Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Philadelphia June 18 webvote
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 17, 2013 06:22

Rip This
No Expectations by a country mile...You Got Me Rockin' sucks.

No Expectations is a great treat. saw it in San Jose! Highly recommended.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 17, 2013 06:44

I voted for No Expectations

Posted by: dj ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:54

Stoneage
"Dancing in The Streets" should be an option. It has Philadelphia in the lyrics...

So does "Sweet Little Sixteen".

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 17, 2013 13:10

MJRocksoff
If You Can't Rock Me would be sweet!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 17, 2013 13:31

slew
YGMR for web vote is a joke.

I think it's better song than Fight. I can't easily come up with another example though.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 17, 2013 13:33

Shawn20
Would they bring Taylor on for the solo for No Expectations?
No.

Date: June 17, 2013 13:43

bv
slew

What is wrong with YGMR? I love it, and I am not the only one...

I think something is missing from the song, there is not enough melody,(the lyrics are okay IMO) but both the guitar riff and and the singing melody are not original enough. I like the energy of the song and Mick seems to enjoy performing it so I don't really hate it. Only if the song itself would be better I would really enjoy it. Maybe they really didn't focus on the songwriting properly, the same problem as 89-.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 17, 2013 13:53

bv
slew

I voted for it, so the world can be as one.

Date: June 17, 2013 13:57

rollingon
bv
slew

I think something is missing from the song, there is not enough melody,(the lyrics are okay IMO) but both the guitar riff and and the singing melody are not original enough. I like the energy of the song and Mick seems to enjoy performing it so I don't really hate it. Only if the song itself would be better I would really enjoy it. Maybe they really didn't focus on the songwriting properly, the same problem as 89-.

It lacks the "mystery guitar" from the studio version, which indeed brings something extra to the song.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 17, 2013 14:23

It also lacks substance. Don't get me wrong, it's a really catchy generic song.

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 14:43

NICOS
Voted - No Expectations....Mick T on slide.....if not .......Dead Flowers Mick T on guitar ...

thumbs up

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 17, 2013 14:53

fahthree
Dear Mick:

You Got Me Rocking sucks. It doesn't deserve to be in the webvote. It has no merit.

You put Street Fighting Man on there but we know Mick T will not be included on it. The only reason it won in Toronto is because fans thought he would included.

The other songs are good.

Thank you.

Not true, I voted for Street Fighting Man because it rocks - with or without MT.

Date: June 17, 2013 15:03

The Worst.
fahthree
Dear Mick:

You Got Me Rocking sucks. It doesn't deserve to be in the webvote. It has no merit.

You put Street Fighting Man on there but we know Mick T will not be included on it. The only reason it won in Toronto is because fans thought he would included.

Thank you.

Not true, I voted for Street Fighting Man because it rocks - with or without MT.

SFM has always been very good, also without MT.

Of course, Brussels -73 version of SFM is something unbelievable.

Date: June 17, 2013 17:13

The Worst.
fahthree
Dear Mick:

Thank you.

That's sad because Shine A Light and Loving Cup were also on that list and they're far superior songs and rarely played. It rocks, no doubt, but why vote for a greatest hit when you can hear something more rare.

Date: June 17, 2013 17:15

bv
I did not vote for Boston-2. I did not even pay attention to the vote. So when Mick said "Memory Motel" it was a great, great surprise for me. It is not important with surprises for me, like I do know some who do not read IORR at all during tours, but still there is nothing like having a song you love so much without having any worries about getting it! So even if I have read this thread, I have already forgotten about it. The Philly vote will then be a big surprise for me. How nice to have a memnory like a butterfly - one second! Every show is new to me!

Every show will always be new when you're in the pit every night, or in a rehearsal.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: June 17, 2013 18:08

I would say this is probably the best overall options on webvoting for this tour. No Expectations is a rare treat; Dead Flowers is similar; SFM may be the Stones best song that has not made their regular selist this tour; if U Can't Rock Me is a solid tune that has not yet been payed this tour; and YGMR is an ok selection. Enjoy the show, Philly!

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:17

bye bye johnny
Chuck Leavell says he's responsible for the webvote choices.

[wzlx.cbslocal.com]

and compares himself to Brian Jones, as well!!

Leavell also detailed his work in leading the band’s performances and rehearsals as the “musical director”, much like founding member Brian Jones did in the band’s early years

Posted by: Lumpy ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:52

Dead Flowers or No Expectations with Mick Taylor.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:08

HalfNanker
bye bye johnny
Chuck Leavell says he's responsible for the webvote choices.

[wzlx.cbslocal.com]

and compares himself to Brian Jones, as well!!

Chuck never mentions Brian. That comparison is WZLX's.

"No Expectations" for tomorrow, please!
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: June 17, 2013 19:39

Hi all-

In my musical/political ruthlessness, I'm calling for you all to take a little time to stuff the ballot box for "No Expectations" at Philly #1. Would absolutely be a capstone to my Stones concert going, as I'm not sure "...I'll pass this way again."

Picks for the day: "I'm Alright," "Parachute Woman," "Till The Next Goodbye," "No Use In Crying," "Always Suffering," and "Rain Fall Down."

Re: "No Expectations" for tomorrow, please!
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:08

"Always suffering" (!) How I wish I could have experienced that one. (By the way, this is the song I have wondered whether could find the Stones of today and Mick Taylor cowork on the same level and lift the song to unseen heights.)

One song few seem to appreciate! Possibly my favourite song from after 1989! It is not necessarily an isolated musical highly innovative song, I gather. Its neglected magic, however, consists of another quality, which it is not alone to have in the Stones-catalogue. I for one treasure the way the song combines the musical and non-musical (once again, emotional) aspects, unifying them. One of Stones particular gifts. In this case, not high-pitched pain, but some more subdued pain gives rise instead of a wild suffering, rather to a matured, but lasting sufferance!

Re: "ROCKS OFF" for tomorrow, please!
Posted by: thatbird ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:18

Rocks off...please and thank you! and if not to much trouble, stay in open g and give me "all down the line" as well. Cheers. See you in the pit

Re: "No Expectations" for tomorrow, please!
Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:25

Thank you! Almost started this same thread!

REALLY REALLY REALLY want this song for the internet choice. Did I say really enough. Voted many times for No Expectations and hoping for the fans choice, without Brad Paisley. I guess that means we can forget about Sway or Can't you Hear Me knocking since we have a guest.

If you can't pull yourself to vote for No Expectations then select Street Fighting Man or don't vote at all. Sticking those people going tomorrow night with Dead Flowers, or You Got Me Rocking is just wrong.

See you tomorrow night!

Stuff Chuck Leavell's E-mail & Twitter asking for both Sway and CYHMK for Philly 6/18
Posted by: DearDrK ()
Date: June 17, 2013 20:47

Since Chuck L stated that he draws up the setlists, e-mail or Tweet him or both, that you would like to have both Sway and Can't You Hear Me Knocking as part of Tuesday June 18th's Philly set list. Maybe we can do it. There are no Mick T songs in the web-vote choices this time.

Re: Stuff Chuck Leavell's E-mail & Twitter asking for both Sway and CYHMK for Philly 6/18
Posted by: gimmerambler ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:09

ok then i'm gonna ask him to stuff his mouth with crackers
and whistle all of the keyboard parts for philly june 21st spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Stuff Chuck Leavell's E-mail & Twitter asking for both Sway and CYHMK for Philly 6/18
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:49

DearDrK
Since Chuck L stated that he draws up the setlists

No, he didn't state that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:55

Chuck is musical director, he counts off some of the tunes, the band watches him for changes / tuning guidance, etc but he does not choose the set lists. Mick Jagger (according to Keith) does the set lists because "he has to sing them".

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 17, 2013 21:59

Chuck said he always runs the set list by Mick, so I don't think Chuck has complete say. Chuck does research to try to give variety to each set list for each market and not repeat whatever unusual songs they did on the last tour in whatever city they're playing.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:11

saltoftheearth
Shawn20
Would they bring Taylor on for the solo for No Expectations?
No.

I hope that isn't true... and I hope that No Expectations is the winner & that they bring on MT to play slide.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: June 17, 2013 23:16

Voted If You Can't Rock Me. Hope they mix it into Get Off Of My Cloud ala LYL OR do a studio version with MT's lead/wahh snaking through it.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home