Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

turn the girl loose
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: March 21, 2005 15:42

Do you love that song ? I think it's difficult to appreciate Mick's solo records if someone don't like such a work. It's the same problem with Goddess, if someone feel nothing with "dancing in the starlight"... Since his first solo effort, Mick just give pleasure and beauty...

Re: turn the girl loose
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 21, 2005 17:38

I think its horrendous and that growling, barking vocal that he was so fond of in the mid 80's is at its worst on that song

the album isnt bad, but that song and a couple of others (including the title track) are gruesome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-22 13:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 21, 2005 17:41

Shezeboss - I for one liked Mick's 1st two releases!!! Loved Jeff Beck's
influences, my fave is: Throw Away!!! copied the Video when it ran on MTV
and watch it all the time!!! MLC

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 21, 2005 18:50

agree with Gazza - represents the nadir of the 80's. Musically, it's a close cousin to Winning Ugly. 'nuff said.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 21, 2005 21:00

I like STB because I'm a Nile Rogers (Chic) & Bill Laswell fan. It's a decent dance/funk album, not a major statement. Mick oversings. The vocals are more effective on Dirty Work, where the songs are very good. Primitive Cool to me is the nadir, Wandering Spirit a very fine album, & Goddess shizoid - some fine songs mixed w/ superstar 'duets' a la Santana's comeback.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 21, 2005 22:51

don't like that song, it's one of the weak moments on "She's The Boss". By the way, that song "She's The Boss" is the worst one Mick has ever written in my opinion.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 21, 2005 23:55

She's The Boss, Turn the Girl Loose and Running Out of Luck are pretty bad songs. The 80's production doesn't help them either. The rest of the songs on the album I like but you still have to be able to get past that horrible 80s sound. Jeff Beck's guitar is great on Lucky In Love and Lonely at the top.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home