Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: IORR quoting policy - please read this before you post!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2013 00:06

I've been "misquoted" by "Rockman" so many times, that's why I use the format.

But ya won't answer dis one ......What Tour??????????????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2013 05:21

71Tele
GasLightStreet
Wuudy
I don't want to step on anyone's toes here but why are a lot of people always quoting the previous message?
If you reply to the previous message in a post you don't have to quote it as it is pretty obvious that you are replying to the last message...
People that are the first to reply to a post quote it and people keep quoting a conversation while it is so obvious to what they are replying to. It takes up too much space and, frankly IMHO, it is annoying to read.

That is not the previous message...

What you're talking about some people do; however, as explained by others, it does help with context - sometimes even with a word highlighted in bold to make the point.

It's one thing to use language that technically doesn't make sense, like pre-recorded tracks when in fact they are recorded tracks and pre-recorded means BEFORE RECORDING or "I pre-ordered it" when in fact you actually ORDERED it... but no one ever started a thread about that.

Oh, please start one!

One day. Some day. I'll be waiting, up in a tree. Like some kind of meat eating bird or cat or... something. The right person will come along and I'll pounce, dive, lunge or... something - and start a thread about those things separately.

BUT WAIT. For just $19 more I'll start additional threads about additional stupidly used phrases that are just wrong!! JUST WRONG!!!!

THEN. For only $1 more I'll quote the unquoteable - and then respond to it in the next previous message that makes it look like a response to the message that preceded the message that it's resonding to EVEN THOUGH I KNOW WHAT IT'S RESPONDING TO so unnecessarily quoted of therefor.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:31

Well said BV and thanks. (in regard to page 1 post number 18... or so)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1333
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home