do you think that made the difference?

I'm no saint re booze and drugs but I prefer this band sober and connecting w/audiences vs lost in themselves, staring at their guitars. I like Jagger's sense of "performing" for an audience too instead of what I always thought was mocking the audience in the late '60s and early 70s.
Not sure where the mocking comes from, I don't think that's true at all. yeah the band was high but so was the audience. The connection was there.

Rockyfan,

I don't claim to have any facts to back my impressions gleaned only from videos and tv. But I reacted differently to Jagger in Chicago: I liked that he was obviously in control of the show. I was surprised that he was obviously a stellar entertainer but also a well-spoken, intelligent man.

We don't care Jagger to be well-spoken or intelligent or in control of the show (the finest moment of this tour was in LA May 20 during CYHMK where he was totally Out of Control), but him to be a true and convincing artist. He was in the past, but now he's an entertainer. Those who are interested in art don't need entertainers or entertaining artists but genuine and true artists. That's what we guys do miss indeed.

I understand. Jess is in the arts but I'm in medicine so I liked things more controlled. As I said, I was never a big Stones fan so you're coming from a different place. Hope you get your artists.

Date: June 21, 2013 00:38

Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),

Rockyfan,

I understand. Jess is in the arts but I'm in medicine so I liked things more controlled. As I said, I was never a big Stones fan so you're coming from a different place. Hope you get your artists.

I thougt Jesse was talking, but now it's her spokesman. A bit confusing for an old man like me. Still I don't understand what profession has to do with liking art.

Date: June 21, 2013 01:08

Husband smiling smiley

Date: June 21, 2013 01:09

kleermaker
Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),

Rockyfan,

I thougt Jesse was talking, but now it's her spokesman. A bit confusing for an old man like me. Still I don't understand what profession has to do with liking art.

I'm not Jess' spokesman so save the sarcasm please. I identified myself in my first post.
It's not an issue of liking art, it's more an issue of what kind of art one gravitates toward. I think we who are in the Sciences don't like loose ends; those in the arts tend to think lose ends are what it's all about. Neither is better than the other. I've been trained not to leave things to chance. For better or worse, that's why I admired Jagger's control of the show. You obviously come from a different direction. Viva la difference!

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 21, 2013 01:12

Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),

Rockyfan,

I'm not Jess' spokesman so save the sarcasm please. I identified myself in my first post.
It's not an issue of liking art, it's more an issue of what kind of art one gravitates toward. I think we who are in the Sciences don't like loose ends; those in the arts tend to think lose ends are what it's all about. Neither is better than the other. I've been trained not to leave things to chance. For better or worse, that's why I admired Jagger's control of the show. You obviously come from a different direction. Viva la difference!

It's "vive le difference". Since you don't like loose ends.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 21, 2013 01:24

DandelionPowderman
Husband smiling smiley

It's a tag team, like in wrestling.... or perhaps a multiple personality, like in Sybil.

It says Jesse's real name is "Zach", so it might be the latter.... What I don't understand is why two people have to use the same name, it's confusing. If they each had their own account, then they wouldn't have to begin their posts buy always informing readers which personality is posting.

Usually it's one person having several poster names, but here it's two people using the same name, so it's a bit of a novelty.

Date: June 21, 2013 01:31

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
Husband smiling smiley

It's a tag team, like in wrestling.... or perhaps a multiple personality, like in Sybil.

It says Jesse's real name is "Zach", so it might be the latter.... What I don't understand is why two people have to use the same name, it's confusing. If they each had their own account, then they wouldn't have to begin their posts buy always informing readers which personality is posting.

Usually it's one person having several poster names, but here it's two people using the same name, so it's a bit of a novelty.

I'd say we welcome any new approach here at IORR, no matter how confusing smiling smiley

Date: June 21, 2013 01:33

Sonomastone said:

"It's "vive le difference". Since you don't like loose ends."

Wow. You need to chill.

My medical training left me liking order but your excessive toilet-training left you liking pettiness.

I now have to humbly admit to Jess that she was right about this site.

What a shame.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 21, 2013 01:40

Jesse
Sonomastone said:

"It's "vive le difference". Since you don't like loose ends."

Wow. You need to chill.

My medical training left me liking order but your excessive toilet-training left you liking pettiness.

I now have to humbly admit to Jess that she was right about this site.

What a shame.

ah, again with the personal attacks. give her our love.

Date: June 21, 2013 01:40

grinning smiley I have to ask - are you really Zach and Jess?? Or are you a former poster having the time of your life fooling us winking smiley

Date: June 21, 2013 01:53

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman
Husband smiling smiley

I'll explain so you won't be confused. Jesse opened an account on her computer at home and started posting here. She loved the site but then stopped. I was curious as to why she stopped, so I checked it out. I explained all of this the first time I wrote -- I also gave my name, Zach.

I surely wasn't going to open an account if she had one. If she used my name somewhere, maybe it's because I pay the bill. I don't grill her on those things.

I liked the site too and went back on it using her computer. I didn't think I needed to open my own account. But I always identified myself as Jess' husband" in all my posts.

She had no problem w/ me using her computer. But you obviously have problems with it.
Don't worry. I won't be on again.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 21, 2013 02:20

Jesse
I'll explain so you won't be confused. Jesse opened an account on her computer at home and started posting here. She loved the site but then stopped. I was curious as to why she stopped, so I checked it out. I explained all of this the first time I wrote -- I also gave my name, Zach.

I surely wasn't going to open an account if she had one. If she used my name somewhere, maybe it's because I pay the bill. I don't grill her on those things.

I liked the site too and went back on it using her computer. I didn't think I needed to open my own account. But I always identified myself as Jess' husband" in all my posts.

She had no problem w/ me using her computer. But you obviously have problems with it.

No, I don't have problems with you using "her" computer, I just find it amusing that two different people would consider use the same posting name, especially when it takes only less than 30 seconds to create an account for yourself--and it matters not from which computer your account is created. You must understand what an amusing novelty approach yours is, and there are already a few amusing characters posting in the forum as it is.

But I know you're not offended, and that you will soon be posting on here again. For days now the "Jesse" account has been threatening to stop posting, but the messages continue to flow.

And, please, do continue--whether it's on behalf of the Art Department or the Science Department--two heads are better than one.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:04

Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
kleermaker
Jesse
Rokyfan
Jesse
Zach (Jess' husband),

Rockyfan,

Interesting, because medicine is just an art and only partly science.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:10

stonehearted
Jesse

No, I don't have problems with you using "her" computer, I just find it amusing that two different people would consider use the same posting name, especially when it takes only less than 30 seconds to create an account for yourself--and it matters not from which computer your account is created. You must understand what an amusing novelty approach yours is, and there are already a few amusing characters posting in the forum as it is.

But I know you're not offended, and that you will soon be posting on here again. For days now the "Jesse" account has been threatening to stop posting, but the messages continue to flow.

And, please, do continue--whether it's on behalf of the Art Department or the Science Department--two heads are better than one.

We're waiting so long for novelties from that the Stones that we accept any novelty no matter what. So a multiple person account blew us away. Thanks for the thrill and send my love to your better half.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 21, 2013 05:25

StonesTod
kleermaker
Thrylan

I also believe there is a certain amount of angst here....we all know the end is near. Even if they do go another 10 years, it will go quick.

No angst here for the end of the Stones. But my next ten years will certainly fly away too quickly indeed.

what if you have a fear of flying? can years paddle away? seems like it wouldn't be as quick that way, too.

Ask Bill Wyman.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: June 21, 2013 07:03

kleermaker
Jesse

Interesting, because medicine is just an art and only partly science.

There are quite a few medical arts building in America [www.google.com]

Showing you are right that medicine is part art and part science. "Jesse" might be in the drier, scientific research end of medicine

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 21, 2013 07:19

StonesTod
Thrylan
StonesTod
fahthree
Thrylan

well people that know me tend to think of me as an a$$hole...and i think you can appreciate that

People that don't know you too. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2013 13:47

TimeIs
Who are the retards who keep voting for Dead Flowers? (Did the same in Montreal.) They play this song every tour, basically.

Have a hard time believing that this was the fans' choice that just happened to be the song that they rehearsed with Brad Paisley (which was the obvious song to do with him).
i voted for it , if you dont like dead flowers maybe you should follow another band . this is a CLASSIC SONG from sticky fingers .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 21, 2013 15:40

bv
StonesTod
Fixembones
StonesTod
bv
They dropped a song because the show lasted 2 hours 20 as usual.

hard to argue with logic like this.

The stones have not played in most places since 2006. This is supposed to be a 50 year celebration and the prices they are charging are through the roof. I would think they should be able to play for 2 1/2 hours at least 22 to 23 songs each night for what we are paying.

and it's hard to argue with logic like that, too.

Yesterday I broke my rule of never drinking foreign beer so I ordered a Stella and it cost me $7. Like an old fart I was pissed off for like ten seconds because the domestics are $4 but then I said to myself why worry - my next one was Yuengling and that was fine at the regular domestic price. Too many worries makes no easy life.

Point is if the price tag is to steep for you then you will find 100 things that might add up to more worries. Like how many songs, how many MT are on, how many times Keith or Charlie are smiling, the guy next to you singing, the wrong set list, the rigged vote, Charlie not walking all the way up front stage last night (like he use to do), or Matt Clifford suddenly on Ronnie side, or the show starting as usual 8:55pm and not early start 8:45pm like they did 2-3 times. If needed I could make a list of 100 things that were unusual or out of order last night, or in fact every night, but is that how we treat our love of 50+ years?

I never rate my wife, kids or friends, and I never rate the Stones. I appreciate every moment, they might not be here next week or next year, but they are here now, still. And that makes me happy.
i like the way you think BV!!!!!!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 10, 2013 22:49

Irix
BowieStone

Is there a reason they dropped a song?
Did they start late?

A pity they dropped a song from the most intresting part of the show.

They want to adjust their setlist to the festival format for Hyde Park - there are then only 19 songs and will probably be all warhorses ...... winking smiley

Well, we've got a prophet here.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home