Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Boston-2 June 14 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:43

Greatest frontman in Entertainment history. @RollingStones #TDGarden

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:57

and the show with "Worried About You," because that song owns.[/quote]

I was at that one and agree!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:11

The same grind nite after nite. Anything prior to 1966 besides Paint it Black

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:12

Look at all those banners!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:16

Any actual setlists?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:26

>Anything prior to 1966 besides Paint it Black

Huh? Cloud & Satisfaction are both prior to '66.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:29

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:54

GREAT PHOTO!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:09

re "Greatest Frontman in Entertainment History..."

I've been to some 3,000 concerts of all kinds of music throughout the US, UK and Europe.

When I was 12, I saw Sammy Davis Jr. at the Huntington Hartford Theater in Hollywood. The audience was packed with stars...so many that I ended up sitting next to Cary Grant. Sammy had recently left his father and uncle to go solo. He was so AMAZING that the starry crowd were on the feet repeatedly throughout the show.

As a teenager,I saw Sammy's mentor Frank Sinatra at the Sands Hotel in Las Vegas. Sinatra was at his peak and he was completely BRILLIANT.

I saw The Rolling Stones at Royal Albert Hall the same year. They were fantastic and I understood that IF rock and roll lasted (everyone then, including the musicians, thought it would be around for "maybe three years" that Mick Jagger would surprise the entire world.

I never could have imagined that Jagger would captivate the world for many years to come.

Sammy, Sinatra and Jagger are my picks for the three "greatest" male performers.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:13

Had the pit ticket tonight. Had to decide whether to change out of my suit or just go straight to the Arena and be in time for the early entry. Obviously, took option 2. I got there around 4:45, and there were a few people in line, but a number of them took their pit tix and then decided to come back later in the evening rather than wait for the early entry. Don't quite understand that, but better for those who lined up. I went straight for the rail, a little left of center, Ronnie's side. Met folks who had come from all over - a couple from Houston, a family from Brazil (via Texas), a bunch from New York. BV was there in his red jacket. The pit took a loooonnnnggg time to fill up. You could have come at 7:00 p.m. and still been about 3-4 rows back.

It was a great experience up front, as the stage was very close to the rail, much closer than I have seen previously. It was so close, I could almost touch it. The security people barely had enough room to stand in there. Overall, it was a solid show - not the best I've seen, but strong. Memory Motel was the highlight. When Keith sang the middle eight and the cheers went up, I felt teary eyed.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 15, 2013 07:20

Thrylan
Look at all those banners!

And that's only about half of them. For that sport. smiling smiley

Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:01

Memory Motel was the highlight tonight. They even sang the full song with all 3 verses. No CYHMK was a downer but you can't always get what you want!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:36

Mick said it would be a long show... So I did believe him... Then he said they would probably run into the 3rd overtime period... Haha!!! Mick is following the Ice Hockey games and he did know that game number one in Chicago went into the 5th longest ever game in a final, way into 3rd overtime. I watched almost two overtime periods when I was back at my hotel on Wednesday, after the show. No Boston Bruins shirt on stage tonight, no need to rub it in, Boston will have their time for revenge tomorrow Saturday. Game number two in Chicago.

But we got ... Back up to Boston ... MEMORY MOTEL !!!

Great show. No glitches or minor worries like on Wednesday. IORR is still missing half a heartbeat as Keith is shifting it over to Mick, but that is the way IORR works. So much energy tonight. I guess they all saw the energy the NHL players put into the overtime!

The picture below is Mick & Keith on Memory Motel...

And more photos + reports here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 08:38 by bv.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 15, 2013 08:47

After seeing 2 shows in Boston, I am now back home in New Hampshire feeling sad and depressed. The first night I got in the pit, and tonight's 85.00 ticket got me 10 rows up on loge 1 so great seats to both shows. This was my 26th show since 1981 and I just know that I will never see them play live again. Goodbye Boston.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:16

Another great show for Boston. Loved that they played Memory Motel (2nd time I've heard it played in Boston). Thought they did a great job on "All Down The Line", a song I feel sometimes suffers when played live.

Everyone seemed so relaxed and having a great time tonight, lots of smiles among the band members.

For the second time this week my $85 mystery tickets were way up in the far balcony. But, I self upgraded both times, to Loge 14, which was great. Took my daughter with me for her first Stones Concert. She loved it. I'm still high on the experience, but as the show wound down I took long looks with binoculars at everyone, thinking it will be my last time seeing them.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:23

The photos looks great. Now if we only could get to listen....

Date: June 15, 2013 09:33

Erik_Snow

Check out the MM video thread.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:41

Hopefully the reaction to Memory Motel will convince Jagger that his audience knows more than 10 Stones songs!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 15, 2013 09:42

DandelionPowderman
Erik_Snow

Check out the MM video thread.

Thanks, DP, will do

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:02

According to the thingy at the bottom of the page, there was a record number of users on here about 30 minutes into this show. I have no idea what that signifies.

And a record number of guests about an hour later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-15 10:03 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:04

Thanks for the pictures and review. Good to read that many had a great time.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:11

bv
Mick said it would be a long show... So I did believe him... Then he said they would probably run into the 3rd overtime period... Haha!!! Mick is following the Ice Hockey games and he did know that game number one in Chicago went into the 5th longest ever game in a final, way into 3rd overtime. I watched almost two overtime periods when I was back at my hotel on Wednesday, after the show. No Boston Bruins shirt on stage tonight, no need to rub it in, Boston will have their time for revenge tomorrow Saturday. Game number two in Chicago.

But we got ... Back up to Boston ... MEMORY MOTEL !!!

Great show. No glitches or minor worries like on Wednesday. IORR is still missing half a heartbeat as Keith is shifting it over to Mick, but that is the way IORR works. So much energy tonight. I guess they all saw the energy the NHL players put into the overtime!

The picture below is Mick & Keith on Memory Motel...

And more photos + reports here:

[www.iorr.org]

Hey, were you standing right behind me? That sure looks like my head of jet black hair.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:29

waterrats
gotdablouse
Memory Motel next ?

Man I'm falling asleep!

LOL! @#$%&' 3:15 AM over here... just rolled out of bed...

Hehe...good call on MM but I did fall asleep just after posting that!
bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Nice pic, isn't that bv just in front of Mick's bodyguard?

Posted by: sabata ()
Date: June 15, 2013 10:36

Memory Motel

Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:19

Thanks for the video. What amazes me here is the quality of Mick's voice! Really great. Charlie is perfect too! Keith's singing has been worse. So it's a great rendition of this song.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:21

sabata
Memory Motel

That was lovely. Many thanks!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:30

That is stunning, just beautiful. Jagger, what a vocal performance. thumbs up Any time you see Keith on backup vocals these days is a bonus.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:31

Great version of Memory Motel! Jaggers voice is just getting better and better, Truly amazing.

Where are the guitars though? I it because of the sound that I could hardly hear them?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: June 15, 2013 11:44

Wuudy
Great version of Memory Motel! Jaggers voice is just getting better and better, Truly amazing.

Where are the guitars though? I it because of the sound that I could hardly hear them?

Playing fills and some chords here and there, like Mandel and Perkins did on the studio version.

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: June 15, 2013 11:56

It was wonderful. Mick and Keith were their own special guests tonight. I'm looking forward to a good video of Whip Comes Down.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home