Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: Philadelphia-1 June 18 Stones show live updates
Date: June 19, 2013 16:23

Apparently, they started late AND did a 15 minute version of MR.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:23

Dead Flowers with Brad Paisley was pretty good...

However I'm suspicious about the fan vote. Seems likely that they had already planned on playing that song with Brad Paisley regardless.

Date: June 19, 2013 16:26

Everytime the guest is on the fan vote song, something is indeed fishy...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:30

They dropped a song because the show lasted 2 hours 20 as usual.

Bjornulf

Date: June 19, 2013 16:33

An extra minute for Brad's guitar solo on Dead Flowers + 3 extra minutes for Midnight Rambler.

That adds up.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:37

JMARKO
Shawn20
The number one question following this tour will be - why the limited use of Mick Taylor? And enough of the garbage that's he no longer a member. Neither are Lisa or Bernard but they're on every song.

Lisa and Bernard, and Chuck actually, have been in the band 24 years - Chuck actually 33 years.

Taylor was in the band for just over four.

What I don't understand is how/why they trot him out for one number, send him back, then bring him out again, then send him back, and have him for the encore.
Just put his bloody songs together in a mini set.

J

MT was in the band for 5 1/2 years (June '69 to Dec '74). During his peak "live" which was also the band's peak "live", he was comsidered to be one of the very best lead guitar players in thw world. Lisa, Bernard and Chuck and back-up performers. Lisa is a great singer. But they are not Rolling Stones.

The part you said about having a mini-set, I agree with.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:41

The official set list only had 21 songs on it so i'd say it's a safe bet that is what we are going to see moving forward.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:50

bv

hard to argue with logic like this.

Posted by: Fixembones ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:53

StonesTod
bv

The stones have not played in most places since 2006. This is supposed to be a 50 year celebration and the prices they are charging are through the roof. I would think they should be able to play for 2 1/2 hours at least 22 to 23 songs each night for what we are paying.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 19, 2013 16:54

Date: June 19, 2013 16:54

Fixembones
StonesTod
bv

The stones have not played in most places since 2006. This is supposed to be a 50 year celebration and the prices they are charging are through the roof. I would think they should be able to play for 2 1/2 hours at least 22 to 23 songs each night for what we are paying.

and it's hard to argue with logic like that, too.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:01

StonesTod
Fixembones
StonesTod
bv

Do you think they keep a little taxi-meter on stage (down next to the drumkit, maybe) to clock up the $-per-song mileage, and when it gets to $600 then it's Game Over, thank-you-and-goodnight?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:13

StonesTod
bv

I'll try.

They stretched the show out to 2:20 because they dropped a song.

Date: June 19, 2013 17:16

DandelionPowderman
An extra minute for Brad's guitar solo on Dead Flowers + 3 extra minutes for Midnight Rambler.

That adds up.

I did not time every song but this means they actualy planned an extended Rambler. Was it longer than usual? I could not tell, but I noticed Dead Flowers was extended. Also some other songs got extra treats like Sympathy and JJF where Keith did some extra playing. Works fine with me. I don't count songs but rather moments!

Bjornulf

Date: June 19, 2013 17:29

StonesTod
Fixembones
StonesTod
bv

Yesterday I broke my rule of never drinking foreign beer so I ordered a Stella and it cost me $7. Like an old fart I was pissed off for like ten seconds because the domestics are $4 but then I said to myself why worry - my next one was Yuengling and that was fine at the regular domestic price. Too many worries makes no easy life.

Point is if the price tag is to steep for you then you will find 100 things that might add up to more worries. Like how many songs, how many MT are on, how many times Keith or Charlie are smiling, the guy next to you singing, the wrong set list, the rigged vote, Charlie not walking all the way up front stage last night (like he use to do), or Matt Clifford suddenly on Ronnie side, or the show starting as usual 8:55pm and not early start 8:45pm like they did 2-3 times. If needed I could make a list of 100 things that were unusual or out of order last night, or in fact every night, but is that how we treat our love of 50+ years?

I never rate my wife, kids or friends, and I never rate the Stones. I appreciate every moment, they might not be here next week or next year, but they are here now, still. And that makes me happy.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 48yearsaRSfan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:30

^^^^ Smart man! With live music, if it is happening, thats what it is all about.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:41

bv
if the price tag is to steep for you then you will find 100 things that might add up to more worries. Like how many songs, how many MT are on, how many times Keith or Charlie are smiling, the guy next to you singing, the wrong set list, the rigged vote, Charlie not walking all the way up front stage last night (like he use to do), or Matt Clifford suddenly on Ronnie side, or the show starting as usual 8:55pm and not early start 8:45pm like they did 2-3 times. If needed I could make a list of 100 things that were unusual or out of order last night, or in fact every night, but is that how we treat our love of 50+ years?

I never rate my wife, kids or friends, and I never rate the Stones. I appreciate every moment, they might not be here next week or next year, but they are here now, still. And that makes me happy.

Hear, hear!!
Spoken wisely, shàrp, and debonair.

Same goes for the words of 48yearsaRSfan: "With live music, if it is happening, thats what it is all about."

smileys with beer

(Another great logic that StonesTod will find hard to argue with, btw >grinning smiley< )

Date: June 19, 2013 17:45

Mick Taylor moment #1 last night - Midnight Rambler.
Watch Charlie in the background - big smiles!

Mick Taylor moment #2 last night - Satisfaction:

Mick Taylor moment #2 last night - Final bow:

More here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 17:46 by bv.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:47

BV I agree with you overall.. However, your wife and children are not entertainment, but the Stones are. I think it is fair to 'rate' them since they play for us. What you said is so true about shows thought...

"I don't count songs but rather moments!" - BV

SO TRUE! In Chicago there was a family infront of us who were jotting down the setlist on their phones during the show. Others trying to film the whole show on small cameras, etc... All from the upper deck. My wife and I had a good laugh about that. Putting the setlist together is very easy after the show. No need to film the entire show from the upper deck, you wont watch a distant shaky video again.

Prices and setlist are the only gripes on this tour. They really are putting on a great show in every town. Some better than others. But in Philly they changed one song...

Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: June 19, 2013 17:50

Was in section 204a last night - which is wheel chair accessible - 3 fans sitting behind me rocking out in their wheel chairs - Ages: 83, 83, 81 --- No complaints from them - For most people around me , it was their first show - for me #20 - and it was just as spectacular as the previous 19 - Hell, the could play Satisfaction for 2 hours and 20 minutes - and I would enjoy every second of it.

...Misbred Grey Executive...

Date: June 19, 2013 18:02

Green Lady
StonesTod
Fixembones
StonesTod
bv

Do you think they keep a little taxi-meter on stage (down next to the drumkit, maybe) to clock up the $-per-song mileage, and when it gets to $600 then it's Game Over, thank-you-and-goodnight?

haha. dammit. i wish i had made this post. i'm frustrated with myself right now.

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:03

Every show at that level of touring is on the taxi meter...

Date: June 19, 2013 18:03

bv
StonesTod
Fixembones
StonesTod
bv

Yesterday I broke my rule of never drinking foreign beer so I ordered a Stella and it cost me $7. Like an old fart I was pissed off for like ten seconds because the domestics are $4 but then I said to myself why worry - my next one was Yuengling and that was fine at the regular domestic price. Too many worries makes no easy life.

Point is if the price tag is to steep for you then you will find 100 things that might add up to more worries. Like how many songs, how many MT are on, how many times Keith or Charlie are smiling, the guy next to you singing, the wrong set list, the rigged vote, Charlie not walking all the way up front stage last night (like he use to do), or Matt Clifford suddenly on Ronnie side, or the show starting as usual 8:55pm and not early start 8:45pm like they did 2-3 times. If needed I could make a list of 100 things that were unusual or out of order last night, or in fact every night, but is that how we treat our love of 50+ years?

we know you've been smiling since april. best smiling ever.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:09

bv

Don't confuse the complainers with logic such as the show was the normal length, the band sounds great, and the songs they play ARE the Rolling Stones. This would deprive the wancers of their wanc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 18:59 by Woz.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 19, 2013 18:57

jazzbass
I know this video has been posted before but here is my shot from the pit. Interesting moment at 4:03, Mick returns to the mic at the end of Ronnie's solo and kinda biffs him out of the way. If you listen closely you can even hear the guitars make contact. Afterwards Ronnie had this "oops" look on his face. Dead Flowers

Actually it's Keith doing a trick there which forces Jagger to biff poor Ronnie!

Posted by: tomy1 ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:14

Did anyone notice the seating/stage configuration last night? I had seats in Sec 124 row 6 seat 1 and when I purchased this seat from Wells Fargo Center's Web Site this seat would basically put me even with the front of the stage using their seating chart. But when I arrived it looked like they moved the stage back a complete section now the front of the stage was almost on the aisle between sections 122 and 123 - very odd?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:34

Dead Flowers

You Got The Silver

Tumblin' Dice

Satisfaction

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-20 03:01 by schillid.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:41

Bjornulf, thanks for pointing out
Keith's extra playing, especially enjoyed
it on JJF.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 19, 2013 19:48

You guys would make Mick/LSE proud with your accounting approach ;-)

bye bye johnny
[i.imgur.com]

[i.imgur.com]

[i.imgur.com]

Wow ! Best quality pics of the "50th & Counting" tour so far?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 19, 2013 20:00

gotdablouse

Wow ! Best quality pics of the "50th & Counting" tour so far?

My impression too. Is it straight from the camera or is it edited?

Edit: It's a Getty Image. Maybe it is edited. Unfortunately there are no EXIF data, would be interested in the camera type - maybe a very expensive Nikon DSLR which is not allowed for us normal fans to bring in .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 20:20 by Irix.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home