Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith the straight one regarding illicit substance in Jo Wood's new memoir
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:51

proudmary
KR has an odd feature - he allows himself all sorts of excesses but condemns others for their sins. He blames Mick for sex addiction, Ronnie for freebasing, Bill and Brian for whatever. I would think that person who indulged in his own weaknesses can be expected to be more open minded/sympathetic to others.
btw, Jo writes that it was Bobby Keys who introduced Woods with freebasing.

you're wrong on this one mary.smoking coke was the worst fcking thing you could do,just a shit way of getting high.

i did it a couple of times and i remember saying at the time it was "like taking a hit off the exhaust pipe of your car"

about one step above sniffng paint to get high,keith was right.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 11, 2013 19:53

Numerous lives were destroyed by "free basing."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2013 22:52

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
latebloomer
I'm reading it too right now. Keith does come across as the sane one in the room, for the most part. He's a good friend to Jo, and she obviously adores Keith. Keith even plays cupid, as Jo says he is the one who talked Ronnie into marrying her.

I have to wonder whether Keith may have done this more out of selfish reasons. Ronnie was clearly out of control in those years and nearly got tossed out of the band on the Tattoo You tour and the band didn't even want him in the same hotel at one point. So Keith may have thought that if Ronnie got married it might settle him down, give him a sense of responsibility, then he might not be such a liability to the band.

Next you're going to suggest Keith is selfish.

Only in matters concerning himself.

Sorry, I meant to say 'eats shellfish'.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:00

stonesrule
Numerous lives were destroyed by "free basing."

...and I figured it was just an oddly pronounced baseball term...I need to get out more...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 11, 2013 23:49

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
latebloomer
I'm reading it too right now. Keith does come across as the sane one in the room, for the most part. He's a good friend to Jo, and she obviously adores Keith. Keith even plays cupid, as Jo says he is the one who talked Ronnie into marrying her.

I have to wonder whether Keith may have done this more out of selfish reasons. Ronnie was clearly out of control in those years and nearly got tossed out of the band on the Tattoo You tour and the band didn't even want him in the same hotel at one point. So Keith may have thought that if Ronnie got married it might settle him down, give him a sense of responsibility, then he might not be such a liability to the band.

Yes, and he eats it all himself and doesn't share with the rest of the band.

Date: June 12, 2013 00:45

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
latebloomer

Ok, so you do get what I am saying.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 12, 2013 01:41

treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
latebloomer

Sure, I think so. Keith gets jealous if anyone else becomes a liability to the band--he wants that glory all to himself.

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 02:15

And we wonder why Taylor and Wyman left?????

Date: June 12, 2013 06:59

stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
treaclefingers
stonehearted
latebloomer

Sure, I think so. Keith gets jealous if anyone else becomes a liability to the band--he wants that glory all to himself.

that's what she Mick said.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:13

StonesTod
latebloomer
but I haven't gotten to the darkest chapter yet, where Ronnie leaves her for the Russian girl.

he did WHAT?????

They are going to ruin the ending for us...

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:17

lem motlow
proudmary
KR has an odd feature - he allows himself all sorts of excesses but condemns others for their sins. He blames Mick for sex addiction, Ronnie for freebasing, Bill and Brian for whatever. I would think that person who indulged in his own weaknesses can be expected to be more open minded/sympathetic to others.
btw, Jo writes that it was Bobby Keys who introduced Woods with freebasing.

you're wrong on this one mary.smoking coke was the worst fcking thing you could do,just a shit way of getting high.

i did it a couple of times and i remember saying at the time it was "like taking a hit off the exhaust pipe of your car"
about one step above sniffng paint to get high,keith was right.

Agreed. Drugs have their ups and downs, but certain white is just nasty.....free basing is a lot like the "synthetic" weed and coke of the last ten years....absolutely bends your mind.....and body.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home