Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lost TV Appearances UPDATED
Posted by: RODAXE ()
Date: June 14, 2013 22:18

Here's the updated video with corrected stills/date, new stills and songs:

Please leave a comment!

Re: Lost TV Appearances UPDATED
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:18

Is there any way to break these down between actual live performance and just lip synch? I don't consider the lip synchs to be much of a loss. All the pictures I'm seeing of no guitar cords are suspicious.

What American program was Ready Steady Go associated with, Shindig, or Hullabaloo? I remember Ready Steady Go inserts sometimes.

And what's the Promofilm thing again? Obviously it wasn't actually filmed or it would still exist. And are you including Giorgio Gomelsky's film?

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:36

Oh God This Sucks Even More Then 106 Episodes Of Doctor Who Missing.I Bet It Somewhere In A Vault

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 01:39 by Godxofxrock9.

Date: June 15, 2013 22:26

24FPS
Is there any way to break these down between actual live performance and just lip synch? I don't consider the lip synchs to be much of a loss. All the pictures I'm seeing of no guitar cords are suspicious.

What American program was Ready Steady Go associated with, Shindig, or Hullabaloo? I remember Ready Steady Go inserts sometimes.

And what's the Promofilm thing again? Obviously it wasn't actually filmed or it would still exist. And are you including Giorgio Gomelsky's film?

Well, i belive it's hulllabaloo, since Shindig is from ABC. Here's the thing with promofilms: Top of the pops recorded promofilms EXCLUSIVELY for the show on the bbc studios. Ththing with she's a rainbow stills a mystery, cause they do recorded 2 promos for their newest single in october 67, which was broadcasted in december 21 in B&W on TOTP. 2000 light years from home only survived because of the film POPCORN - AN AUDIO VISUAL THING. Last year in twitter, the stones were asking for she's a rainbow promo which obviously EXIST (or EXISTED) but they don't have in their archive.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 15, 2013 23:58

There weren't any singles drawn from Their Satanic Majesties Request in UK. In the UK atleast those abum track promos were to promote the album.

Were they shown in the USA as promotions for the 2000 Light Years From Home/She's A Rainbow single there?

Some of the photos you use for October 1966 RSG are from the earlier show in May.

smiling smiley

Date: June 16, 2013 01:09

His Majesty
There weren't any singles drawn from Their Satanic Majesties Request in UK. In the UK atleast those abum track promos were to promote the album.

Were they shown in the USA as promotions for the 2000 Light Years From Home/She's A Rainbow single there?

Some of the photos you use for October 1966 RSG are from the earlier show in May.

smiling smiley

Not its not. You can see in RSG October 1966 5th photo, here's a guitar behind Keith. It's the same guitar he often uses to play Lady Jane. And their attires are different from the ones used in RSG May 1966 appearance

Posted by: MitchSeaGull ()
Date: June 16, 2013 01:46

I will pay up to $10,000 for a copy of one of the "lost" video performances from Ready, Steady , Go. $15,000 if it is live, not mimed.

Date: June 16, 2013 02:20

His Majesty

smiling smiley

As far as I know, or remember, there were no Rolling Stones promo films shown in the United States at all, until Angie/Dancing With Mr. D./Silvertrain in 1973 on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. Which means they made no appearances on American Television between January '67 (Ed Sullivan - Ruby Tuesday/Let's Spend the Night Together) and November '69 (Ed Sullivan - HTW/GS/Love in Vain), a period of almost three years. And again no TV/film promotion at all for Sticky Fingers (in the States), or Exile, which means another almost 4 year drought.

I'm shocked to think that the Jumping Jack Flash promo wasn't seen in the states, or any others for that matter, not We Love You, nothing. The Beatles showed promos on various American variety shows, most notably The Smothers Brothers for Hey Jude/Revolution and The Music Scene for The Ballad of John and Yoko. Stawberry Fields (I know) and Penny Lane (I think) were shown on Dick Clark's American Bandstand.

Date: June 16, 2013 03:07

RODAXE

Not its not. You can see in RSG October 1966 5th photo, here's a guitar behind Keith. It's the same guitar he often uses to play Lady Jane. And their attires are different from the ones used in RSG May 1966 appearance

These are from rehearsals for May 1966 RSG...

... and show filming.

October rehearsals

... and show filming.

Date: June 16, 2013 17:30

Hummm, that's true! The guitar i mentioned Keith used to play "I Am Waiting". Thanx

Date: June 17, 2013 01:42

RODAXE
Hummm, that's true! The guitar i mentioned Keith used to play "I Am Waiting". Thanx

smileys with beer

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:11

Most of these don't matter anyway if they aren't even playing live. It's that lip sync crap that they used to have to do. The best ones were when they actually played their instruments.

Date: June 17, 2013 10:27

sanQ
Most of these don't matter anyway if they aren't even playing live. It's that lip sync crap that they used to have to do. The best ones were when they actually played their instruments.

It must have been flip flopped between the US and the UK. Very few groups did, or were allowed to do lip syncing. At the least it was a pre-recorded backing with live vocal. This went on until the mid-sixties at least. Even Dick Clark's bandstand didn't do lip syncing until later. It appears that in the UK they did almost exclusively lip syncing after a certain point. It didn't start out that way, did it? I mean, did the Shadows lip sync, or instrument sync?

Yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread that it would be nice to have a list of what was lip synced and what was live performance.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:59

Godxofxrock9

Word is that the BBC have recently recovered all the missing Hartnell Who eps and most of the Troughtons and will be making anannouncement on the 50th in November.

Date: June 20, 2013 22:24

MitchSeaGull
I will pay up to $10,000 for a copy of one of the "lost" video performances from Ready, Steady , Go. $15,000 if it is live, not mimed.

ahahaha...at least some audio fromlive performances survived
There's a bootleg called READY STEADY STONES wich have the original audio from:

4/9/1965 (LOST)

Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Pain In My Heart
I'm Alright

9/2/1965 (SURVIDED)

Oh Baby (We Got A Good Thing Going) (Complete) (The Rolling Stones Special edited the first part of the song)
That's How Strong My Love Is
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

10/22/1965 (LOST)

Cry To Me
She Said Yeah
Get Off Of My Cloud

5/27/1966 (SURVIVED)

(All three performances are live vocals under a backing track)

I Am Waiting
Under My Thumb
Paint It, Black

And there's also a performance from TOP OF THE POPS:

12/17/1966

(Live vocals under a backing track)

Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?

CD 01 [depositfiles.org]
CD 02 [depositfiles.org]

Cheers!

Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 18:59

a really BIG THANK YOU to RODAXE for the bootleg " READY STEADY STONES "

I was hoping there would have been a live performance of " Come On " (love that riff)
but alas ... there wasn't one on it sad smiley

Anyone know of any live recordings or out-takes of " Come On " ?

..... off topic .... Question : is it possible to PM people here on IORR ?
can't seem to be able ....wondering ... if I missed something (scratches head)

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 19:47

24FPS
His Majesty

smiling smiley

As far as I know, or remember, there were no Rolling Stones promo films shown in the United States at all, until Angie/Dancing With Mr. D./Silvertrain in 1973 on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. Which means they made no appearances on American Television between January '67 (Ed Sullivan - Ruby Tuesday/Let's Spend the Night Together) and November '69 (Ed Sullivan - HTW/GS/Love in Vain), a period of almost three years. And again no TV/film promotion at all for Sticky Fingers (in the States), or Exile, which means another almost 4 year drought.

11th August: US TV (ABC) 'Shindig!. Incl.
- Down The Road Apiece (Don Raye) -promofilm
- Oh Baby (Barbara Lynn Ozen) -promofilm
Also the version of Satisfaction that's "bleeped" is a promofilm

Date: June 23, 2013 20:05

Not really promo films in the way We Love You, 2000 Light Years Frome Home, Jumpin' Jack Flash etc were, more just things for that particular show.

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: June 23, 2013 20:07

in the documentry 25 x 25.. doesn't mick mention making a promo for come on?

Date: June 23, 2013 20:07

Keef1966
in the documentry 25 x 25.. doesn't mick mention making a promo for come on?

No. smiling smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 23, 2013 23:30

It must have been flip flopped between the US and the UK. Very few groups did, or were allowed to do lip syncing. At the least it was a pre-recorded backing with live vocal. This went on until the mid-sixties at least. Even Dick Clark's bandstand didn't do lip syncing until later. It appears that in the UK they did almost exclusively lip syncing after a certain point. It didn't start out that way, did it? I mean, did the Shadows lip sync, or instrument sync?

Yes, I mentioned earlier in the thread that it would be nice to have a list of what was lip synced and what was live performance.[/quote]

the three American Bandstands from 64-65 on HC nearly every performance is lipsynched...

Date: June 24, 2013 01:12

Keef1966
24FPS
His Majesty

smiling smiley

I've also realized there was of course the 1972 Dick Cavett Show appearance with interviews and some live footage. I guess I forgot about it because I missed it when it was on and had only heard about it back then. And they've never released it was a DVD like they have other rock star appearances on Cavett.

Date: June 25, 2013 02:52

mm54321

I was hoping there would have been a live performance of " Come On " (love that riff)

Well, there is a longer version of Come On and a live one at BBC:

Date: June 25, 2013 02:56

RODAXE

They are one and the same.

Date: June 25, 2013 03:22

RODAXE
mm54321

Yeah...i just noticed that...sad smiley

Date: June 25, 2013 03:22

RODAXE
mm54321

Yeah...i just noticed that...sad smiley

Date: June 25, 2013 04:12

I know people in the UK think of this as their start, their 'Love Me Do'. But in the states it was always Not Fade Away. Those triumphant, announcing chords by Keith, followed by that Bo Diddley beat is where it began for us. We didn't even get Come On, or I Wanna Be Your Man on anything until More Hot Rocks in the early 70s. Even 'Love Me Do' didn't reach the states till later. I Want to Hold Your Hand was our intro. Come On is a strange place to begin. I don't think they even liked the song. Fascinating how Brian overplays live, but does have the proper discipline for studio cuts.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 25, 2013 05:25

24FPS
I know people in the UK think of this as their start, their 'Love Me Do'. But in the states it was always Not Fade Away. Those triumphant, announcing chords by Keith, followed by that Bo Diddley beat is where it began for us. We didn't even get Come On, or I Wanna Be Your Man on anything until More Hot Rocks in the early 70s. Even 'Love Me Do' didn't reach the states till later. I Want to Hold Your Hand was our intro. Come On is a strange place to begin. I don't think they even liked the song. Fascinating how Brian overplays live, but does have the proper discipline for studio cuts.

I see your point. I guess it was a little different everywhere. Time Is On My Side was the first Billboard top-ten entry, but that particular version of the song didn't get a U.K. release until the 12x5 CD in the 1980's! Bizarrely, Under The Boardwalk was a No.1 on the Australian chart.

Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:17

THANK YOU heaps RODAXE for uploading the "Come On " audio YT link I watched here thumbs up

The 2nd clip with the video the audio has been edited in with a completely different song (looks like 1965)
Maybe the earliest TV appearance is "Not Fade Away" sometimes I wish they would play some snippets
of other songs like U2 do when Mick is dancing during "Gimme Shelter" would be an ideal spot
for them to go into "Come On" ...... haven't done that sort of thing in 50 years
then it's not likely to happen ...... We might have to ask U2 to play the song cool smiley

Date: June 28, 2013 09:46

His Majesty
RODAXE

These are from rehearsals for May 1966 RSG...

... and show filming.

October rehearsals

... and show filming.

LOL, how did you know that Phil? Amazing

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2139
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home