Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Philadelphia-1 June 18 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:23

JumpinJackOLantern
Thrylan
I react quick to whiner, and the whole fan thing. I assure anyone, when I was 8-9, in 1980, in WV, I received all kinds of white because I wasn't into Hall and Oates, or terrible clichéd country music. Picked on, made fun of, but I knew what was what. I earned mine, I guess I get kind of "Keith" uptight about it.....the blade...lol

Constructive criticism is always welcome. It's just that when certain individuals show absolutely no enthusiasm for the band as they exist today, and never have anything positive to say, it raises a red flag. I give credit to those that motivated Keith to get his act together for this tour.

Yeah...I get it. I am at fault in assuming we are all hardcore fans here. I do see a lot of good this tour, especially with Keith. The fall, combined with the meds...the drink, 2007 had some low points. The realist in me knows it can't last forever, so I am a bit desperate to do the 3 generation thing with my Dad and my son. I am actually thinking 2 pair of 85's. If we draw two pits, let the old man and the 18 year old go, I can rock out in the parking lot! Hopefully we can stick together. Plus we would end up with an extra to turn someone on to. Still be cheaper than 450$ on three marginal seats with no chance of upgrade.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:25

I was across the street at the Philles-Nats game thinking about being ther on Friday! Can't wait!!!

Date: June 19, 2013 08:26

Glam Descendant
Glam Descendant
StonesTod
hbwriter
would love if they'd picked if you can't rock - that's never ever been played outside of the medley, right?

wrong. a featured song at most licks arena shows

Yeah, it's the opener for the MSG PPV which is on FOUR FLICKS. And it's on LIVE LICKS but I think it's only on the Japanese version.

This is the performance that's on both FOUR FLICKS and LIVE LICKS:

SFM was the opener.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:32

JumpinJackOLantern
Thrylan
I react quick to whiner, and the whole fan thing. I assure anyone, when I was 8-9, in 1980, in WV, I received all kinds of white because I wasn't into Hall and Oates, or terrible clichéd country music. Picked on, made fun of, but I knew what was what. I earned mine, I guess I get kind of "Keith" uptight about it.....the blade...lol

Constructive criticism is always welcome. It's just that when certain individuals show absolutely no enthusiasm for the band as they exist today, and never have anything positive to say, it raises a red flag. I give credit to those that motivated Keith to get his act together for this tour.

it may be true that there are a few who only complain, who never have anything good to say, I'll give you that.

But much of the criticism is legit and should not result in one's fan credentials being questioned. And all those people are painted, by some, with the same broad brush.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:33

D'oh, you're right. IYCRM was the second song right?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:37

MJRocksoff
I was across the street at the Philles-Nats game thinking about being ther on Friday! Can't wait!!!

sounds like fun. Did they play Stones between innings?

Can you tell me if it is possible to get a cab from the arena after the show . . . what's the best corner to try (on Friday)?

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:39

Date: June 19, 2013 08:41

Just got back from the concert. They blew me away even with the stagnat setlist. They are a completly different band with Taylor on stage, more powerful, serious and just simply better. I read that they performed less songs tonight than previoulsy? It didn't matter. Midnight Rambler was extended and everyone in the band was feeding off the energy from the crowd. Keith seemed to shed years off himself, I swear he got younger as the night went on. I have see them on every tour since Steel Wheels and Mick's voice is in top form. They are incredible. This was the loudest that I ever heard them. Keith's guitar was screeching so loud on SFTD that it muffled Mick's voice. I liked the sloppiness of it all. Just an incredible noise. Charlie is a machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 08:46 by AlmostHearYouSigh.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:43

Is there a reason they dropped a song?
Did they start late?

A pity they dropped a song from the most intresting part of the show.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:50

If they drop a song for a longer Midnight Rambler, that's great. They need a full out improvisational song like this.

I just wish they would give Sympathy For The Devil the same guitar treatment that they used to give it from 69 to the 70's. Now it's all percussion dominated it seems with sparse guitar.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 19, 2013 08:55

Shawn20
The number one question following this tour will be - why the limited use of Mick Taylor? And enough of the garbage that's he no longer a member. Neither are Lisa or Bernard but they're on every song.

Lisa and Bernard, and Chuck actually, have been in the band 24 years - Chuck actually 33 years.

Taylor was in the band for just over four.

What I don't understand is how/why they trot him out for one number, send him back, then bring him out again, then send him back, and have him for the encore.
Just put his bloody songs together in a mini set.

J

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 19, 2013 09:02

Rokyfan
MJRocksoff

sounds like fun. Did they play Stones between innings?

Can you tell me if it is possible to get a cab from the arena after the show . . . what's the best corner to try (on Friday)?

Joey Votto for the Reds comes out to PIB.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 09:24

AlmostHearYouSigh
Just got back from the concert. They blew me away even with the stagnat setlist. They are a completly different band with Taylor on stage, more powerful, serious and just simply better. I read that they performed less songs tonight than previoulsy? It didn't matter. Midnight Rambler was extended and everyone in the band was feeding off the energy from the crowd. Keith seemed to shed years off himself, I swear he got younger as the night went on. I have see them on every tour since Steel Wheels and Mick's voice is in top form. They are incredible. This was the loudest that I ever heard them. Keith's guitar was screeching so loud on SFTD that it muffled Mick's voice. I liked the sloppiness of it all. Just an incredible noise. Charlie is a machine.

awesome, glad you had a blast. your observations are similar to mine when i saw them on the west coast. it's a nostalgia show, but they are playing very well all things considered, with keith much better than in recent past and mj just incredible for his age.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 19, 2013 09:39

JMARKO
Shawn20
The number one question following this tour will be - why the limited use of Mick Taylor? And enough of the garbage that's he no longer a member. Neither are Lisa or Bernard but they're on every song.

Lisa and Bernard, and Chuck actually, have been in the band 24 years - Chuck actually 33 years.

Taylor was in the band for just over four.

What I don't understand is how/why they trot him out for one number, send him back, then bring him out again, then send him back, and have him for the encore.
Just put his bloody songs together in a mini set.

J

exactly.
it's not much to ask...afterall, everyone is playing the same music !

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 19, 2013 09:44

Midnight Rambler

JJF

YCAGWYW

Date: June 19, 2013 10:00

What happened with Keith on Rambler?

Just before he was stopping the band he looked like he was in a trance or something smiling smiley Charlie sure didn't understand his "cue". Taylor and Ronnie were smiling.

Priceless! grinning smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:02

headly123
BV you should have gone to the game last night. You would have enjoyed it.

I watched the hockey game Chicago @ Boston live on TV and I must say it was a great game and I would not have missed it. Don't have a clue about baseball, but it was on the screen next to my hockey game...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Marca ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:22

Few observations form my 20th career show

1. Little disappointed for the dropping of 1 song but hopefully we get 22 or 23 on Fri.

2. Rambler isnt 1 of my 7 or 8 top songs but was by far the best song they played tonight. That was awesome

3. Mick was on fire tonight. the energy for what ever age they say he is (i know 69) is amazing and actually looked closer to the Mick of 89. And how he gets uo for every show is just simply incredible

4. As for Mick Taylor. I would imagine he is having a blast being on the road again with the boys and I am sure they are making it worth his while for basically 20 minutes of stage time

5. Brad Paisley wasnt bad ( i am so not a country fan and couldnt tell you 1 song by him). Looking for a big name on Fri hopefully

6. Philly is known for being a blue collar yet intense crowd and I think Mick feeds off that tremendously.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:30

triceratops
Dead Flowers with Brad Paisley but never with Mick Tayor on this tour. Maximum suckage!

Tour is almost over and Mick Taylor was never given a real chance////Lets just hope he was generously compensated for what his playing w Stones in 2013 and for recording royalties 1968-1974 not paid after 1983 according to Mick Taylor in the Daily Mail 2009

what did he record with them in 1968? he was with the bluesbreakers then.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:41

virgil
mnewman505
whats going on here? did they drop a song?

It sure looks like it, getting lazy at the end of the tour as they have done in the past.

Hate the way they do this every tour and usually drop another when they get to Europe. Is another five or ten minutes so hard to find the energy for? They don't charge any less as the tour goes on.

Date: June 19, 2013 10:46

Re Brad Paisley, Chuck's wife, Rose just posted this on Facebook smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 19, 2013 10:47

Oh dear, another fixed vote. With a country singer as guest and Dead Flowers on the ballot I should have known not to waste my time voting. The alleged "retards" who vote for DF in droves just don't exist, do they. Not that liking DF makes you a retard - I quite like it myself, but being landed with it so often as the alleged winner of a fraudulent vote can put you off a song...

Why do the Stones do this when they have a guest, when the deception is so obvious? What's the point?

Or do all those hordes of zombie DF-worshippers really exist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 10:49 by Green Lady.

Date: June 19, 2013 10:57

He he, DF is a nice song, but I really think the Stones should have played both DF as well as another of the songs you could vote for...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:41

maybe I'm a zombie but I really like Dead Flowers - more than every single song from that list

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:44

[youtu.be]

DEAD FLOWERS - PHILLY 6/18

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 12:14 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:47

Sorry - I'd got as far as talking about the hordes of DF-worshippers and then Doom & Gloom kicked in and they became hordes of zombies... If they are, then I'm one too because I do like it - it just wins the online vote too often to be plausible.

Date: June 19, 2013 11:50

Green Lady
Sorry - I'd got as far as talking about the hordes of DF-worshippers and then Doom & Gloom kicked in and they became hordes of zombies... If they are, then I'm one too because I do like it - it just wins the online vote too often to be plausible.

only the second time this tour?

Date: June 19, 2013 11:56

Fourth time this tour:

- Newark
- Oakland
- Montreal
- Philly

:
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 19, 2013 11:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-19 12:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: June 19, 2013 12:10

DandelionPowderman
Fourth time this tour:

- Newark
- Oakland
- Montreal
- Philly

so, only third time in 2013 winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home