Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anybody had a camera taken away at a Stones show?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:02

I really want to get my camera into the show, but the ticket says right on the front that they arent allowed...That said every show seems to have tons of quality pics that clearly aren't from an I-phone.

The camera I have is a small Canon SX-260 that doesn't have a lens that comes on and off. From people's experiance is it worth the risk?

Re: Anybody had a camera taken away at a Stones show?
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:29

I lost one in Atlantic City on ABB Tour .

Had no problem getting one into Fenway Park and Hershey Park on that same tour .

Posted by: oldfan ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:33

It's not a problem

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:42

I took my little Nikon and saw others with them too. Most people just were using their phones.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:45

Taken a small camera to many Stones shows including London O2 Arena when we were all patted down at entry. It may be on the ticket but the Stones don't seem too precious about it. Just don't be one of these dorks that takes photos the entire show!

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: June 14, 2013 17:49

James Kirk
I really want to get my camera into the show, but the ticket says right on the front that they arent allowed...That said every show seems to have tons of quality pics that clearly aren't from an I-phone.

The camera I have is a small Canon SX-260 that doesn't have a lens that comes on and off. From people's experiance is it worth the risk?

My ticket to 5-15 Anaheim does not say cameras are not allowed.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:26

2003 was bad. Crazy security about cameras . I think they had sold the photography rights to a concert picture company..lost mine at glasgow.

Scuk

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: June 14, 2013 20:42

As long as its not an slr you have no problem. You are allowed to take in the camera you are speaking of. I've had a camera at 6 shows and security when checking me could care less. This picture was Wednesday night Bin Boston

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 14, 2013 21:41

At the Radio City show they put mine in a locker and I got it back after the show.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:16

I went to see Keith at the Beacon in 93. Had 5TH row tickets, got very drunk and walked right up front by where all the pro photographers were. The security grabbed me and asked me to go back to my seat. They asked me to not take any pics...but I did anyway and they took the camera and opened it up so that the film was ruined.

I then walked right back up by the photographers and stood right next to Bob Gruen as he took this iconic photo...
[www.google.com]

I didn't know it was Bob Gruen. He saw me get my camera taken away and I asked him if I could buy some of his photos and asked for a card.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 15, 2013 02:38

(Nice shot, fleabit!)

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1767
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home